1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game wheel Rotation not aligning with real wheel.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by JayBee, Sep 5, 2022.

1. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

So this is a weird one. I've updated to v1.4 and everything seemed fine.

For the lols, I renamed my AMS2 documents folder and let it create a new one. I recalibrated my pedals and wheel and off I go. When I rotate my wheel (a T300 Ferrari), the in-game wheel seems to rotate only about 33% (at a guess) compared to the real wheel... consequently making it pretty undrivable. I recalibrated, checked my Thrustmaster settings... I could not get it to work.

I restored my old folder in documents - it works.

I don't know why. It doesn't bother me because it's working now with my original folder, maybe I'm doing something stupid that I set up originally that I've forgotten to set up now. However, I mention it in the off chance there is a weird bug that may affect others and they write off the game.

Cheers.

2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure when you do the wheel calibration that when you are told to hold it at 90 degrees that it number is 1080 or what you have your shell set at under your thrustmaster control panel.

3. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The key thing that I think is not clear from the on-screen wording is that when it prompts the user to hold the wheel at 90 degrees, the wheel should first be returned to centre. So for my T500RS, that is set to 1050 in the Thrustmaster control panel, the in-game calibration process goes:
    1. Start
    2. Rotate to full lock when prompted
    3. Return to centre and then to 90 degrees when prompted to turn to 90 degrees
    4. Save / End / Finish (whatever the button is marked, I am not in front of my rig right now to read it!)
    This results in 1050 being displayed during step 3 (as per Theodore's reply) and the wheel rotation matching the on-screen one in the game.

4. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Thanks for the feedback folks, I'll try this later out of interest.

5. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

Roll it back to centre after full rotation
    Then press next

but hold it at the 90 degrees
    Then press next