IMMERSION Modding Group mods

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by jusk, Nov 3, 2023.

1. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Oh wow I never even thought of that, yeah that would bother the crap out of me too o_O I'm still happy with using the older cars, and nothing stopping me from just turning off traction control and using manual gears for authenticity, I used to do that in F1 Challenge 99-02 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Now that I see that livery, I would love an easter egg changing that "FREZA" decal putting the reiza logo instead :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marg

Marg Active Member

But 1999 season was better (more interesting) than 2002 anyway, in real life.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, 2001 and 2002 are not the seasons you use the word epic to describe them.
    That's why I'm really happy for and enjoy 2000 skinpack. And waiting updates for 2012.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AntoJSK

AntoJSK New Member

I'm really quite interested on if there will be a 12th team... I think V10-Gen2 has a 24 car grid when 1999 was 22 cars.
    If there is a 12th team, the only semi-realistic option would be Honda who were looking at an entry for 1999 and did some testing with Jos Verstappen in 1998. I could imagine they would've slipped in Shinji Nakano in the second seat.
    The great thing about the 1999 season is that it would make really good use of the .bat files due to all the driver swaps that happened that year.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We could also have an extra slot to add a custom team, similar to how it was done in the indycar 2023 mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually the 1999 mid season driver swaps is less chaotic than 1986 season !

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. nico2caen

nico2caen New Member

The 1999 season is going to be cool ! It reminds us of our youth, and the many hours on F1 challenge 99-02 !

@Alain : I have a question: there are 2001 and 2002 skinpacks on Racedepartment, they are correct. Could it be possible if the creators of these skinpacks agree, that you modify them with your level of quality?

9. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First of all, i appreciate all the talks and requests you guys drop here. There is a lot to do and i always said that i wanted to cover the maximum F1 seasons as long as it makes sense with what cars Reiza offers us with AMS2.
    V10 Gen 2 car totally makes sense to go from 99 to 2002, it's not that odd.
    One thing i would like to get is the possibility to get the Michelin tyres and the Bridgestone brand. If we have this possibility i would be tempted to go with 2001 and 2002 HD skinpack.
    If i had to do 2001 and 2002 i would not update the existing skinpacks, i would start from scratch and bring the level of quality we used to bring at Immersion Group.
    That being said, F1 1999 is not even out yet, and we have others surprises i would like to share with you very soon !
    So 2001 and 2002 F1 seasons, of course its tempting, i have certainly this in my mind, but not quite soon.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Question. Just to make sure I have the process correct for updating existing mods in AMS2. Delete the old file, delete it from AMS2 CM, run steam file integrity process, then install the new one?

I seem to remember running into trouble trying to update other mods.

11. pr07

pr07 Member

Would you guys consider making a 2003 skinpack for them, if we ever get the right tyres? That season was far better than '01 and '02, and I feel like the cars would "look right", especially with your level of quality.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There should really be no need to run the Steam file integrity thing. Just uninstall the old version with AMS2CM (then delete it from your 'disabled' folder if you wish), and install the new version.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

The last time I tried that I deleted it from "enabled", ran AMS2CM and it was still there. Unchecked it and ran AMS2CM again and it was still there. It was only after running steam integrity file check that it disappeared. That was my basis for asking about the correct process.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jusk

What you're suggesting is good if troubleshooting is needed for whatever reason - but it isn't normally necessary to do that every time. Not sure what's happened with your install - have you got the latest version of AMS2CM? (though I don't think that should matter either) - hope you've got it sorted.

15. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would LOVE for it to happen. I even have a Custom AI file I did on my own for this purpose, based on the 2002 skinpack. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the time and the will to go full send on learning how to paint cars, and for sure the quality of them would be awful, specially compared to what IMG can pull off.

16. Cristiano Guimaraes

Cristiano Guimaraes New Member

hi bro, How can I edit a ready-made championship, such as the 1991 season, to change some parameters such as the number of laps? Not creating a personalized championship, but editing what comes in the game/mod. Is there an xml or other file for this?

17. jusk

I don't think it's possible outside of the game (e.g. via xml) at the moment. You can scale the race distance and change opponent skill/aggression in game, but I think that's all.

There is no way of including a pre-configured championship with a mod at the moment (that I am aware of), but that is definitely something we would look at in future if Reiza facilitated it.

18. pr07

pr07 Member

I believe there is a way to reduce the length of the race, through a percentage setting. But you can't add or remove rounds, nor change any cars or drivers included in the default championship.

19. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

LOGO_F1_1991.png
    F1 1991 Season
    update ...coming soon™

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_promo_01.jpg

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_promo_02.jpg

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_promo_03.jpg

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Magic

Magic 24/7 Racer