How to use a custom fixed setup

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Charles Coutts, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Charles Coutts

Charles Coutts New Member

I'm running a AMS Series that we're going to make fixed setup...how do I set it up so that my custom setup is the fixed setup for everyone?

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Charles,

With fixed setups selected the game will use the current favourite setup if one is available, falling back to the default if not. To create a favourite setup on the dedi you can use the steps below.

First of all upload the setup file you want to use to the server and store it in the usual place for the profile you will use to run the server. (My Docs\Automobilista\<profile_name>\settings\<track_name>).

In the main profile directory (My Docs\Automobilista\<profile_name>) find the 'FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal' and create an entry for the vehicle like the one below, adjusting the track, vehicle, and path as required:
    Code:
    AutoLoadEntry
    {
      Track="Kansai"
      Classes="Mini"
      Session=10 // not currently used
      File="C:\USERS\GAMESERVERS\DOCUMENTS\AUTOMOBILISTA\USERDATA\server1\Settings\Kansai\mini-kansai-fixed.svm"
    }

Repeat as required for all the vehicle types that will be used in the server.

When you launch the server, on the vehicle filter selection screen tick the Fixed Setups checkbox to force use of the default you just set.

You can use your local game client to generate the AutoLoadEntry by marking the setup as favourite in the garage's Setup files screen, then looking for the entry in your own profile's FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal.

If you want more fine grained control over what settings are allowed to be changed from the fixed setup you can modify the FreeSettings value of the plr file for the server profile.

Code:
    QUICK FreeSettings="-1" // -1=use SRS/season/GDB default, or add to allow minor changes with fixed/parc ferme setups: 1=steering lock, 2=brake pressure, 4=starting fuel, 8=fuel strategy 16=tire compound, 32=brake bias, 64=front wing, 128=engine settings
    MULTI FreeSettings="-1"

It's a bitfield so add together the numbers of the settings you wish to allow and enter the total as the setting value in the MULTI line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is very ineteresting, I must remember to revisit this thread as I have some questions regaurding this. I thought fixed steups meant it only allowed the default baseline set up the car comes with in the game. However what I see here suggests It locks the setup to what ever you have the car set to already, so fixed setups does not mean everyone is on exactly the same setup, or have I misunderstood? Ah, sorry just realised this is AMS thread, not AMS2. How does it work for AMS2?