1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamepad Support - Analysis, Suggestions, Wishes

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GTAce, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

How come? I found it very helpful in project cars 2. It made a big difference in finding the limit.

2. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

That's funny because I read the same about usability of vibrations already. They are really useless to me. PC3 has finally standard vibrations but the controls are the worst ever.

I use no vibrations for PC1, PC2 and AMS2 because they look like bad joke to me. I didn't get what they should mean. When I start to brake my controller vibrates? Why? It's redundant, I don't need it.

So yes and no. I don't think vibrations are necessary because I don't use them and don't even sound usually and everything's fine.

Very funny are wheel guys then. You can't play without FFB... sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Split Second

I don't have project cars 3 and it has been a long time I played project cars 2. So I could be wrong.
    But I think they also gave you the feeling when you were close to the limit of grip. I always did time trial and I couldn't do it without vibration and I was always spinning. That to me was the most important thing. I should play it again to know how it was.

4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Brake, vibration (w/out relation to braking force)
    Skid, vibration
    + Trottle, guess what..

5. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I don't think so but I am not sure now but asked people around and some were happy. As I remember it, no gas vibrations, strange double brake vibrations and some crash vibrations. Nothing else. It was definitely very bad :D

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Curios,one question: Do you drive with manual gearing?
    Would be hell for me if i had to as a wheel driver.:rolleyes:

7. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Currently usually no because of my transition period. But I played in Forza with clutch but Forza clutch is just button for cooler gameplay. For better handling it should be necessary, I guess.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Split Second

I always played with manual gearing. I had to. Otherwise, I would not be competitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Split Second

I am curious when they look at improvements for the gamepad. And how it will be released here.
    For me, the ideal thing would be if the game came out for xbox series x and playstation 5. Consoles are my habitat.

10. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Exactly, I am worried a bit. But everybody can see how strange sensitivity settings is and it should be possible to fix it. Vibrations could be much harder but they could use PC3 one. I am not sure what version they have but it should be possible to upgrade a bit, I guess.

Consoles are planned but current state is very WIP and consoles are so expensive. Patches are probably problematic and maybe still payed. In the future, consoles are sure thing, I think.

11. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I am just testing AMS1 and the game is still awesome. You can set sensitivity (linearity), which is the most important part and you can set steering rate which is important too. It's completely different tuning. If you have lower sensitivity (impossible in ME), you don't need high speed sensitivity because you can steer it on your own. This would change AMS2 completely so I am waiting for the patch.

12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Does anybody play ACC without steering helper? I played it on Xbox today and I don't like the feeling. But it's pretty strange because you can set almost everything and still it's not good to play. On the other hand I tried PC1 after it and even with crazy sensitivity (ME stuff) it was better to drive there. ACC bothering me for a long time and I don't know what is a problem there. My guess is the physics but then wheelers should have problem too. I am not sure.

AMS2 is just OK because physics looks good and steering is rather sensitive.

13. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Today I tested current AMS2 capabilities and it's like PC2. If you go under 50 with steering sensitivity it starts to create big deadzone and everything else (higher positions) is still not good. I wonder how ME could work because it's so weird and no other game has it.

edit:
    I just did 10 laps on Spa with Mclaren F1 and 50 steering sensitivity. It's not bad at all but it could be better. So I am not sure if it's necessary. But if I take rF2 now it will be like different world. Easy to drive and full of enjoyment and most of it would be probably because of different sensitivity curve.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues New Member AMS2 Club Member

Today's patch has made the game much better for me with a gamepad. It still feels a bit too twitchy on straights, but I can finally take tight corners now. I quickly tested some 5 cars at Interlagos and it's night and day, really. Glad that Reiza finally found the time for this!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I'm playing ACC on PC on the free weekend, Xbox 360 wired controller, manual gears. I'm using the same controller settings I use in other games and it works fine (my settings in the attached screenshot). In car setup screen I increase steering ratio to 17.

Attached Files:

16. ATSS

ATSS Member

So how is the v1.2 update controller wise? Do you need to change controller settings? Or just leave it? + what are the improvements?

17. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Looks good, rather sensitive. What do you think from physics perspective? I am not sure but I don't like the game too much. The cars feel so solid. It's very different from AMS2/rF2. I can play it but I don't like it too much. Still don't know what could it be. I though I have too sensitive steering but I am not sure, you have even more sensitive. Still mystery to me. Recently I played AC again and it was rather great. Not AMS2 level, but good enough.

edit2:
    One small thing. I don't use TC or ABS which is a bit strange for GT3 cars and it could be it too. I will test it soon again. I like games without any vibrations and I had it on for some time and maybe that confused me too.

I don't think there is any change. Tried few cars and felt like old PC2 controls with steering lock improvement. Not bad, not ISIMotor style which I love.

edit:
    No new sliders so I didn't change anything because I thought there is no change.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

GT3 cars in ACC feel kind of heavy and more understeery compared to other sims I've played. It seems that turning into the corner too aggressively doesn't work well in ACC, smooth turning is the way to go, and trail braking seems to help a lot on corner entry.
    Besides adjusting controller setup you also need to check steering ratio in car setup (same goes for PCars1/2), increasing it makes the steering less sensitive and can make cars easier to control.

19. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Thanks. I will try it. My problem was I used gas steering too much. No other game has it. Maybe it's just too high engine brake but I used gas for everything which is not so enjoyable. Need more time with it.

Steering ratio is new to me, I didn't change it at all. Will try too.

After some time I was pretty good at what I needed but I couldn't enjoy it enough and I hope it's not physics but something else.

20. ATSS

ATSS Member

Yeah i now tried the new update. Feels very similar to the last version. Maybe a little bit less twitchy but still.. not perfect.