1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AI Performance Discrepancy Reports (No Discussion)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Barcelona FUG2. AI 100, 20 Lap race.

AI is heavily overfueled for a 20 lap race, possibly this happens in other tracks aswell. Tested at barcelona.

20240401114716_1.jpg

2. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

EDIT: ignore and see new post #173

F Ultimate 2024
    Kansai
    max
    current date
    real weather X 5
    tyre X 3
    fuel X 2
    practice 30 high rubber, qualy 10 def prog, race 15 laps def prog
    (even though this is with the F-Ult 2024, the following is the case with most all of the cars)

very slow in to, the middle and the exit of the the tight left hairpin just after the bridge

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  3. Marnus Zwarts

An observation
    The ai following a player has much more realistic breaking capabilities compared to the player and compared to the ai in front of the player.
    There's some complaints regarding the generally poor breaking ability of the ai, but I believe if a little bit of the magic sauce that they have behind you, can be incorporated in to their normal breaking behaviour it will improve this by a long mile

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marnus Zwarts

Stock 2024 (noticed with other cars as well)
    Cascavel
    max
    real weather current date
    practice 30 high rubber, no qualy race 20m progressive
    tyre X 3
    fuel X 2

AI very slow entering and through T2 (Mergulho). In reality you only need to lift with a good line, but the ai actually break pretty hard.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  5. Kegetys

Kegetys New Member

Formula Vintage Gen2 at Nordschleife Historic 1971, opponent skill level 120%, aggression Max, Green track, 21/05/2022 18:00, two laps.

The AI is very slow here, I'm easily able to overtake all 10 opponents on the first lap where it feels like they are brake testing me into almost every corner. On the second lap I'm 7 seconds faster than the fastest AI without much practice and not very clean lap myself.

Edit: I was driving the Formula Vintage Gen2 Model1 myself with 'Same class' opponents, tried 3 races with similar results.

upload_2024-4-7_20-30-44.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Barcelona modern no chicane- F Ultimate G2 - Soaked track

AI is slightly quicker than the player on Turns 9 and 13 but unreasonably slow in turns 5 and 10. Worth also checking turn 4, AI is slightly slow when side by side.

7. Marnus Zwarts

F12, Fclassic and F10's (pretty much all cars)
    Brands Hatch
    max
    20m
    Partly cloudy
    High rubber
    current temp
    tyres 3x
    fuel 3x

all significantly slower through Westfield and Dingle, but especially through Westfield throughout the race

8. Marnus Zwarts

F12, Fclassic and F10's (pretty much all cars)
    Adelaide classic
    max
    20m
    Partly cloudy
    todays date
    high rubber
    tyres 2x
    fuel 3x

Right hander before brabham straight ai slower compared to rest of track

9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock car 24 at Interlagos. The ai is too slow in the rain. Practice and qualify were both sunny. Race stated in the rain with the standard rain preset. AI was set to 107% high aggression. Full grid. I started last, passed the whole grid and got to first in a lap and half.
    After I had cleared the pack I was five seconds a lap faster than the ai and I am not very fast in the rain at all!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since one of the latest updates, AI tends to do exaggerated divebombs against player before/in hairpins.
    They come from way behind, then go for the inside and ram player's car which is already at the apex of the corner, forcing it to spin very often.

11. Marnus Zwarts

Classic F1's tested specifically, but I can remember other open wheelers as well
    Donnington
    ai too slow, even on 120 and still being beaten

Stock car 2024 ai just right at 105

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  12. Marnus Zwarts

F classic G1
    Brasilia
    ai 110
    max
    20m
    current date
    mild clouds
    high rubber
    tyres 2x
    fuel 2x

Ai particularly slow through Curva da Bruxa (square left hander after the two fast left handers)

13. Marnus Zwarts

EDIT: GT1 tin tops has the same problems, from the middle of the s's right through the tight hairpin, which leads me to believe most car classes will be similar

All formulas
    Kansai
    max
    current date (April 11 2024)
    real weather X 5
    tyre X 3
    fuel X 2
    practice 30 high rubber, qualy 10 def prog, race 15 laps def prog

ai very slow in and through the the tight left hairpin (T11) just after the bridge
    ai good through the first 2 snake s's (left, right) but then they drop significantly through the last 3 s's (left, right and then left)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  14. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if something changed between Feb and current release. I am doing a 50% length season (2x wear, 2x fuel). I have much more tire degradation than AI. I usually must save to get to the end (Kyalami and Buenos Aires, for instance). At Long Beach and Monaco (40 laps) I put a mandatory stop in the rules to level the AI since I knew it was not possible to go to the end. They can at LB (confirmed), and probably at Monaco (I'll test next time I have an hour to do so). At Monaco with a full tank I barely got into lap 20 (probably abused a bit at some point, but not terribly).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

F Vintage Gen 1 @Kyalami 1976, strenght 110%, aggresion Low.

AI slow at the fast left corner just after the end of sector 1. Tried both wet and dry and the behavior is the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Qualifying:
    AI tend to leave pits in close intervals and then often build huge trains.
    Later on, when they do their 2nd or 3rd stint, they regularly get blocked by cars on their inlap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just did a Lancer race at Guapore with real weather. The practice was wet with rain, the quali was dry, the race was wet with rain.

I was 6 seconds faster than the fastest AI in the wet sessions, and I was last of the Lancer RS cars in qualifying. 110 skill, medium aggression.

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Blue flag behaviour:
    AI to be lapped races you like hell on straights and then crawls through corners in front of you and blocks the line. On next straight, they go full blast again instead of letting cars overtake that are a lap ahead.

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. LordSnetterton

LordSnetterton New Member

AI Discrepancy Report: F-Ultimate Gen2 @ Imola (modern), 106% strength, 25% Aggression, Medium Rubber; Championship mode, 50% Distance (32 laps).

I reported this back in January and I want to say it was fixed at some point, but the AI discrepancy is back, probably since the April patch. My time is pretty much the same compared to January, but the AI is now even faster. The AI must be clearly faster everywhere, but in a race, if I had to pick two corners where I find it noticeable, I'd say coming out of Acque Minerali and Variante Alta.

Imola_Quali_Top.jpg Imola_Quali_Bottom.jpg

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When weather changes from dry to wet, AI still is way too fast on slicks on an already soaked track. Whilst player has to fight for grip and must pit quite soon, AI drives like on rails with slicks without losing too much time and can stay out for ages.
    Devs might decrease their grip level a lot in order to have more realistic conditions.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.