1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I've noticed that since the tyre update even the fast guys can be 5-6 seconds slower at Bathurst early in a session... Maybe this is due to hard tyres on high fuel tanks, but I didn't think the AI varied that much in terms of set up...

I've been toying with the AI for the SuperV8s for my own install and have found top rated drivers in qualifying_skill to be far off the pace in practice... I need to run longer races to judge the AI properly but it seems the race_skill works as intended...

2. Aaron Green

Aaron Green Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afternoon,
    I feel like im losing the plot here, i've created a GT1 grid however when i load up the game it uses several drivers twice. I've checked, double checked and triple checked all paths, and they are all correct. Is there any reason why the game would choose to fill out a grid with double AI of the same name?

3. Erik G

Erik G New Member

Did you check that there are enough original teams for the number of AI cars you run?

4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Have a custom grid for GT 1, too, and it works.

The only issue I see is that the game loads the player's livery twice when using custom AI. So, you gotta mark out the entry for your car in order to avoid that. But all other cars just appear once in race.

If you have many double liveries, you either loaded a higher number of opponents as available in your custom file or there is some kind of syntax error.

5. Aaron Green

Hi, thanks for the response. There are 3 x 10 teams, so I've only put down 29 opponents. I not too worried about my chosen car showing up twice, but I'm getting 2 to 3 double AI's. I'll have another look when I'm by the computer next but I really can't see anything wrong with the paths unfortunately... Unless I've developed a blind spot to the issue!

6. Aaron Green

Can you share your custom file? Are there meant to be reserve drivers? I've basically done it bit by bit with each team, i'll select only the mercs and do 9 AI versus me, then i'll select only the porsche, then only the mclarens, and the computer selects multiple duplicate AI names for each manufacturer. I honestly am not sure where im going wrong with these files. Did Reiza say they were going to implement a driver editor at some point? If so i'll hang fire on doing this as i feel like im going round and round in circles here.

7. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You gotta fill in your car/ driver names.

Attached Files:

• GT1.xml
      File size:
      18.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
  8. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

I'm still going crazy with custom AI + custom livery. If you use stock livery, I understand that you have to check livery names because if you have some problems (eg. double livery/non custom grid) the problem is quite always here.

But if you use custom skin I have got quite always double player livery (eg. the grid is 10-single class cars, you select 9 opponents but you find a grid with 10 cars but a double livery - the player and an AI). I said quite always because results change each time you load a race (eg. the car that double your livery change).

How can I solve that problem? I found a bizzare solution:
    1) if you want a (eg) 10 cars grid, just remove your car from the .xml class file (eg. Group C.xml). So, you will have a 9 cars class.
    2) In game select you preferred livery (the one that you delete in the previous step) and select 9 opponents
    3) A 10-cars grid of the class will be displayed, and your livery car will not be doubled.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As described on other places earlier in the forum, That is the way it has to been done,
    The single player warns for double liveries, In public lobbies people can choose double skins
    @gian Perhaps you can add this information to the original post, a lot of people don't seem to know this

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sparviero

Sparviero Member

Yes, I didn't find the tips in the forum, so I post it. However, it is a problem linked to the use of custom liveries+custom AI, with just stock liveries you don't need to delete your car from the class file.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you only want certain Stock liveries, for example, only two McLarens in F-V10-Gen1, or a certain amount of each class in a multi-class race, you need to act the same way, create an xml file (for each class) with the stock livery names, and leave the cars you don't want and your own car out, and select the amount of AI that is the same as left in the xml files

12. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for reporting. THere was indeed a bug with Super V8 AI suspension rates that was causing the laptime and skill issues with Super V8 AI, its now fixed for the upcoming update.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Great to hear!

14. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

If I have a custom AI file from before the latest updates (championship, reliability, incident avoidance, etc) will that AI file still work? Will the new updates apply to the custom AIs as if they weren't custom?

15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They work fine in my case, do keep in mind that not all classes support the vehicle reliability parameter.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, all old files should work fine. Any attributes not detailed in the file default to the underlying (hidden) values for the AI driver in that car slot. From the OP: "Any missing or invalid values are replaced with the original values of the AI driver that would be picked for that car in that event."

• Like Like x 1
  17. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

thanks Jusk! also, your Race Dept files are incredible, thank you :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

So, what is the easiest way to get a file (csv, xls...) with the updated livery names?

Thanks in advance

19. Aaron Green

I've come and gone a bit in regards to AMS 2, have they reached the point where you can select individual cars that you'd like to race against? Or is it only possible to select class only still?

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You can select the classes in multiclass races and the number of AI for each class. If you want to force certain drivers of a class to take part, you gotta edit your custom AI files the right way.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022