1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hints for the Green Hell?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Jeff Scharpf, May 12, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dang.. you are good! I don't think I will ever get to that point.

2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

When I first got GTS with PSVR Id just lap
    The Nordschleife over and over again in the Porsche 919 EVO Tribute because there was **** else to do in GTSVR.
    After a few weeks or so I knew every inch of the track and when I drive it now (years later) I still do.

You just gotta practice practice practice.

3. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

IMHO, every track its easy to memorized if you know the car you are running with. I had learn that from others sims. If you know a car so well that you can explore your limits and the car, every track will be more easy to memorized, because the car factor will be apart.

I do had memorized the nord from iracing, and its quite the same at AMS2. The difference its in the cars. If you had memorized with one car, you might had to change your brake marks a bit, and this part its easy to mess up if you memorized in a extremaly fast car, or with high downforce.

So my advice will be, first, select a car and try get used with him, them you go to the nords. It works for me and some friends.

4. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I see that I will need to spend more time here. I understand what you are all saying because I have the first 1/3 pretty much down.. of course that's because if I am going to crash, now it comes just about there :)...
    I've only driven the Porsche GT3 during a championship season, and I always have trouble in those two sequential down hill left hand turns where there is a little town. I'm not sure if you know where i'm talking about. My car always wants to slide straight into the fence and I can't find the line.
    The problem for me is getting to that corner without incident is several minutes..
    And worse yet, running the championship mode, we're on to our next race.. so I have to practice for the next one :).. I will need to take some free time and just run this track because I still enjoy it. I suppose it would be much more fun with others online, but I can't seem to find anyone very often for a casual drive and I don't have a good microphone.

5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Breidscheid (before 17) and the kink leading into Ex-Mühle?

[​IMG]

6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I know where you mean - the bottom bit before you start climbing - I also don't know the names!
    You need to brake earlier than you think at the first of those - If you carry too much speed the car gets unsettled and you slide into the fence.

Brake before you even get to the first downhill kink going into the first of those two left handers, go down a gear, let the car settle (where you normally hit the fence) before breaking again and probably dropping another gear for the tighter turn - then early on the power down to the second left hander which is easier - then its all power up the hill towards the Karussell.

There are lots of corners that lead onto straights where you can make or lose a lot of time - if you are still fighting the corner (because you went in too fast) when you exit it you will lose much more time due to your slow exit speed than you would if you had braked earlier.

You might want to practice the track outside of your championship in a lower powered car - I favour the Caterham Academy. You'll spend less time fighting the car and more time learning the track.