1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indycar 2023 Mod

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by MartinezLJ, May 30, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Sawman

Sawman New Member

Oh that was you?! I was assuming that subreddit wasn't used much lol, but no not yet, I was waiting to see if it was a server issue on ams2 side since the regular content didn't work either. But since that doesn't seem to be the case I'll go ahead and do that and have my friend do the same

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sawman

Sawman New Member

Okay this is the weirdest thing I've encountered while modding in a while.. if you don't have the answer I get it because I'm more than confused.. so I verified everything, made sure I installed everything correctly. And once again, indycar works in single player but not online. My friend also pointed out we can't start a custom championship offline either with the mod enabled. When we disable the mod and bootfiles using JSGME, everything works. Once we activate it, crash on online and custom championships only.

3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i would suggest installing mods using the content manager, not jsgme, as that works a lot quicker and easier.

not sure as well but i think with JSGME you currently don't need bootfiles anymore as well, but not 100% sure about that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sawman

Sawman New Member

I was under the impression the bootfiles had to be loaded for the physics, but I'll try without it. But i appreciate the help, I'll give it a fresh go using content manager instead when I get back. It's just so odd, especially now that I know custom championships don't work, as far as I know that's offline which throws my sever theory out the window. And with the mod working perfectly in singleplayer, I don't think it's the mod directly. Especially because this would be a more commonplace issue if it was.

5. Sawman

Sawman New Member

Hey just decided to update here in case anyone in the future has similar issues. I removed all the mods then did a fresh install using content manager instead of JSGME. Infinitely easier and works like a charm now. Thanks for your help Roy!

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

my pleasure mate, glad you have it sorted, enjoy it!

7. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only a few months late (;)) - a final major update for the 2023 IndyCar season is ready to go. This fixes a few broken things, adds lots of new things and updates some other things to better reflect the second half of the 2023 season.

Get it here on Overtake.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 220800.png Uploadv22_1.jpg Uploadv22_3.jpg Uploadv22_2.jpg

Install instructions:
    • We recommend using AMS2CM to install (follow their instructions)
    • Uninstall/delete any older versions of the mod first
    • Should also work fine with JSGME or manual extraction install methods
    Changelog:
    • Incorporates patches previously released for sound and pitcrew issues, and optional transparent aeroscreen pillar.
    • Many new liveries (up to four liveries per car across road, short oval, speedway and super speedway variants - now over 70 in total)
    • Full set of 38 driver helmet skins
    • New helmet model with animated ventilation hose
    • New fourth unique steering wheel (MPI used by Chip Ganassi Racing)
    • Now with two unique engines (Honda/Chevy)
    • Now with two 'MyTeam' cars (one Honda/one Chevy)
    • Custom AI file updated to reflect overall season performance
    • Revised default setups
    • Colour-coordinated driver suits & gloves
    • Full set of new menu preview images (122 unique variants)
    Notes/known issues:
    • As always, the feel/performance/behaviour of this mod is significantly influenced by the underlying game from Reiza. It may change with (or be broken by) future game updates. This is beyond our control. It is unlikely that we will update the mod any further until after the next major AMS2 release (1.6).
    • AI behaviour on ovals is far from perfect. This may change/improve with time as Reiza do further work on it.
    Recommended AI opponent configs:
    • Medium aggression (used for most testing/calibration)
    • Indianapolis oval: run max (31) opponents
    • Road/street courses: run 27 opponents (or 26 if you intend to replace a real driver)
    • Other ovals: run 28 opponents (or 27 if you intend to replace a real driver)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 10
  8. Malaman

Malaman New Member

I must say that the handling in Indianapolis now is on par with the IR-18 from iRacing. I finally feel like I'm in control of the car.

Great update to an already awesome mod, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Oh my... I did not expect this until 1.6 at least. I can't test it until Friday but I know what to expect, this is a top quality mod, the best package we have in the community and the changelog shows even some more improvements! Thank you guys :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Rike Prestes

Rike Prestes New Member

Hello everybody.
    Anybody knows how insall this mod on linux? The ACM GUI doesnt work and I use the JSGME. Any suggestion ? Thank you guys

11. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Content manager has a cli version that runs well with wine. You can also use jsgme, there should be a text file in the mod dirs with the records to add in driveline, vehiclelist etc (I am in a phone now, cannot check exactly where). But the CLI version of CM does the trick, look at the CM github page.

12. Rike Prestes

Rike Prestes New Member

Thanks dude.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
  13. Claiton Rocha

Claiton Rocha New Member

I create a tutorial on Github using bottle.

• Like Like x 1