1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many rims do you own?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jul 3, 2021.

?
  1. 1 fixed to base

24.8%
  2. 2

23.1%
  3. 3 or more

27.3%
  4. 1 not fixed to base

24.8%
  1. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Yeah, just looking at all those buttons and dials is enough to make me start the internal monologue about how “actually, you probably need it to be better, faster and more cool.” I’m easily led….by my own desires:D

2. Nats

Nats Member

One 2nd hand GT Driving Force Wheel and pedals, fixed to my desk and I love it, wouldnt change it for a new Logitech wheel.

3. Pierre Dietze

Pierre Dietze Bad to the bone AMS2 Club Member

Ähm...13
    - genuine and raced Nascar wheel, signed by Jeff Gordon
    - Thrustmaster SF1000
    - selfmade Ferrari F643 replica
    - selfmade Lotus 109 replica
    - Lotus 49 wheel by Jacob Engineering / England
    - 300mm GT wheel for H-shifted cars
    - Thrustmaster Open wheel addon, modified
    - selfmade Porsche 911 GT3 Cup wheel with Fanatec rim
    - selfmade Cupra WTCR steering wheel
    - W07 test mule, not finished yet, will be replaced with an Audi R8 GT4 wheel maybe
    - selfmade BMW DTM steering wheel
    - selfmade AMG GT3 steering wheel
    - Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara

So, please don't tell me there is no need for multiple steering wheel profiles. And thats exactly why RRRE is the sim of my choice, you can have a dedicated profile for every wheel in RRRE and even store different FFB settings for every profile. Thats how its done Reiza!
    Yes, they all work. All wheels are equipped with "Peter Makes Things" true quick release.

Dsc_0389.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Interesting… I always thought a button box would be a nightmare in VR which is what I do 100% of the time. I actually have a Farming Simulator button box I got for free (joystick is broken) that I could test. It has clear rows and columns of buttons to learn by feel at least.