1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game freezes and "warps" frames after it suddenly

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by vveyro, Jan 9, 2021.

1. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This sends me often to the wall, if it happens in a corner or tricky overtake situation, very jarring. Happens every time I play the game, regardless of track/car. Not in every race, but quite regularly

Happens on my secondary sim rig, with older 4770K and 980 Ti. Haven't played AMS2 in a while on my primary computer, because I had to temporarily devote it to work stuff

The game freezes briefly, and after it all the frames that were delayed, are rendered in a sudden burst. It's really difficult to stay on track when this happens. Is this a known bug or something related to my system?

I'm using the normal version, not Beta

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Without knowing it I guess it could/must be somethingh in your end.
    Because otherwise a lot of people would have reported it.
    How about installing AMS2 on your other PC?
    You can allways uninstall if...;)

3. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

That used to happen with Pcars2 when the CPU throttled because of too high temps.

4. vveyro

vveyro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm that so. Weird, because 4770K is at base clocks now (I didn't intend to use it to gaming anymore) and cooling should be fine. I gotta monitor the temps while driving I guess.

I was several GPU driver versions behind (probably like one year worth), I updated that and at least based on brief test, the warps didn't happen anymore. But indeed it has to be something on my end, if there isn't reports about this. I'll see how things develop now

5. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is happening to several people (myself included) when the AI pits. It appears that when the AI crosses the white line, the AI pit crew suddenly appears. At that moment, the game freezes (for a very short time, less than 1 second).
    One person suggested to turn off the option to see the AI pit crew, but I did not try that yet.