1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMMERSION Modding Group mods

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by jusk, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

list of changes coming soon :)

it's less dramatic than the V1.6 updates, but still it will be a BIG update for this skinpack :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Alain Fry

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_update_01.jpg

Dear AMS2 Community,

We are thrilled to announce the latest update from the Immersion Modding Group.

This time, our team has focused on delivering a substantial update to our most successful skinpack: the F1 Season 1991 for the F-Classic Gen 4 class. Here's a breakdown of what you can expect from this exciting new release:

Modena Lamborghini to come in F1 '91

[​IMG]
    One of the standout additions to this update is the inclusion of a new team: Modena Lamborghini. The Modena team will be using the "V12" model 1. Consequently, we have decided to repaint the Lola-Ford and move it to the "V8" model 3. Deciding how to allocate teams based on models is never easy. Sometimes we focus on the engine used historically, and other times we prioritize graphical look-alike. We are confident in the choices we’ve made for this new distribution.

More and more '91 Scenarios with the XML Selector

[​IMG]
    The other major innovation in this update is the introduction of new scenarios using the XML Selector. This has been a monumental task, resulting in 11 different scenarios that take into account driver changes throughout the season, non-qualifying cars, and livery changes. Speaking of livery changes, this update features the much-anticipated "non-tobacco" liveries. Fans can now drive McLaren, Ferrari, Ligier, Benetton, and Williams in their non-tobacco variants.

Special Liveries and Texture Improvements

[​IMG]
    We’ve also included a special treat with the introduction of the "early-season" Williams skin featuring the white engine cover. This livery has sparked mixed reactions, and we are curious to hear what you think! We personnally think that is going to be the best possible immersion for you to recreate the historic 1991 Brazilian Grand Prix.

Another exciting addition is the introduction of a new driver: Karl Wendlinger in the Leyton House for the final two rounds of the season. The Leyton House has been completely repainted in a high-definition version with two liveries: early-season and late-season.

Finally, we’ve used this update as an opportunity to enhance several helmet textures. Although the work is not yet complete : @Raphael Rodrigues is on a mission to deliver a brand-new helmet pack for F1 '91 very soon.

You’ll be able to download this extensive "2.0" update for F1 '91 this weekend. It’s a major update coming, believe me

Our team is not sleeping and is already on the verge of offering you a brand-new '90s "F1 Season". Stay tuned for more information and photos coming soon.

Happy racing!

The Immersion Modding Group

Full Changelog 2.0 :
    Added Modena Team Lamborghini in the V12 (#34 Larini #35 van de Poele)
    Moved Larrousse from V12 to V8
    Added Ferrari, Ligier, McLaren, Benetton, Williams no tobacco skins
    Added Ligier USA-Brazil skins
    Added Williams USA-Brazil skin
    Added Wendlinger in the Leyton House for the last 2 races
    Updated several '91 helmets
    Added "BOSS" seatbelt for McLaren drivers
    Fixed XML Selector (12 different scenarios !)
    Fixed Williams car skin (camel logo, colour tweaks)
    Fixed Benetton car skin (camel logo)
    Improved Leyton House skins (early and end season variant)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  3. Magic

Magic 24/7 Racer

A little info:
    In the actual Version (1.56) of the F1-1988-Season you can fix the notworking-visors (helmets-directory is missing in the visor-section of the xml) of both of the Mp4/4-drivers in a futureupdate.

And with the fix of the leftsiedeview-Marlboro-Logo on the MP4/2C (1986), MP4/4 (1988) (wrong logo-place) and maybe the MP4/6 if it's not already done in the upcoming update for 1991, we nearly get perfection. :):D;)

Keep racing !

PS. Are we there yet ?:p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alain Fry

Can you give us reference of the expected fixes you wish ?

And yes, we're almost there ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magic

Magic 24/7 Racer

Mp4-2.jpg Mp4-4.jpg

MP4-6.jpg
    It has to be from left to right: Mirror - Type - Logo
    You need to swap type and logo. ;)
    And the MP4/6 has that curious scratch, even without a livery-mod !
    It is possible to fix that ?

As a McLaren-Fan,i noticed this tiny thing...

