Help setting a dedicated server (host remoting not in my pc)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Vitor Costa, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For a second instance to appear you have to increment all 4 ports on the Multiplayer.ini file of the second server.
    If you don't, it will try to use the same port from server 1 and it will gett messy (prob. won't show any of the servers!).

If you guys want, put your Multiplayer.ini files here and i will try on my server to see if it's something related to this file per si.

2. Jempy

Jempy Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks in advance for your kind help, Erick ;)

Here's first a screenshot of the opened ports on the remote server for Automobilista:

[​IMG]

And the Multiplayer.ini file ( I just replaced our admin password with Deleted :D ).

Maybe remains what to introduce in the player.PLR file if necessary .... ???

I don't really know what might miss or done wrong for this server not to show in the server list.
    Maybe you'll find out ... hoping so anyway, else I really don't know where to search the problem in.:(

LAN and server IP Adress may be used in the meantime ...but it's not my meaning for good of course.

Attached Files:

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

how I do that if there is only one plr in the server?

4. Erick Goldner

You have to create another folder (profile) to have a second server!
    You can't just run (select) the same profile twice on the Dedicated Tool!

Copy the folder of the current profile on you server (usually it creates a folder with the name DedicatedServer).
    Paste it with another name and change the .plr file to the same name of the folder.
    And then increase all the ports numbers by 1 in the Multiplayer.ini file.

5. Will Mazeo

Thanks, going to try that :)

6. Erick Goldner

Hey, i've just set your Multiplayer.ini file in a new profile on my server and started the dedicated tool without changing anything.
    It loaded and it's showing just fine:
    GTRR.png

The picture from your post if from Windows Firewall, right ?
    Here's mine (don't undestand french, sorry):
    Firewall.png

Now, since you've said that you're using a remote server, are you sure that this host is with all ports opened/forwarded ?
    If you are renting this server from a company, you could check with them if all this ports are really opened.
    If not, just allowing them on Windows Firewall won't matter ! It needs to be forwarded on the server and then allowed on Windows Firewall (is my case on our servers).

7. Jempy

Well done Erick ... as now I'm sure it's just a question of ports.

I'll have another look at them, ask the server company if necessary and surely find the solution.
    I won't miss telling you the results.

You've done your best to help ... thanks for your time ;)
    I'll have now to manage the following steps.

8. Jempy

After a quick check, I noticed one port only seemed to be really opened:
    port 34747 TCP .... the other ones don't seem to be really working.

I'll try other ports than the original ones ... changing these ports in the multiplayer.ini and of course opening these same ports.
    More news when test is done. ;)

9. pantxu

pantxu New Member AMS2 Club Member

few problems here and I triplecheck port forwarding and others aspects mentioned in this thread.

1. I cant get my dedicated server listed on server browser running standalone tool, to check if its a config problem, I copy "dedicatedserver" userdata folder from original game (that works and appears on browser) and test it (not at the same time) and still not show on list.

2. when I run dedicated server on remote machine, (logged on steam acc) and try to enter from home, it ask me to logout one of the sides, so... either I run localy or remote, not both.

thx in advance for any help

10. pantxu

pantxu New Member AMS2 Club Member

note: I have just check that dedi tool list the server on browser when I launch it through double click on explorer, (despite its a standalone tool, they put automobilista "game" on "running") but if I open the tool inside steam or through steam link (steam://rungameid/447760) server is missing from the list.

due point "2" on last post, I can't run on remote machine except I buy another ams license to run with other user.

11. Erick Goldner

You dont need that.

All you got do is create another steam account to use it only for the Dedicated tool to run or use your account and set Steam to run in off-line Mode on the host server.

I have my account in our 3 machines with Steam set in off-line Mode running fine.

PS.: i always start the AMS Dedicated exe from the executable on the installation folder.
    Never tried running from the Steam app itself, so dunno if this could be the cause of it not showing in the list of servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jempy

Do you mean your Dedicated folder is not in Steamapps/common/ ... Erick ?
    Because that's where it installs !

I tried other ports in port numbers where I know it's no problem .... and the server doesn't show on the list either.

So I believe our main problem is situated somewhere else than the forwarding ports.

NB: and the remote server runs with a separate Steam account.

13. Erick Goldner

The Dedicated folder is on the default location for steam installation.

PS.: the Dedicated exe has the same structure from the game if you run it as Admin or not.
    If the PC is running Windows 2012 Server (for example) and your account is with admin privileges, it will always search for the profile folder on the installation folder (steam.
    If not, it will search from the Documents\Automobilista folder.

14. Jempy

Our remote server is running Windows 2008 R2 Server ....
    Should something be missing in it so that the Dedicated cannot display on the Steam server list and of course also in game ?
    Or should it be possible the problem might have its source in the International Caracters as our Windows is french version ?

I'm looking a bit in different directions as I already tried different other ports without finding the solution.
    Even though it's not of an utmost importance for a league server, it should be better to find the solution in case we'd wish to open a public server.

NB: Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5.2 is installed as also a few Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  15. Erick Goldner

I only mentioned the Windows Server thing because of the Admin privileges of the account you have on it (already run as Admin, so the game Will use the folder from the steam installation.

Since you can manually conect to the server, i dont think that components or the Windows itself could be the cause.
    If Net was missing you wouldnt be able to even start the tool.

If you want, add me on Steam (same name from fórum).

16. Jempy

Mysteries of Internet or informatica ???
    The server appears now in the server list although I didn't change any port opening !??????

Why did I have a look at the server list ? .... only because I saw drivers's entries in the log.
    Rather difficult if the server might not appear in the list but might only be seen by typing the IP adress ... as all drivers seemed to be not from our league and even country.

So ... I don't know yet where the problem was in fact. :(

17. Will Mazeo

Yeah the server appear whenever it wants, lucky the EEC server want to appear most of times

18. Jempy

It should be of high interest to find why it may happen !

A chance that the IP Adress may be used if this should happen just the day of a league event !
    Else ... that wouldn't last long before drivers desert the servers ! :(

No problem as I'm just in test phase for now ... so I know now the problem is not on my own side. ;)

NB: thanks to all who intervened in this problem discussion ..;)