1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Why reinvent the wheel? Look for F-HiTech_Gen1.xml & F-HiTech_Gen2.xml in the accompanying archive.

Attached Files:

2. EverlastingApex

EverlastingApex Procedural Career dev

Sweet thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Marg

Marg Active Member

F-HiTech_Gen1.xml and F-HiTech_Gen2.xml

4. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Hitech_Gen1 does not pick up the custom names for me for some reason. Gen 2 works fine. I have checked and rechecked that the car names are correct, but I still get the Generic names. I am using a couple of Override Liveries, but they all show up ok, just the drivers names don't, not one. Any ideas why this could be? Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The names of the 5 new track layouts and the 2 new vehicle classes from the last update were added to the first post of this thread.

For instance, the xml file names of the 2 new vehicle classes are:

F-Hitech_Gen1.xml
    F-Hitech_Gen2.xml

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gplaps

gplaps Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to see the AI parameter values for the default cars? I am curious how the drivers are rated for the hitech cars by default.

7. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Is there somewhere to download a custom AI file for modern F1 cars? Like a file that has all of the current F1 drivers names and all attributes already set so I don't have to go through and do it all myself? Also is there a download for all of the current F1 liveries to give the cars the correct appearance?

8. ControlLogix

ControlLogix Active Member

Figured it out. Downloaded the F1 23 season skins from racedepartment and also used their custom AI file. Had to tweak it a bit which is very easy to do. That skins download is really amazing, great quality.

9. tonaz

tonaz New Member

Hello, i need some advice. I find AI to be too slow.
    So, is there a place where i can download and install faster AI for all the classes?
    I do not understand well how it works (and even IF it is possible to make AI faster), hard to read all 55 pages.
    Thanks for any help in advance!!

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The V12 cars of those classes are terribly slow compared to other models of the pack when driven by AI.
    You can bring them a bit to the front by extremely lowering the strength of the other drivers within a custom AI file, but this makes the whole pack very slow.

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are several packs of Custom AI Files at Racedepartment.
    If you wanna create your own ones, go to page 1 of this thread where you can find the instruction how to do it.

12. tonaz

tonaz New Member

i cannot find nothing about copa classic. i wish there was an AIO solution for every AI class.
    well, ok, nevermind, and thanks.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have my own files, but they are all for livery mods. I also create them manually ("oldschool").
    But there is a tool at RD for creating files that might help you:
    Other - AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility

14. john Ellis

Are you running AI difficulty at 120 and aggression at Max? All the time in all classes? The only way to squeeze more speed from the AI would be to set certain attributes all to 1.0. It’s easily doable but don’t expect dramatic gains in pace over the default Al attributes. I can easily make a full set for the whole sim in 5 minutes, but not sure if it is worth it in this case.

15. john Ellis

Attached is an archive for 100% of AMS2 content, all NAMeS matched as usual, but with race_skill and quali_skill set to 1 for ALL drivers in the sim. Not historically accurate in any way, and Gauss & de Moivre would be appalled, but these files will allow users to turn raw AI pace to 11. ALL other attributes are left at Reiza default values to retain a needed amount of variability (based on consistency, stamina, aggression, etc.) as races unfold.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  16. Andrew Lingard

Andrew Lingard New Member

Evening all, I'm really enjoying playing AMS2 with the historic F1 content but I am having one minor problem when using the F-Classic Gen4 cars. Specifically at the start of races when using the (beautifully authentic) AFry 1991 skinpack and Jusk custom AI file. My issue is where using the AI file both the McLarens of Senna & Berger are really slow off the line? There is no tyre smoke or wheelspin like with AI with really low start reactions. I have adjusted their start reactions to 0.999 and lowered Mansell, Prost etc down to 0.75 but they still absolutely obliterate the McLarens off the line every time. When I removed the AI file and used the generic names, Aires Silva and Gerard Bauer both left the line as well as all the other AI. I cannot see a reason for this in the xml file so was wondering if it maybe a bug?

I'm using AI 100 & Agression medium btw. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  17. john Ellis

As you are comparing two or three separate vehicles within the same class, the differences in start-line performance is most likely a reflection of underlying vehicle, rather than driver, performance. Reiza generic cars, while outstanding in their own right, don’t always correlate 1:1 with the genuine article. Don’t be too surprised if A. Roch likes his V-12 machine in AMS2 more than A. Prost cared for his Ferrari in 1991. In any event, the McLaren was hardly the dominant car across the entirety of the 1991 season.

18. Andrew Lingard

Andrew Lingard New Member

Thanks for the speedy reply. I did think that maybe the McLaren was inherently slower off the line which is why I tried it without custom AI and the slow starts from the McLarens went away. I did only try it three times without the AI file so it's not a huge sample size but it made me think to ask whether it was a known bug.

19. john Ellis

LOL, I think I actually misread your initial post; sounds like the troublesome starting behavior was eliminated when reverting to the default Al attributes. If so, it stands to reason that AMS2 v1.5.3 might force a rethink for custom-AI files to ensure that previous recommended ranges for each attribute are still working as intended … or it’s just a bug.

20. No Insurance

No Insurance New Member

Hey!
    Is there any way I can customize the co-driver A.I?
    When I set a long race (offline) and swap driver with the A.I, the A.I's pace drops compared to mine.
    I've tried to customize the A.I for the car I drive, based on original car livery number and it didn't worked.
    Any ideas? Thanks!