Thank you very much ! Keep racing !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alain Fry

the back scratch on the MP4-6 is a known issue, and nothing we can do about it. Only Reiza can fix it.
    For the type and logo swap, i'll see later what we can do about it ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Alain Fry

F1 SEASON 1991 "2.00" update is released !
    IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_update_02.jpg

[​IMG]

The XML Selector allows you to customize the mod in a very simple way : Go to your Automobilista 2 folder and run the "F1_Season_1991_XML_Selector.bat" file. Select a scenario by typing the option number of your choice and hit enter.

The mod gives you following scenario options to choose from :

1. Round 01 (Phoenix) : Lamborghini #34 outqualifies Ligier #26
    2. Round 02 (Interlagos) : No Footwork, no Lamborghini on the grid
    3. Round 03 (Imola) : Lamborghini #35 outqualifies Dallara #21, New car skins for Williams and Ligier
    4. Round 04,05 (Monaco, Montreal) : Dallara #21 outqualifies Lamborghini #35, Footwork #9 outqualifies Brabham #8, Herbert makes debut with Lotus
    5. Round 06,07,10 (Mexico, Magny-Cours, Budapest) : Fondmetal #14 outqualifies Lola #30, Brabham outqualifies Footwork #9
    6. Round 08 (Silverstone) : No tobacco skins for McLaren, Ferrari, Ligier
    7. Round 09 (Hockenheim) : Alternate no tobbaco for McLaren
    8. Round 11 (Spa) : Michael Schumacher in the Jordan
    9. Round 12,13,14 (Monza, Estoril, Barcelona) : Michael Schumacher goes to Benetton, Moreno goes to Jordan
    10. Round 15 (Suzuka) : Capelli makes room for Wendlinger at Leyton House ; Zanardi replaces Moreno at Jordan
    11. Round 16 (Adelaide) : Prost is fired by Ferrari, Morbidelli takes the Ferrari, Moreno goes to Minardi
    12. What if... : Jean Alesi signs with Williams in 1991, Mansell retires from F1 and Larini takes the Ferrari #28

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_XML_update_03.jpg

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_04.jpg

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1991_05.jpg

[AMS2] F1 1991 Season

• Winner Winner x 21
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Magic

Magic 24/7 Racer

Superb work and congrats. Thanks to the whole team, especially to Alain (Merci) for extremly fastfixing the MP4/6 :cool:, wow, but it doesn't work on the non-tabacco-version, haha ;):D, or it works and i need glasses :rolleyes:;):whistle:.
    Now you can really redrive the GP's with so much accuracy (Williams-White-Engine-Cover, Correct Qualified Drivers, ect.), that its make even more fun and enjoyable, as it was already before.

Thanks again for the info of the backscratch,i thought for myself that it is an issue. Hopefully Reiza take it in their hands oneday.

Its amazing, mindblowing what the team do for the community. There is not enough thanks for all of that. It's an honor to drive your F1-Season-Mods !!!!

Keep racing!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

really sorry for the noob question but can this be installed via AMS2 Content Manager, the tool I am using to install cars and tracks mods, without breaking things in the Game

or is that just a matter of dr.ag and drop files?

thanks

10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK both ways work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Anyone else curious about the potential for more licensed classic F1 cars coming in 1.6? Reiza mentioned in their development update that 7 new brands are joining the game, and showed Audi and the addition of the Group A DTM Quattro, makes me wonder if we'll be getting some licensed Classic F1 cars too. I have to assume with the IMSA partnership, we'll be getting Ferrari, which might mean getting some real Ferrari F1 cars to replace the unlicensed ones. I could definitely see the 641, 643, F92A, and F93A getting added to compliment the already stacked amount of early 90s F1 content the game has, as well as the F1/87 to go with all the 1988 content. Would be cool to see the 312 added to Formula Vintage Gen 1 and Gen 2 as well.

This is of course all complete speculation, but if that happened, how long would it take for the Immersion Modding Group to update their skin packs? Because obviously It would break most of them.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 6
  12. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd be quite surprised if that happened. But, if it did, I'm sure we'd update our packs to accommodate it fairly quickly ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If we get more F1 cars, fingers crossed, we get the cars to fill some obvious remaining gaps in F1 history.

