1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indycar 2023 Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by MartinezLJ, May 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

We'll be soon introducing a 4th steering wheel featuring the: Custom Max Papis Innovations (MPI) IndyCar Steering Wheel used by Chip Ganassi Racing:
    20230607140237_1.jpg

And, fully customized helmets for each driver (including the air vent). See a sneak peak of Indy 500 winner Josef Newgarden's:
    20230604164153_1.jpg

All of this is happening in parallel with the revision and implementation of the new 1.5 tires introduced with the FUSA-23.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 8
  2. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2024
  3. bucky7300

bucky7300 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I love love love the mod it drove so good but since the last update to AMS2 it oversteers badly for me. Not a setup guru but I imagine some setup changes can take that out. Anyone else having the issue?

4. MartinezLJ

MartinezLJ Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey - is this on road or ovals?

5. bucky7300

Indianapolis Oval to be exact. Seems to have started with the last ams2 update

6. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Yes, I've noticed the same problem. The oversteer is significant when raing alone, if you are just behind a car the oversteer is not more (!). At racedepartment, a modder said that is related to the updated tyres physics and should be fixed in a next mod update.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
  7. bucky7300

Cool thanks for the info I had seen they had to put a higher than normal psi so once it updated that psi was probably outta whack but I would think it would understeer if it was overinflated

8. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2024
  9. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Just want to chime in and appreciate for this IndyCars Mod. I just tried it out and be open minded and didn't expect anything....but holy smoke, this might be the best formula cars with the best handling/physics out of the entire game. Yes, it even seems better than all the official game's formula cars. And most of the time, formula cars is all I drive in AMS2...so I know how they all feel. But the Indycar mod drive great...it just feels (how do i say it) 1 to 1? So, great job!!

This is tested on a motion rig, dd1, VR headset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

What are peoples thoughts on the differences/similarities between this mod and the stock F-USA 2023 and which do you prefer and why (apart from the car model)? I don't know enough about Indycar to have an educated opinion :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's not time for that... As the mod is still set up for conditions prior to 1.48 and the TTs haven't been reset... I have no mods installed still so haven't checked it on 1.5 but apparently it isn't broken by reports I've read...

The mod will receive an update after the TTs are reset... With it's own helmet with hose and a lot of little fixes that we've found to the physics...

Critical feedback will be appreciated... As we can't really change much from "it's great" we need something to look into to improve it...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I just attempted to drive a 20 laps on Indianapolis and it spun off easily when doing a slight quick turn. So, obviously it still need work there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Rubinhofan

Rubinhofan New Member

In terms of comparison this mod with the official F-USA 2023, I agree that we should wait for the 1.5 tire physics update to have both cars on the same basis.

I just noticed 2 things regarding the mod:
    - Switching page on LCD Screen Is not working. -> it works in the F-USA 2023
    - 3d-car model especially in front of the aeroscreen does not represent the current car: There is an air induct splittend in half by the longitudinal fin, which you can clearly see. The mod does not have that air induct.

Do you already have plans to modify the 2 things?
    But overall, very good mod, I like it very much!

14. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you mean the air intake they had at the front/top of the aeroscreen e.g. yesterday at Nashville (see below)? That component is not used all/most of the time - it's specifically used in very hot weather conditions only. Also the fin I think you are referring to (i.e. the one running down the center line of the screen) was removed for 2023. Or are we talking about different things?

In any case - several changes/additions have already been made to the model since the first release to make it more accurate, and further tweaks/improvements are a possibility.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 143149.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rubinhofan

Rubinhofan New Member

IndyCar Toronto Dixon fastest from Kirkwood in warm-up.png I mean the air intake on the bottom of the screen which looks a bit like a „T“. As far as I remember, I‘ve seen that in each race this year. The other intake on top of the aeroscreen is just for hot conditions, that is right.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jusk

Ah, right - I get you now, thanks. Well that part is modelled, though it does maybe have a slightly more curved/deep profile in real life.
    Screenshot 2023-08-07 172155.jpg

17. Rubinhofan

Rubinhofan New Member

Ah, ok. I didn‘t see it. :) Maybe, it is really too flat.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dylan R Coyle

Dylan R Coyle New Member

Been using this mod for a while. Amazing work. This is no small feat!

Question though. Can you create a custom championship with a mix of short ovals, speedways and road courses where the game automatically changes the aero kit based on the track? I tried but it loaded up a short oval kit at Adelaide.

19. drummerJ99

drummerJ99 New Member

Just bought the game over the weekend, first thing I downloaded was this mod. Have to say after only a few races, I'm really liking it. Now if we could get just the full IndyCar schedule of tracks. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. jusk

Not sure tbh - would have thought it should work, but it wasn't an area of focus for testing. Will look into it though - thanks for highlighting.