1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was getting bored with sim racing....

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dennis, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

...and then I booted up AMS 2 again after many weeks. Wowee zowee what a rodeo! ACC and Rf2 are great sims, but they are like taking a Sunday drive in comparison to AMS 2. So I have come crawling back to AMS 2 begging forgiveness! :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I kind of went through the same thing. With AMS2, I don't have to scour the internet for all of the tweaks and add-ons that you "must have" in order to play the game. Just fire it up and go. For me, it is a clean, reliable, diverse, racing sim, out of the box...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats one of the best feats of Reiza; their products are out of the box the better package. Just start, calibrate your setup and go. No lots of stuff to download, no weird FFB-tools and what not. Just go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've been away for a while as well and by coincidence reinstalled the very same day the latest patch came. I really think a lot has been massively improved over the last couple of months.

Racing against the updated AI is a lot of fun. 'They' race hard but consistently cleaner now. For the first time I really enjoy actual racing and not just testing, tweaking and hotlapping.

:)

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You do not need to stay away a while to see and feel how AMS2 matures.
    I stay at AMS2 since the initial release of EA a year ago and it is great how it get better and better with each update. OK, sometimes it goes the wrong way :(, but you can trust REIZA that they will fix it as soon as possible :).
    Of course, there are still many things unfinished and some things seems to have a higher prio than others (like the still unfinished F1 cars and trucks although they had a good start...it is a bit sad that they are stocking...).
    But as a machine programer I know that when starting a new project, there are so many ideas what to do, you start everything at the same time, then recognizing the issues which appear, start to solve them, and then everything is stocking. After a while, you solved them and you start to do step by step. Some old things fall into oblivion and will be done some long time later...
    But nevertheless, AMS and Reiza are great :D.
    I have never been thinking about realism in a SIM so much as with AMS2 last year.
    As I was driving on highway with around 220 kph last srping I thought it nearly feels like AMS2 -- or AMS2 nearly feels like real driving. Another thinking was; if this (the personal car, VW Passat) would be a real race car, how should the race car feel? More nervous, more stable? If more nervous (like in other SIMs), it is an absolute bad design;).
    So REIZA, keep going, forza Reiza!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dennis

Dennis Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, AI greatly improved. Constantly pestering you from behind and sticking their nose into the corner if you leave just a little hole, but they are still respectful and not overly aggressive. Very impressive :cool:

• Like Like x 1