1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the game engine been decided for the next game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GodzillaGTR, Sep 2, 2017.

1. bmanic

bmanic New Member

AMS is indeed ridiculously good. My next computer upgrade will allow me to run VR so I think whatever engine is chosen should be future proof and allow all the VR systems in the world (and awesome weather too).

Physics at this moment are already top notch but could of course be even better I'm sure. Anyhow, whatever the next iteration it is Reiza will have my money for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero AUTOMOBILISTA Unofficial staff

@SaxOhare Of course we agree with you!, PC is a great game , BUT Automobilista is a GREAT SIM :D. Happy christmas gentlemen!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Escudero

Daniel Escudero AUTOMOBILISTA Unofficial staff

Yep but with ams we have dx9, and nice graphics , for me sometimes better than rf2 ones. And someones as me think that they evolve dx so soon before the sims using all its potential (business inside). Only my, and some others (minority) , opinion. :p Happy christmas racers!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Member

Well, AMS 1.5 is almost there!! the bigbrand will arrive early of 2018 and Reiza climbed some steps with your own engine.

Sure I am not the only one who is anxious to know more about AMS2, Reiza2017(8) or ReizaSoon. I bet that new modern graphics engine would be the most expected for everybody, included me :)

But there are others features also important for AMS2 be born at same level of AC, Iracing, rf2 and Pcars2.

My list of basic features are:
    - 64bits
    - Ease way to reconnect at server, benchmark is iracing. Endurance lovers will love it.
    - Ease way to use personal skin in any server, public or not. Again Iracing is the benchmark.
    - Unique Driver Rating system getting results of ALL online races.
    - Real live track
    - Rain - even with rudimentary graphics but nice physics
    - Simulate Transmission model.
    - Tire Flexbility

This would be my list of priority for ams2.

5. roby13

roby13 Active Member

I could bet they're gonna use rf2 graphics engine. That's why they keep developing ams. They're waiting till it's ready :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Active Member

64bits is a must!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Spin

Spin Member

I just hope Reiza are not putting all/most of their efforts into graphics when it comes to their next game.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Active Member

There, I fixed it for you. :p ;)

That should insure that it's a well-rounded and polished title, one much like AMS is but, with graphic enhancement's and VR-support. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spin

Spin Member

Still needs to advance, not just graphics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Active Member

Sure, along with every other title out there but, there are always limitations for various reasons and I feel Reiza has done very well with what they've had to work with, so I suspect they will continue to do so with their next title.

Of course, it's only natural that the community will nudge them in various ways in the process. :)

11. Spin

Spin Member

Agreed that there are always limitations but those limitations can be greatly expanded now that Reiza has the rights to fully edit ISI's physics engine (pMotor). There are still pMotor limitations which have existed since the 1990s that have still not been rectified, or hardly rectified, to this day, 20 years later.