1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game is superb. Just two items of concern.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jeff Scharpf, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First I wanted to say I think you guys are on the right track with this game. It is fabulous, looks good, handles great, and runs fine on 8 year old computer even at high graphic settings. I am not a real race car driver, but it seems to handle better than AC. I know this is just an opinion, but the feel of the GT cars as you push through a corner.. I feel like I can swing it around the turn and push the limits of going loose. In AC, all of the cars seem to be too tight, and if I push hard in a turn, the car really plows lol... even if I mess with settings to loosen it. It very well could be me, but all I'm saying is AMS2 is FUN to drive. AC is a little more stressful lol.
    With that said, there are only two things that are concerning to me.

1. AI doesn't see to be affected by rain. Maybe it is, but it doesn't feel like enough. After a few hours of practice, and over 2 hours into a race, using the GT cars, I felt like I was in a good spot, being able to keep up with the AI at 90%, near the front, lead, etc.. (I'm not fast but I'm consistent), once a few drops of rain hit the road, and as the track became more wet, I changed to wet tires, and had to slow down and drive more carefully. I'm fine with this, as it makes sense. However, the AI just seemed to keep going at the same speed. I wasn't watching their times, so maybe they slowed down a bit, but it was a big difference. I went from being at or near the front, to almost dead last in about 15-20 laps. I did everything I could to keep up but I couldn't.

2. Game freezes for about 0.5 seconds every time an AI pits. It's not terrible, just kind of surprises you when it happens, and if you're in a turn, it's more scary. It's very short, and doesn't cause any loss of control, but when multiple AI pit at about the same time, it's a little funny as my game then seems to be a bit choppy for some time until they've all pitted.

Well, overall I'm beginning to really love this game. I was playing AC, but now this game is luring me over slowly lol... If you ever release a version of Road America, then I'm stuck here for life :).

I look forward to the custom championships.

Keep up the great work guys!

• Like Like x 2