Ghost Time and Record not showing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by cooperlegend, Feb 19, 2024.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just to be sure then check the security settings for the ghost folder and the files in it.

folders files security.png

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, as first step i'd recommend to check if you have any write locks applied to the Automobilista 2 folder in your Windows Documents folder.

The suggestion above is correct aswell!

3. cooperlegend

cooperlegend New Member

Nope the Document folder is Full Control

As an experiment I just deleted the Automobilista 2 folder in Documents and started the Game again, still no world records shown...

Attached Files:

4. BrunoB

Just to be sure then check security on one of the latest saved .ghostsave files.
    If nobody shows up saying I have also this issue then it has to be something in your system.
    The times I have got the same empty LBs as you it has been related to missing or interupted connection. Often it was because Steam just brutally cut the connection because they want to upd Steam itself.

5. cooperlegend

cooperlegend New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, But even if I don't have any times recorded by myself (i.e. Fresh install) I should still be able to view the World Record times ? As you can see from the picture of the Mini at Brands Hatch, I know that there are plenty of World Record times for this combination :)
    Also my internet connection is fine, I do regular online races

As I said before, I just did a fresh install and deleted the folder in "Documents" and it still didn't show any World Record times.

Are there Registry entries ?

What else could it be ?

I do agree, it MUST be something on my PC, But what ?

6. BrunoB

Good question. But I think no.
    Thats the reason I think the saved files are not the records that is displayed.
    As I said they are saved when you set the laptime. But probably not used afterwards.
    But nobody except Reiza does know.
    The times I was refering to with interupted connection the LB lists was empty like your pic.

7. cooperlegend

cooperlegend New Member

OK, But I still don't get any record shown even if I have completed laps (which are varied by files in the Records and Ghosts folders)
    I wish one of the developers would read this and help. I feel we are just going around in circles here.

8. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Two devs already read and replied. Devs offer support alongside their other duties and while it is frustrating having to wait to resolve an issue some patience is required if you need direct intervention from us as support is not our only task.

With that out of the way and after a little testing of my own the only reasonable explanation is that Steam is likely in offline mode. TT requires Steam to be in online mode to fetch and submit times.

9. cooperlegend

cooperlegend New Member

Thanks, but that is not the case, I checked and Steam is definitely online, it updates whenever I start up. I also re-installed Steam (just in case) . I also clear Steam's cache (just in case)

I installed the game on my laptop and it all worked fine, so I compared the documents folder and registry entries and could not see any differences

I have tried checking the firewall settings, no difference, I even tried with the firewall off, no change
    I thank the developers for their time, but it is also in their interest to help me find out what has gone wrong as I am sure other people will have this issue and maybe not even know they have...