increasing FFB gain

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Brent Mills, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

I'm using a T300 wheel and finding the ffb rather weak even though CP gain is 100% and ingame also 100%. I know my wheel is capable of much higher forces as in RF2 it sometimes feels like it's gonna take my thumb off! I checked in the controller.ini file and saw a FFB gain variable, which I increased from 0.3 to 0.8, but it didn't make any difference. Anything else I can try?

2. beorn2

beorn2 Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use the 'real feel ' adjustment Shown here

Attached Files:

3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm in the same boat as you, I have a T300GTE and while the FFB is great, it's definitely pretty weak compared to other titles. You need to edit the realfeelplugin.ini file in your AMS directory. Each car has a number of entries, you need to edit the MaxForceAtSteeringRack setting for each car. The closer to 0, the higher the FFB. Sort of like the per vehicle FFB multiplier in rF2. I've been through and dropped most of the car MFASR entries by about 30%. eg if a car was 2500 it's now 1800. If it was -1000 it's now -700. To me this gives a lot more pleasing wheel weight without clipping or going dull in turns.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Every car is perfectly weighted for me on my CSW. But be lucky we can adjust as described above. There are other titles where I wish I could adjust more because they are not configured so well by default for the CSW.

5. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Turn smoothing off in the real feel ini (0), makes a world of difference.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

Wow that's made a world of difference, now the car really feels allliiiive! Thanks guys! :)

7. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

100%/100% gain is grazy imo. Your ffb is clipping like hell, you loose heaps of info.

I've never understood why some people wants to turn simracing into strength training.

Narturally each to their own etc.

8. MarcG

It is indeed "each to their own", this is where a clipping tool would be extremely handy. Reiza are well aware of the/our need for one, hopefully one day.

Of course the overall strength depends on each individual car, but for me having driven a track day V8Supercar (4-5 year old spec) the feel of the SuperV8 through my T300 is pretty close to the real thing, my controller gain is 60% I think or thereabouts. Anything higher and it just ruins the experience for me.

9. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

My gains are 60% in control panel and 80% in game, no damping, and then I finetune each car to feel perfect (to me) with realfeel.

10. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a t300 gte and see no need to raise the ffb above 80% ingame ( I have 100 in cp). Especially if you try the higher downforce cars you will clip like mad in fast corners

11. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

I do agree with you that if it was clipping, the experience would be ruined, but in my case it seems something happened to the strength of my wheel as it is a lot weaker for the same gain setting than when I first got it. However turning up the gain gives me the strength I expect to feel and it's definitely not clipping as I can still feel detail while in mid turn. I agree a clipping tool would be very useful, are there not any easy RF1 tools out there waiting to be converted?

12. MarcG

If you're past the warranty it may be worth opening your T300 up and tightening the belts & bits, not that I need to but I have heard of a youtube video on it. It still may well feel alright mid turn, but you could still be clipping a small amount so I'd recommend using a clipping tool when one becomes available.
    Maybe someone other than Reiza is doing one, don't know.

13. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

It's only about 4 months old. I've thought of returning it to TM as the FFB is noticeably weaker, but doesn't seem like a return they would accept as the FFB still works, so I can just see the return label, saying 'FFB works, no problem'. Perhaps I'll look into seeing if there is some tightening I can do.

edit: did some youtube searches, but couldn't find anything. If anyone knows any tutorials on what I might be able to do please let me know.

14. TeSL9

TeSL9 Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) AMS2 Club Member

Do you mean the general smoothing level or individual car smoothing level?
    The general smoothing level is default 2. Will it change all the cars levels if i alter it to 1 or 0?

15. MarcG

Sorry I was referring to individual cars in the realfeel.ini :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. MarcG

just to add I've never noticed the DefaultSmoothing option at the top of the realfeel.ini, I've always just changed the individual car and noticed the difference.