1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Does AMS2 drivers really want to race online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, Feb 26, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Interesting idea :)
    For this to work I would need to create more sophisticated schedule calendar. Currently RCO shows you the nearest scheduled race and info about race frequency only, without such calendar it could be difficult to plan my races - when next F3 will be?

On the other hand, and i think that's your angle here, drivers who can race only once per day at fixed hour would be able to experience all racing series.

Wicked idea :D it requires better ui, I will add it to the backlog.

Thanks ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

For me best solution would be all race every hour.
    Because for me RCO is a tool for async mp.
    I really don't care, if there are other humans or just ai racing with me.
    I just Look at my watch, see that there are 5 minutes to any full hour and can register to P4, because it's running on hourly basis.
    So I don't need to be committed to anybody/anything/anytime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. roszman

Do you care if it's one specific race serie every hour, like P4, or do you just care that there is something to race with every hour, for example different Rookie series every hour?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Specific, cause I don't like F3, Vee for example.
    If there was the F-Inter available in rookie, I would only drive this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. roszman

I am not sure about math behind weighted points, let me know in case of weird results.

Edit
    Also your Pace will start to move. Previously Pace calculation was disabled for races with AI, now it's enabled.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

And what if we make part of the races - at the choice by @roszman, and for the rest - make a vote through drop-down lists on a separate page of the site?
    In one there will be tracks, in the other - cars. Users will choose 2-5 combinations, thus determining preferences for schedule setups for week or month.
    What do you think, guys?

• Like Like x 1
  7. roszman

Cool idea, but it would require additional development, I would need to prepare additional page with dropdown list, etc.
    Also are we sure that majority is always right? There would be a big chance that we'll end up with gt3@monza for the whole year :D

Formula inter sounds like a plan, and eventually it will end up in RCO, be patient.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. roszman

Maybe some of you would like to create google sheet or something with cars which are suitable for Rookie, Bronze, etc
    The same with the tracks, taking in to consideration season of the year, tracks for winter, spring, summer, attumn (keeping in mind that RCO is using todays date as a race date.
    Then we would vote on race series for each racing license, etc.

I will get if no one would like to do this :D and eventually I will prepare something like this. But with your help it would be much faster.

Edit
    It doesnt need to be finished, if you have an idea for good track and car combo. Then create google sheet or smth and share it here, then we can work on that togheter ;)

If someone is willing to start this, then let us know here, so we'll not end up with multiple spreadsheets ;)

Edit 2
    @Jodurson don't get me wrong, I am all for community driven car&track combos, but let's start small with spreadsheet of some sort, if everyone will like it then I will implement such voting mechanism on the RCO website. WDYT?

9. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny, I just made a list right before you posted this! This is mostly based on how difficult cars are to drive cleanly and how likely they are to be damaged by contact (open wheelers are very delicate). Here's what I thought:

Rookie
    Ginetta G40 Cup
    GT5
    Lancer (pick one)
    Mini JCW
    P4
    GT4
    86 Stock Car
    Formula Inter (should be higher as an open-wheeler, but put it in rookies for the sake of variety)

Bronze
    Aussie Racing Camaro
    Caterham Academy/Supersport
    P3
    GT3
    Ginetta GT4 Supercup
    Omega Stock
    2019-22 Stock
    Copa Montana
    Sprint Race
    Copa Fusca
    Copa Uno

Silver
    Formula Vee
    Formula Trainers
    Caterham Superlight
    P2
    P1
    DPI
    GTE
    GT Open
    Carrera Cup
    Old Stock
    Super V8
    Copa Classic B
    Hot Cars
    Group A
    GT Classics
    M1 Procar
    Formula 3
    Formula retro
    Formula V12
    Formula USA

Higher
    Group C
    GT1
    Formula Vintage
    Formula Classic
    Formula V10
    Formula Reiza
    Formula Ultimate 1&2

Not used or I don't know
    Caterham 620R, Street, TSI, Hypercars, Supercars (street cars, not racecars)
    79 Stock Car (86 is a straight upgrade and no more difficult to drive)
    Copa Classic FL (Puma GTE is too OP in this class - perhaps you could have a single-car series from this class)
    Vintage Touring 1&2 (same problem, you would have to choose a single car)
    Copa Truck (lol)
    Karts (I don't know)

Edit: I'll try to put this on a google sheet. Or would a poll be better? I don't know exactly how you want to structure it.
    RCO classes

• Like Like x 2
  10. roszman

That's awesome :D

Guys please take a look at this spreadsheet, put a comment there if you dont agree with some entries, or add new entries if you have some nice ideas.

