1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

An example:
    I actually discovered a pretty badass good game (Angels Fall First), that has a player peak of about 24 people. It's a game, that still receives love from its devs, though and i somewhat hope, it will take off some day (It's even still in EA since 2015, but pretty fleshed out in gameplay already), AI and depth of gameplay is pretty great in this, so Single Player is awesome, but MP is really a nice thing for such a kind of shooter/spaceshooter.

The graphs on playercount for this game are horribly low and still i have no buyers remorse for it at all (like AMS2, too).

Player count should concern, but not make a verdict/closure about the product.^^

Give it time, share and be honest about it's positives and negatives.^^ (Also the development pace it has, which is positive.) AMS2 somewhat relies on customer based marketing ^^'

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

P2P was removed from TT in v1.0.1.0 but I guess the leader board wasn't reset for Stock Cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep that is what it looks like. I hope they dont wipe it as I will lose my time :p I guess at other tracks it might be impossible to beat P2P lap times but luckily I was at Cascavel which doesn't have particularly long straights.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

C'mon, you re-smash hotlaps while being asleep, with your pace! :D
    But it's also a short lap with one of the most bravery demanding first turns in the racing world where top-speed can do quite a bit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Andy-R

Lol I dunno about that, my right knee is stiff, the callus on my left hand is now angry and my armchair is probably about 70% liquid.

I think P2P might have been a once a lap deal as there is only one place where the other guys ghost pulls away (back straight.) The car may even be faster now in general, I haven't been following it's progress in the patch notes.

6. CrimsonEminence

Now you know, how i felt, beating your F-Retro hotlap at Kyalami Historic. :p (And i was also using the LSD, because geared diff is cheating, but way less frustrating, IMO :D)
    They feel a bit more, like they keep their balance more in place after the last update, i have the impression. So could be a faster car now in general, yeah.^^

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Yeah it's a one shot per lap deal and is only available every second lap, although depends on the length of track as it requires around two minutes to charge/become available again after use.
    Takes five seconds to activate after button is pressed and only lasts maybe ten seconds, or thereabouts.

Great fun during a race when battling with someone for a few consecutive laps, becomes quite strategic with an opponent of equal pace.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andy-R

Does anyone know if there is a website with timing info for the Copa Classic cars? Maybe some Brazilian guys know. I'd be interested to see which of the cars are fasest IRL over a spread of races/seasons. Seems like the FWD cars are probably slower and harder to drive on the limit in game, just wondering if they ever manage to win races IRL.

9. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Andy-R It's hard for the FWD cars to get good times on the way to the supermarket. ;)

10. Andy-R

It would be nice to have them competitive if they are IRL, I love a good FWD RWD battle, even if lap times are identical they have different advantages over a lap which makes for great racing!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Need more FWD cars, for sure. South-Americans, UK, Aussie. Preferably UK BRSCC FWD, but South-American will do also. Too bad people do not like playing the Copa's and such online, but I think once we have Championship mode it can make people playing them.

Another option is to have Championships & Career. Championship where you can pick every car you want, and Career for some progression. Starting from Karts, Copa's, Caterham Academy and F-trainer then work your way up to F1 or Stockcar or so. With some invitationals like Copa Truck, Stock Opala, etc.

An ideal way to make people play cars and tracks they would never do and make them surprise!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I'm not 100% sure Copa Classic is in there somewhere but that is the only source coming to my mind right now:
    Race Results

Edit: If you search above website for "Copa" then this comes up:
    Race Results

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andy-R

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Micropitt

15. Micropitt

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andy-R

Yep, shame it only goes back to 2017 and seems a little light on tracks but I found some of what I was looking for. I would have liked to see lap times for the Puma GTE or Chevette but it is still useful. Shows the FWD class B Copa Classic cars are too slow in game, at Taruma anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

So took a short break from ams 2 after release for other reasons. Came back to the game and although the driving has come along i still see unfinished interiors and animations on stock content. Wouldn’t be so concerned but I’m seeing news on new dlc just around the corner. I really hope and am a bit disappointed that the stock content is still in the shape its in. I’m cool with resources being focused on the driving aspects first but showing signs of moving onto new content without the original not being finished is a disappointment. I checked the FAQs but see nothing noted on this but could have missed an update during my break. Can we can an update on this?

