1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Does AMS2 drivers really want to race online?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roszman, Feb 26, 2023.

1. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

Who said that I want to stop on AMS2?

• Like Like x 1
  2. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

3. roszman

RCO already supports AC and ACC, maybe other sims in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@roszman
    There seems to be a bug:
    - registered for Copa Classic B
    - unregistered for Copa Classic B
    - registered for P4 Cup
    - everything looked fine
    - but server for Copa Classic B instead for P4 Cup :confused:

5. roszman

P4 should also be there. Copa server started since you've registered to copa previously - i will optimize it in the future

• Like Like x 1
  6. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

@roszman
    What do you think about using fix ai strength instead of adaptive?

1st: Because racing against adaptive ai could finally promote me to alien tier.:D
    But my racecraft should finally promote me to silver or gold (if I am really committed), never into a higher tier.:rolleyes:

2nd: being promoted to a higher tier means real progress, not only time spended and be promoted automatically without real racing skills.:)

3rd: You can compare yourself to other RCO users. A platinum or alien guy ist f*cking way more faster than you and really has race skills.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. roszman

We already discuss this few pages before ;)

Racing licenses doesnt work like that:
    www.racecraft.online/faq#RacingLicensePromotion
    There are no Platinum race series in RCO, so you cant be promoted to Alien currently :p

8. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Just complete 5 races and you are promoted...
    No skill required.:confused:
    Adaptive ai will make that possible.

9. roszman

If you say so

10. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Hope you are right and I am wrong.

11. roszman

Please read previous posts in this thread, we've already discussed it, there are a lot of ideas which target your concerns.
    It will be good , dont worry.

Its not about who is right or wrong, its about who have fun ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

All posts already read.
    Just wanted to give my 2 cents about possible advantages of fixed ai.
    Will use RCO for personal-asynchronous-mp-championship-single-player-career-mode-substitution-solution.:p

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. roszman

Cool, sorry for being unfriendly, I am tired today, just a human after all ;)

Thank you for your feedback, despite my unfriendly stance, all comments are welcome and useful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. roszman

In order to be promoted, you need to race in faster series with more demanding cars, the higher the license the faster the series, if you have skill to drive faster cars then why you shouldnt be promoted?
    There were ideas to make more difficult weather in higher series, to promote only when you get enough points in championships, etc. Everything is there in previous comments ;)

I will try to cook something fun for us ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

My worry is that adaptive ai makes it possible that I can finish midfield even in Formula Ultra (I don't like too fast cars, I like middle classes like P3 or 2), because adaptive ai would be set to 80 all the time.:D

But I am confident that you will find a way that only drivers with skills will reach to top tiers. Otherwise the real fast people will race against me slightly below average driver.:D

But finally there is a reason for me firing up AMS2 again. Thanks for developing RCO.:)
    I really like the UI of the Website, looks really good and modern.

• Like Like x 2
  16. roszman

That's a good point.
    But if you can handle F1 in rain with Safety and Consistency at 95, why shouldnt you have higher license? That's the beauty of sim racing.
    Otherwise there would only 20 F1 drivers in RCO :D

Thanks for nice feedback ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've done a couple of races now @roszman .

Really nice system that seems to work well! I like all the stats and race result history etc.

I only had a couple of people to race with, the rest AI. Hopefully it gets more popular and eventually can have full human player grids. Will keep using the system!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm rethinking what I said earlier about multiplayer being primary and AI racing being secondary. I think it's better to say that multiplayer is long-term and AI racing is short-term. If you look at the reason why people are using the service right now, it's because of the upgrade from single-player AI races: the automated standings, ratings, data, and adaptive AI. This is what is gaining players for the service right now. So, maybe it makes sense to focus on "asynchronous multiplayer," since it's driving users to the site - this will eventually give you enough users to make synchronous multiplayer a focus.

Here's a race I did recently in Copa Classics B. It was a 20-minute battle for 3rd place, and was definitely the best race I've ever had (so far).

It seems like the sentiment is that the adaptive AI makes for very good individual races, but interferes with the competitive asynchronous multiplayer standings. How you solve this is up to you as the designer, but I share the sentiment.

Question: Is it possible to add the AI's level of strength to their name, and show it in the racing data, so we can see our progress more tangibly? You said before that you could weight the points based on the strength of the AI. I think this would work well as long as the player knows what AI level they are racing against, so that we can see tangible progression. So maybe in race 1 I am racing against Angelo Venutti (92) in position 3 - but as I improve, Angelo Venutti (92) will be in position 8, and there will be new opponents at the front of the grid, and a stronger opponent will be in position 3, such as Tomas Wilhelmina (98). So the adaptive AI experience is still the same as it is now, but I get to see that I'm improving because my opponents are getting stronger.
    As always, please feel free to reject my suggestions and just pay attention to my sentiments :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. roszman

I was there with you, I am Witek Nikodej (my stage name ;P )
    It was really fun :D I knew that you will catch me after that incident, but I think AI blocked you for a while.

Thanks for nice feedback.
    I will improve/add more stats. I think RCO have a bug with gap calculation - need to look in to that.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh, nice to race with you!

I made a stupid mistake on lap 2 and you're right I got a bit blocked by the AI. All good fun though.

• Like Like x 2