Then we'll create a survey to select few cars for each racing license and bam we're good to go ;)

Edit
    Remember that we can rotate our car selection every season, nothing must be set in stone ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Coldsalmon

What's the impact of retiring? The new tracks are up, and the AI is way way faster than I am - I finished about 24 seconds behind 10th place in my first P4 race. If I just do a couple of laps in last place, and I don't feel like hotlapping for 20 minutes, can I just retire and get a better AI adjustment for the next race? I know it will kill my safety rating if I had an incident, but assume that I've been clean the whole time.

12. rickard64

rickard64 New Member

Havnt had the time to read trough all replies in this thread so sorry if somebody already mentioned this:

Shouldnt be so hard to have reiza hosted dedicated servers for each region and a few diffrent classes and safety ratings starting every hour.

Statistics are already in place in the dedicated server softare. Or at least The basics which could be expanded more if needed.
    Have theese stats report to a webbserver for Leagues and so on. Quite similar to iracing (why invent the wheel again?)

Im a casual racer with small children and this of system would work for me

• Like Like x 1
  13. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I think I've added some, exceptionally brief, comments to the spreadsheet.

Essentially - The Caterham Academy and Formula Trainers are exactly that, rookie training vehicles. Surely they would make more sense in the rookie category than the Formula Inter, or at least be in there too? The Caterhams would fit nicely across Rookie, Silver, Gold and 'Higher/|Alien' from Academy up to 620R.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Coldsalmon

My thinking was that the Caterham Academy and Formula Trainers are very delicate cars that require skill and finesse to drive well. They are meant to teach car control and good habits IRL - but this makes them difficult to drive in the sim compared to some of the other cars. It depends on what you want from a rookie series. I tried to pick cars that would make it easiest for a new player to actually finish a whole race without crashing (or after crashing). In the Caterham or Formula Trainer you will definitely crash if you have bad habits, and a crash will kill your suspension, ending your race. But in the Lancer or the Mini you can get away with more nonsense.

Again, that was just what I was thinking - I'm not trying to argue or say that I'm correct. Maybe Caterham Academy and Formula Trainers are best in rookies. An open-wheel is probably needed in rookies because some people only like open wheelers - I put Formula Inter in there but the Formula Trainers would also work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It sounds like RCO would work for you. Yes it would be great if Reiza would implement something like this but at the moment it sounds like they have other priorities.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I agree about the Caterhams @Coldsalmon . If you don't know how to drive them, they can be quite off putting for rookies.

I'm not a huge fan of GT3 racing, but I do think some GT4s in the Rookie class would entice new comers to the system.

• Like Like x 1
  17. roszman

Impact of retiring: 0 points, Safety rating hit (in case of accidents), Pace hit.

You can also use this 20 minut as a training for your next race. From my experience AI skill doesn't differs much from track to track, so your current AI should be well matched. But I can be wrong here.
    Do you know new track so well as previous one?

I wonder if you've just found a exploit. So in theory you could do a very slow race, then AI will adjust to you, and then you can easly win next race. It would work only one time and AI with lower skill will give you less points for your victory, but still.

Need to think aobut it, thx ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Formula Inter has to be in rookies.
    It is very very easy to drive.
    It has fast enough accel to make lots of fun, powerful brakes and lots of aero, so cornering is also easy.
    Everybody can drive this car.

• Like Like x 1
  19. roszman

Hey, I am not sure if I get your questions, sorry I am not native English speaker.

So you are asking if it's hard for Reiza to host iRacing like service? I don't know, I can't answer that question.

Or you are asking why I am building something similar to iRacing? I don't like iRacing pricing model and I wanted to build something similar to iRacing but free and for all sims.

I'm also casual racer with small children and I hope that this kind of system would work for me ;)

20. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Most of us sim racers are in the same boat.
    Fulltime job, kid(s), wife.
    So scheduled races several times a day without having to be committed to a league with unflexible schedule is the (only) way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2