1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I can see the entire replay of a race?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by leillo1975, Oct 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Hello, after a race sometimes I like to see the replay of it, but I only can see some time of the final moments. Is possible to configure the game to allot it to view all race?

I could swear you could save replays before, but I can't see the button to do so anywhere. Has that feature been removed? The thing is, I have a replay saved from a long time ago and I don't know how I could do it.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to skip the cooldown-lap or complete it and park on your pit spot.
    After that, the game will advance to the true race results screen. There you hit the replay button and you will get the complete race replay. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Thanks a lot !! This was really weird. Is possible to configure the game to see the entire race without saving the replay?

4. CrimsonEminence

Ah so you mean in multiplayer? Because there i think, you need to save the replay in order to watch it, because of the way the lobby returns to the main lobby menu at some point would throw you out of your session otherwise. (The save replay button appears, after the cooldown timer has ended)

For single player, when you follow my described steps above, you should be able to enter the full race replay. It will show you the race from start to finish directly after the race, when being in race results screen.

If you don't skip the cooldown lap/complete the cooldown lap, it will give you the quick replay, that covers only about 1 lap distance or so.

Btw. (This isn't relevant for the general way to enter the full race replay after the race tho.) There is an annoying bug, that the game auto-saves replays with several car/track combos, when you enter the race replay in the race results screen and sometimes, when loading replays in the gallery.

It's hard to reproduce related situations reliably due to its randomness so it still sticks around right now, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to pick this up: Is there a way in the current version to watch more that the last 2 minutes/the last lap of replay in a test day session?

6. CrimsonEminence

I don't think so actually, yeah.

7. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

After cooldown lap is possible to see the entire race. Thanks a lot for all this help.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 2