1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion Track Tool from ohyeah2389

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding, 3rd Party Apps & Tools' started by immortalx, Aug 14, 2026.

  1. immortalx

    immortalx Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2026
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    34
    I just did a 40km circuit of street roads and the game seems to handle it fine. Although there's only roads and terrain for the time being, without any foliage or other objects.
    The track tools also perform surprisingly fast considering the size of the data!
    I think I got the hang of it for the most part and I'll make sure to share whatever quirks I discover.
     
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Seb02

    Seb02 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2022
    Messages:
    616
    Likes Received:
    290
    Kudos to you. AMS2 is lacking street circuits...
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Marg

    Marg Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2021
    Messages:
    163
    Likes Received:
    65
    I second that!
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Flavio Engel

    Flavio Engel Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2021
    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    31
    Great tool, could use it together with Codex, ... still takes around 10-15 iterations, and a decent amount of tokens... but still. Amazing...
     
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Gonky Racing

    Gonky Racing Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2026
    Messages:
    51
    Likes Received:
    12
    Do you know what the current limit is for track lights in AMS2, 128?? Is there a maximum number of lights that an SGX/Lights file can contain, or is the limitation mainly related to performance?
    I'm working on a large oval circuit and I'm wondering how many lights I can safely add.

    A golden era of AMS2 mods is coming...
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2026
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. KRRTDustin

    KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2020
    Messages:
    370
    Likes Received:
    1,114
    Good question since I´m also working on a Track that also needs a lot of light since it´s most known for Night Racing since 2014! ;)
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. jota.191

    jota.191 Proton-Powered Sim Racer AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2022
    Messages:
    666
    Likes Received:
    409
    Does the national flag feature a large red field on the right separared from a white vertical band on the left by five triangles forming a serrated line?
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. KRRTDustin

    KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2020
    Messages:
    370
    Likes Received:
    1,114
    As Renato would say: :whistle::whistle::whistle:
     
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. GFoyle

    GFoyle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2023
    Messages:
    973
    Likes Received:
    340
    Can't wait for these mod tracks projects!. I wouldn't mind to see some great fictional ones too!

    One thing I hope is that the tracks would have enough surface detail / texture, even if it would be faked and baked in (those details change from year to year IRL, so IMO it's fine to just aritifically generate it) . The lack of any texture kills immersion and makes the FFB feel dead (PMR has a clear issue with this, on some tracks, especially the unlicenced ones there is way too much of lack of small details/texture on the surface)

    ps. Might be just better to share the info on whatever track you might be working at, would suck if some end working on the same track when there is so many different tracks in the world to chose from
     
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2026 at 10:45 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  10. KRRTDustin

    KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2020
    Messages:
    370
    Likes Received:
    1,114
    I think I pretty much confirmed on which track I´m working on :D
    Our Team is working on another F1 Track but it is not up to me to tell which one it is. But we want to tease it soon.
    What I want to achieve is the same quality as we have with our Skinpacks. We want our Tracks to feel and look like Reiza tracks. And so far I think we achieved some very good progress.

    AMS2 is about to change and the Community has no idea yet! :)
     
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GFoyle

    GFoyle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2023
    Messages:
    973
    Likes Received:
    340
    Well the night and lights could have been Qatar or Singapore as well ... it was just the flag that gave it a away.

    But yeah, I'm all in for tracks F1 races or used to race in (and those tend to fit for other classes quite well too). I started with the F1 games and kinda have been missing some of the tracks I used to race on those (somebody please do Jeddah, the flow is just amazing with the F1 cars).

    I hope the modding support also brings a lot more historical tracks and track versions that Reiza might not ever do.
     
  12. F_B

    F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    973
    I'm really curious to see how track modding will develop in AMS2 and, above all, whether it will match the quality of Reiza's original tracks. I used to play AC a lot and was a big fan of various mods (cars and tracks) there, but there were sometimes significant differences in quality. I never would have thought that track modding would ever happen in AMS2. I think it’s a great development. After all, if I had to criticize AMS2 for anything, it would be its rather small track roster.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  13. VirusGR42

    VirusGR42 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2021
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    14
    Me too. Personally I don't have an issue with the quality since I don't really know how much a person has experience with the sim, the modelling program and general track making. You can't expect someone to make something great straight away, there will be mishaps and quality issues. But where I draw the line is with those, who just rip content from one sim and put it in here just to be the first, to get the most downloads and likes and do the bare minimum or even absolutely nothing in terms of actually improving the track and bringing it to a decent standard. And then they lock it behind paywalls, software or a combination of both! That is a great shame since it is what has put me off from AC and I wouldn't want it to happen to any other sim.

    Anyhow let's not get too off track from here as this is just a thread for the tools rather than a thread for nagging
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. immortalx

    immortalx Member

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2026
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    34
    In AMS2's case it's kind of an unfair challenge trying to match the quality of the official tracks. We don't have access to the studio's internal tools, debugging processes, what all the available shaders do, how some assets are supposed to be authored (e.g. there are some specialty UV maps which I don't have a clue what they're used for), some file formats used aren't (or are partially) reverse engineered, various aspects of the engine are still a mystery, and so on. On top of that, most people doing tracks are either a single person or a very small team, usually doing it for free on their spare time.
    So I guess it just needs more time until tools are further developed and good practices become common knowledge, to get some good quality tracks.
     
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. KRRTDustin

    KRRTDustin Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2020
    Messages:
    370
    Likes Received:
    1,114
    They way I do it, I found several 3D Files of tracks out of AC. If they are good enough I will use them as a sort of template for bumps and overal elevation. But I 3D Model everything myself. I want my tracks to be called mine. And I want to achieve the best possible quality. I know I won´t be able to get every bump or so right. But I still want to be as realistic as possible. I have high standards for myself there. And I´m already planning at least 2 other tracks but first I need to complete the first one, current plan is to bring a first beta version to the public around Christmas.
     
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Marius H

    Marius H Forum moderator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2016
    Messages:
    7,662
    Likes Received:
    4,286
    I moved a couple of posts to this topic as a General Discussion topic about Ohyeah's Track Tool. You can post replies here that aren't directed to Ohyeah, so feel free to discuss. Thank you.

    One rule: Don't mention or talk about conversions/converted tracks from other simulations. Ohyeah's approach with his tool is that you're able to create tracks from scratch. From nada, noppes, zero to something that required sweat, blood, and tears.
    Edit: There will be consequences if you fail to obey this rule.
    Edit2: Nor is this a track request-topic.
     
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2026 at 11:28 PM
    • Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. F_B

    F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2016
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    973
    Since you mentioned AC and probably enjoyed using mods there, you're likely familiar with LilSki. He once uploaded a few videos to YouTube showing his workflow—definitely a goldmine for newcomers to track modding.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

Share This Page