1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion - Nelson Piquet [Keep it civilized!]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GearNazi, Jul 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Yes... and giraffes are dying burned there.

You are misinformed or just lying:

Quoting Piquet:

"the term that I used is that that was historically and widely spoken in the Portuguese language as a synonymous of "dude" or "people" and I had never the intention to offend. I would never use the word that I was accused to do in some translations".

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Piquet Sr did send out a PR apology statement though where he does say the word was ill-chosen (as you linked above), which is another way of saying that the words should've been chosen more carefully, so in that sense, Gagaryn is correct. Gagaryn's wording doesn't imply Piquet admitted guilt. Piquet didn't say he used a racist word as we've been discussing, but that the translations weren't correct. English statement translation below.
    Piquet apologises for Hamilton comment, claims no racial intent

upload_2022-7-14_16-21-34.png

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jugulador

Gagaryn took away from context, indicating in that Piquet was apologizing because have used the wrong word, not because he was misinterpreted even using an acceptable one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Only in your imagination. I didn't say he apologized for anything other than not choosing his words more carefully. I was referring to the quote that Shriukan helpfully linked to. I wasn't referring to anything out of context. My post is just a summary of what he said.

EDIT - To be clear as this seems difficult for people to understand. I don't think Piquet had racist intent behind his words. I also don't think he believes anyone is really taking it up the ass despite his using those words too. I just think he said some stupid stuff and should try to be less of a prick the next time. From the apology above, I think he feels the same.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  5. Jugulador

You said as he admitted that the use of the word was wrong, but he didn't. He apologized more as a cordiality (and to avoid negative media), but made it clear that the fault was the wrong translation that some people did, not his chosen words..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Jugulador. Gagaryn explained himself. You’re now putting words in his mouth. Mate. Come on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gagaryn

You should read what I said again. It’s really not as complicated as you are making it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Jugulador

Quoting you:
    No... it's not about "choosing his words" and I dare you to find that in the text.

He apologized for things that were not his responsibility, as the "wrong translations" and for "Lewis being offended" (by the wrong translations, not by what Piquet REALLY said).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Gagaryn

FFS! Saying that what he said was ill thought out is analogous with choosing the wrong words.
    One paraphrases the other.
    I've already been perfectly clear that I understand that the rest of the media stuff is due to mistranslation.

Now I'm out. Talking to you is like talking to a wall.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think, everyone has made their point clear, i asked you to keep it calm. This topic doesn't work on this platform obviously without fighting. Thread is closed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.