Just to highlight some of my points:
    -gauges not fully functional in cars
    -driving animations not correct (feet and pedals in wrong placement
    -shifting animations
    Truthfully i prefer to turn off the driver body in cockpit for VR but i need the steering wheel! :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, lots of these details still to be polished. Reiza typically does this in conjunction with other updates for a series, as they can get to them. I expect a huge swath will be corrected by the end-of-August update (as opposed to the next update arriving on Tuesday). Small team with stretched resources...get used to it. I am much more impatient with Codemasters or other large publishers (SMS before they got absorbed into Codies) that have 10 or 20 times the resources, but still can't manage to patch things. Reiza is a bit slow, but you can have zero concern that all the loose ends will get patched.

19. Lukas Ranicar

Lukas Ranicar New Member

I don't think Reiza is a bit slow. Compared to other Dev's they are rapid! I have been very happy with the update frequency and each one has made a solid step forward. The communication and engagement from the team to community is also top notch. Its very refreshing and more than I expected. Thanks Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Right, so I bought the base game, with no DLC, at the weekend. I've been watching a lot and commenting, but thought I should check it out if I want to comment further. I'm potentially a customer of any of the DLC tracks and content that will help me to:

a) create a semi-fictional modern GT championship with custom calendar and opponents
    b) recreate a semi-realistic field of classic (<1990) motorsport, preferably sports- and touring-cars but also single seaters

...so the Spa, Nurburgring and other track packs are of interest, but I'm holding off on buying any DLC (including Silverstone) until I know a bit more about the content of the Season Pass, whether it offers me any value and how the game will turn out.

I'm primarily an offline player, so the stated AI improvements that the last blog mentioned are crucial to me, as is continuing development in this area.

Anyway, below is a previous discussion of my concern for the title, but please don't think I'm being negative, I'm really excited to see what the future holds and enjoying reading each month's blog.

---

My biggest concern with the future of the title is that there's a definite sense of trying to do too much with the scope of the title - apparently a day or two from release of Silverstone and very little of the 1975, 1991 or 2001 versions of the track have been seen (I wrote this before seeing the 1991 version, which looks great).

Likewise, the number of car classes being promised seems sprawling and, whilst I admire what Reiza pulling together in terms of historic content (without an F1 licence they're doing superb here, creating generic cars with multiple versions) and the Brazilian scene, the recent blogs reference GT3s, GT4s, BMW M1s, early 90s DTM, BTCC, mid-90s F1, early- and mid-70s F1, 60s and 70s touring cars, DLC pass hints at off-road vehicles, maybe oval content, 90s Champcars and multiple more GP eras (guessing early 80s Brabhams at least).

This is on top of karts, multiple F1 eras, proto-stock cars, many one-make club series and open wheel formats, V8 touring cars, multiple classes of prototype, trucks and more in the base game.

The obvious adage is 'jack of all trades, master of none', which could be levelled at many aspects of the game, including sounds, AI (driving differently to the player, unable to race multiclass, can't cope with the weather options and have no personality), single-player options (bare bones championship mode added soon), multiplayer stability and rankings.

As I'm primarily an offline player, the game's AI seems lacking compared to Raceroom, rF2 and ACC which makes me worry whatever content is produced may have limited use. I note that some of these are addressed in the latest blogs.

---

None of the above is meant as an 'attack', just stating my concern - the team seem a superb bunch and are really passionate about what they're doing and seem to be making a solid game (I loved the first AMS), but so far the best sales pitch for the game to me is that it looks like it may be what I wanted PCARS3 to be!

Keep up the excellent comms (although Steam store page needs an update, I'm still not sure what tracks/cars are in each version or if the season pass is 3, 5 or more 'expansions') and monthly blogs are a great read, so I'm looking forward to following its development.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, looking forward to the latest update! Now sell me that DLC Reiza!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1