1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hype for weekly update?!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike1304, May 15, 2020.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe start a thread "Hype for weekly dev update?!" to see if that helps anything? :cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

How about a "Renato, obey!" thread and anytime one of us really, really wants something we can post it there and Renato is legally obliged to reply?

Can't find fault with that idea. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What? No hype for v1.3?
    Unacceptable!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dicra

Well, Reiza said it's coming this week, so hyping it already would be a bit early, don't you think? After all it's not going to arrive before next Friday :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hype tends to die after the tenth promised deadline they blow through...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

*goes away and frantically searches for posts from Renato with the word promise in them...:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dicra

Like ... I get the point, but no? Whenever someone official gives a date for something, where it "should be released", "is expected to arrive" or whatever, it's this date I'm prepared for. When that date is almost never met, at some point I just stop bothering and tell myself "it's coming when it's coming". At this point, the "expected" dates Reiza predicts are the least likely dates for anything to come out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. chonk

And what is it that you're preparing for? Are you going into space? Is your family being held hostage until it's released? Does your livelihood depend on the next AMS 2 patch arriving precisely on time and not a day later?

Honestly not trying to be mean or make fun for the sake of it but it's a nonsense at this stage. People lose their **** here every time, it's quite sad really. The updates keep coming at a rate that far surpasses any other sim on the market, the game continues to get better and better and, when a time frame is suggested the update tends to never be more than a couple of days beyond that at worst. They said we should have the next update this weekend, it 7am on Saturday in Brazil and you're sharpening pitchforks already.

I don't know I just think some of you need to get other hobbies that don't rely on software developers hitting amorphous deadlines every other week. Like genuinely this should not be a source of frustration for anyone, not because Reiza should do better but because you just shouldn't care so much.

I understand that at times communication has been lacking, but that too has seen a marked improvement over the last couple of months. And I think that if a clearly defined date is going to be missed a quick update post would be cool but again in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't matter. I really hate discussing this kind of thing because it's beyond pointless to me, but there you go.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dicra

Dude. Slow down a little, would ya? :D

How is "I don't hype updates anymore, I'm waiting for them disregarding every date Reiza gives and when they come, they come." a message worthy of a rant like this?

And preparing means: Looking forward to, looking more often into this forum in order to see if it's already there. I don't do that anymore, that was the point.

I'm not frustrated. I'm not furious. I'm just also not excited for a date they give, 's all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. chonk

I don't think I was ranting to be honest, normally at the end of a rant I will apologise for ranting. I'm just expressing my opinion in the same way you were in the post above. And in the same way azaris was before that. I just used more words than you to do it. Beyond that there's no issue for me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

People presume you're frustrated because you keep posting about it.
    They might be mistaken - getting tone from typed words over the internet can be hard, but be mindful that it's the impression you might leave.

But, Reiza have been pretty clear. The original date was missed because a bug was found. The current expectation is end of this week, which hasn't passed yet.

So, Tiki Torches can be on standby but not yet lit. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

At this point I personally think that really, the deadlines Reiza states are more of a "Here's roughly when we hope it'll be finished, don't get your hopes up though" than a "This is coming out on this day on this date, no ifs or buts about it"
    And that's fine, development is a rocky thing

13. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll drink a beer while I do not lose hope. :rolleyes:
    Maybe will be drunk but everything have a price to pay for...

14. Dicra

Yeah, 'cause it's kind of a meme at this point and I like making fun of not-so-significant little things like this ^^ You're invited to my post history, do any of these look like someone chewing at his keyboard in rage? I had a lot of fun the day the development update didn't drop :D

When 1.3 arrives, I expect we'll have a whole game to talk about, but right now the release of 1.3 is actually the most interesting thing about this game, as it seems that most of the current game will be old news in a few days.

15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You should be very hyped.

• Like Like x 1
  16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely today is the day!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dicra

Dammit.

They really did it. Consider me hyped now.

18. F2020

F2020 Member

Here we go!

19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Come on, folks. Where’s the hype? :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We're in Discord. Someday Reiza will join us.