1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indycar 2023 Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by MartinezLJ, May 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Are we able to override the driver suits on this mod?

2. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably... I don't see why not, but haven't tried it. We might look at adding suits to the next update of the mod if time allows.

3. jusk

This is a small patch to fix the missing sounds issue occurring since the latest Reiza release:
    INDYCAR_2023_2.0_Sound_Update_Hotfix

[Edit: ]And here's another small patch to fix the weird red T pit crew issues occurring since the latest Reiza release:
    INDYCAR_2023_2.0_Pitcrew_patch

Also here's the optional transparent aeroscreen pillar patch:
    INDYCAR_TRANSPARENT_PILLAR

If using AMS2CM (recommended), you do not need to extract these. Just activate them in AMS2CM along with the mod.

Thanks to macheerou for putting the sound patch together.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Hopefully they can add the hotfix file to the Race Department download link. It would help make it easier for peeps. Thanks Jusk!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

Oh yeah i wasn't even aware development was still on going for this mod. Updating the mod with all these recent fixes and uploading to RD would give it a much better exposure.

6. jusk

We will with the next update, but if we added it to the main RD download now, we'd basically be asking people to re-download the entire mod (~600mb) to add a 70kb patch.

We are starting the process of dusting this off though to add some (previously teased) bells and whistles (and helmets :D), so that will give us an opportunity to include the sound fix.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 005104.png

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

niiice. It could also be an opportunity to match the mod to the Reiza cars performance-wise. I read somewhere that the Reiza ones were setting more accurate track times.

8. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

You’d think reiza wouod release the ir18 now that msg has been cancelled. I’m sure iracing doesn’t have an exclusive

9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They'd still need the license and if they just released it as a non licensed car they could piss IndyCar off and also make their already in game modern IndyCar redundant and useless.

10. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

So what was the plan when they were going to last year, they had a license then? Or was it just to piss indy car off then or msg? As for the current wannabe Indy car, replacing that with the real car, everyone would come aboard, car is missing a lot from the real deal. Your argument makes no sense as there is the Ir18 modded car currently, wouldn’t/doesn’t that take away now from the , what’s it called Formula usa 23

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They were going to release the F-USA in 2022 IIRC, but MSG got angry that the model looked too much like the IR-18. Then Reiza got the Indianapolis license and shelved the car until they made the car which is currently in the game

12. Brett Nagle

They were going to release the IR18 as FUSA22 without a license. IndyCar reached out to Reiza shortly after they teased it for official licensing talk which was unexpected at the time. Ultimately the talks on the IR18 license fell through, likely due to the MSG agreement, but Reiza got the Indianapolis track license out of their revamped license talks with IndyCar.

Reiza then decided at the same time to shelve the the modern FUSA, until it released as what we have today. The changes that it saw were likely to avoid stepping on IndyCars toes since as I already stated Reiza did get Indianapolis license from them during their IR18 license talks so pissing off the license holder after you just cut a deal with them and when you want to have possible future deals with them would be a obviously bad idea.

In terms of the mod that wasn't Reiza work or decision. Do I think it makes the FUSA23 feel redundant and less attractive? Yes, but Reiza are pretty hands off with the modding community so I don't know why you're thinking they have anything to do with the IR18 mod.

13. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

They can license the car through Dallara. As far as the modded ir18, doesn’t Reiza have a say what mods are run on their platform

14. Rober

Rober Member

Not really because this is not a platform, this is a closed game where modding just happens. Of course Reiza could make it a lot more difficult if they wanted.

15. Brett Nagle

I feel like you're making assumptions without knowing the full context/history of this topic or even understanding what I said in my last post, because I explained it all already. Just because Dallara is the chassis provider of the IR18 doesn't mean Reiza can just bypass IndyCar and license the whole car through Dallara.

If Reiza could they'd have the IR18 officially licensed, but their deal with IndyCar fell through. Maybe they are waiting on the hybrid IndyCar to begin license talks again, but as of now the IR18 isn't happening.

As I said already Reiza is hands off with the modded stuff. Look at all the ripped stuff from PC2. They don't condone ripped content being promoted or posted here, but they also are not wasting time trying to stop people. Same goes for the IR18 mod. They are not stopping people from modding the game. It's a free mod so there is very little that could be done to stop it.

16. jusk

Hey guys, there are plenty of other threads to discuss Reiza's cars and speculate about licensing o_O

Re: the first point - we will not be trying to make the performance of this mod match that of the F-USA23, as (nice though it is) F-USA23 is a fictional formula :).

• Like Like x 3
  17. bensrac32

bensrac32 New Member

The 3d model needs a good, good, good revamp. From the cockpit view it looks like if you drew the cockpit from memory. A lot of flaws, wrong measures etc. I always recommend to follow a blueprint when you 3d model :/

As I don't have any hope Reiza will update their IR18 (although they said it was saved so who knows) this mod is the only hope to have a good IR18 in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jusk

Hey no worries dude, I'll process your refund o_O

Joking aside, re: the model (and any other aspect of the mod) - feedback is always welcome - if you have any measurements, blueprints, or screenshots of whatever looks wrong, feel free to share.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. bensrac32

bensrac32 New Member

Here you have two good reference images from their website. They are enough for good quality modeling.

And also the rulebook pdf where there are some datas and images.

https://epaddock.indycar.com/docs/default-source/rules-regulations-and-policies/indycar_rulebook.pdf

And some comparisons with onboard and cockpit cameras

judge yourself

20. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I got CM to install/use the car mod. But I can not get CM to accept the sound and pillar files.

When I drag and drop those two files, they will not drop/go into the Enabled Mod folder. Is there a limit on CM mod quantities?

EDIT FIXED: The files drag and drop directly into CM and that works no problem.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1