1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i store several keybindings for different wheels

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Taylan Benker, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Taylan Benker

Taylan Benker New Member

I decided to give AMS2 a try at last. As many reported here, it did not recognize my CSW 2.5 in the beginning. After 3 hours and couple of dozen times getting in and out of the rig, i final make it. So i am a bit hesitant to experiment with the wheels. So i want to ask you before experimenting.

I was planning to use different wheels for different classes. As button layouts are different i want to create several key assignment profiles for each wheel. The controls page seems to save with different name i could not see how to load them back. When i come back to the page it only lists default profiles like wheel, gamepad, keyboard etc.

- Is it possible to save and reload different profiles, if yes how?
    - In menus; the X box button (recognized as button 24 in game) act as enter/confirm. I want to assign a different button for enter/confirm but I could not see parameter under any tabs. The only control which seems to be binded to button 24 is for something different and if i assign a different button it works as that but not as enter. Xbox button still acts like enter. Is it hard coded or what is the name of the control in game?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

At the very top of the first control settings screen you see the control profiles. You can switch through them (you also have to set sensitivities and FFB for them again, keep that in mind.) Same layout for every language, white marked item:
    20220113140437_1.jpg
    Switching this one will activate, load and save the profile, as soon as something got changed. You can also copy your settings from another profile, like visible in the menu.

I'm not sure, if there is a way to change the enter button, it's probably not possible unfortunately.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Taylan Benker

Taylan Benker New Member

Thanks for the reply. There must be something wrong with my app then. I though this would how it supposed to be but when i scroll that tap it only displays the defaults but not my renamed profile. I will check.