1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generally able to fix old bug in the engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by falkeGT, Apr 15, 2020.

1. falkeGT

falkeGT New Member

HI Reiza guys,

got AMS2 on the weekend and have just tested a few hours. Mainly 125cc on the italian kart track. Some F3 in Imola. Love it I have to say! The 125cc feels pretty good and was fun to drive! I mainly race iPayalot which has bad engine sounds and I love the 125cc idle RPM just sitting there listening - great!

I bough pcars one years ago and have not been happy with a heavy load of bugs which never have been fixed. The forum tghey had was zero help, I did not buy pcars2 because of that.

But I have a great experience with AMS1 and you!

I'm curious and my question is, did you get the whole code in your dev environment and are able to fix deeper things in their code? Is there help from sms development or or do you have to dig in on your own which might make it hard to get to the right lines fast? Will you longterm support this and build it up?

cheers falke

ps.: ah did want to change the title cant get to it anymore now. Just curious. My company took over a very established known product some months ago. Planned release is long due. It all sounds so easy at the beginning until you start digging ;-)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. falkeGT

falkeGT New Member

Been digging through your forum a little more, the post above seems a little 2fast2curious.
    Seen the FAQ from Renato where he says you plan a longterm support over years. That sounds like the time the SMS engine really needs to show what sms promised some years ago ;) kidding ... A little ;)
    Really sounds promising, looking forward.

cheers falke

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. falkeGT

falkeGT New Member

Guys,
    it's quite disappointing. Enthusiasm has gone. This feels like project cars with all glitchy bugs still arround.
    Hope you will make a deal with a better engine developer in the future.
    cheers

• Agree Agree x 1