1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU doesn't meet recommended..

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dong Woo Kang, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Dong Woo Kang

Dong Woo Kang New Member

Hi, Reiza community!!

I have been very interested in AMS 2 since it first came out, but according to PC game benchmark, my GPU (Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB) doesn't meet the recommended requirements... My processor is an i7-3770 and I have the required 16GB RAM installed.

So... I wanted to ask roughly how the sim will perform on my PC with my current components or anything with similar performance. I have a few other sim titles, AC, Project Cars 2 and Rfactor 2, AC and PC2 work nicely, but Rfactor 2 graphics have to be tuned down a lot to avoid crazy stuttering.
    In terms of framerates, they all average at least 100FPS with at least 14 AI in singleplayer races. That is without crazy amounts of fancy looking graphics, just moderate enough to have a good racing experience with great visibility, with shadows set to low or off.

I've taken a look at available upgrades, but they're all pretty damn expensive for my standards, which saddens me a bit!! AMS 2 has a lovely choice of generic 90s Formula One cars that I'm dying to try out in wet weather!!

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

AMS 2 basically runs like Project Cars 2 does, it is the same engine after all, with the same parameters in the background - so if you were able to play pc2 at an enjoyable level, AMS 2 should be no different.

PS: Worst case you can always refund games on Steam within 14 days of purchase if you're below 2 hours playtime.

3. OlaN

OlaN Member

It will work quite well with that GPU, I had it before upgrading to GTX1660 super.
    Got 60-70 FPS by lowering mirror and shadow quality and grass, fog etc.also set on low.
    Now I get always above 110.

4. Dong Woo Kang

Dong Woo Kang New Member

Thanks for letting me know!! I didn't know they used the same engine until now.

5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I had i5 and p400 cuadro for months, 1600x900 40 fps... (limited to 10 cars, medium , and low...)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020