Personally I'd like to see the F-extreme (F1 2015-2016) return from the original AMS, aswell as a Formula V8 (2007-2008).
    Maybe some F-vintage G3 (1970-1972), and maybe FV10 g3 (2005).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I doubt we will see more F1 cars any time soon, if at all. Maybe the ones from AMS1 as that would be more efficient.

But I think Renato wrote when the Hitech were released that would close the formula cars for a while, so even if that was not a closed for good statement, we can deduce with 1.6, IMSA and Le Mans historic content they are not gonna be any new Formula cars any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

It worked with CM

It was so good yesterday to have a run in VR driving as ALESI

I am not a fan of Ferrari but the guy was literally born 20min away from my hometown and he was a joy to see on the track

thanks again to this Group for reviving my good old days of attachment to F1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Amazing work so far...can i ask, are there any plans to update the 2012 Formula Reiza class and Formula Ultimate Gen 1 class?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alain Fry

I dont want to "over promise" but i recently worked on both series recently !

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Nice, I really hope they allow you guys to override the Pit crew suits to match the drivers, that's the final frontier as far as immersion for me. I see they did it for the default car skins. if they allow you to override this for your skins...ill never play EA F1 again...absolutely no need

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Alain Fry

I would like to override rims and tyre brands as well.
    Btw some screenshoots are coming next week end with the new stuff coming

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Alain Fry

Dev Update - July 2024
    Immersion Modding Group

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_01_promo.jpg

Greetings everyone!

We hope you're enjoying the summer and the thrilling Formula 1 races that come with it. We have some exciting news to share with you in this month's dev update, but first, let’s put a word about an upcoming milestone for Automobilista 2: the highly anticipated 1.6 update from the official Reiza Team.

Anticipating AMS2 "1.6"

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_02_promo.jpg

The 1.6 update for AMS2 is set to be huge. While it's not our job to reveal all the details — Renato planned to write a "Part 2" dev update —we can share that, as beta testers, we've witnessed significant improvements across various aspects of the game. These include enhanced audio, refined physics, smarter AI, and a better livetrack system. This update could also mean we will need to refine and update our mods to align with these improvements once 1.6 is officially released.

Announcing the Formula 1 1999 Season Mod

IMMERSION-Modding-Group_F1_1999_03_promo.jpg

We are thrilled to announce our newest project: the Formula 1 1999 Season for the Formula V10 Gen 2 class. This mod will bring the essence of a thrilling season filled with intense rivalries : Schumacher v. Häkkinen and iconic races (Nurburgring '99 being the best example), and surprised outsiders (Irvine, Frentzen, Barrichello...).

• High-Resolution Skins for the 11 teams : Our team of painters is dedicated to delivering high-definition car skins that faithfully replicate the liveries of the 1999 season. Every detail will be meticulously produced to ensure authenticity and immersion.

• No Tobacco Variants: As with our previous mods update, we will include non-tobacco liveries to bring you even more immersion !

• High-Resolution Helmets, Suits, and Gloves: Drivers’ helmets, suits, and gloves have been made by SATLAB and myself.

• XML Selector for Driver Changes: The XML Selector will be again a key feature, allowing you to implement driver changes seamlessly throughout the season. You’ll have the flexibility to customize your experience. XML selector is also key to choose between 1999 or 2000 season. More details about it soon.

• Complete and Accurate AI File: To ensure the most authentic racing experience, we will include the best possible AI file that accurately represents the performance and reliability of the 1999 season’s teams and drivers.
    We believe this mod will be a fantastic addition to AMS2, offering a deep and engaging way to relive one of F1’s memorable seasons.

Your support and feedback are important to us, and we are committed to keep enhancing your sim racing experience. Stay tuned for more updates and previews of the Formula 1 1999 Season mod. We can't wait to share more details with you in the coming weeks.

Happy racing!

The Immersion Modding Group

Screenshoots/Promo stuff by @Brainbug

• Like Like x 21
    • Winner Winner x 21
    • Friendly Friendly x 1