1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for Customizing AI drivers in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by gian, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Eduardo Costa

Eduardo Costa New Member AMS2 Club Member

I've already written in other Posts, it would be exceptional if we could edit the Vehicle_Power and vehicle_torque abilities in pilots. Race Skill makes no difference on the straights, only on the curves. In races with very long straights or ovals, cars of the same model all have the same final speed, it is frustrating to play with the formula ultimate gen2 in Le Mans and see that a Red Bull has enormous difficulty overtaking a Haas, as they have the same straight speed .

I hope it will be implemented in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gian

gian Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

done, its 25-700

• Like Like x 1
  3. macbtz

macbtz Member

I asked at the time but no response.
    I understand that the GT3 and GTE do not yet have a failure rate range as they do not appear on the list. It's right?

4. SchumiSkins

SchumiSkins Member

Hey there,
    In multiclass AI races, it seems like CustomAidrivers files are ignored regarding selecting only cars with a custom driver on it? Is there a way to prevent this somehow?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Current failure time ranges updated for all classes in the OP..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gian

That should work in multiclass as well, as explained in the OP: "to race with a custom grid with only the drivers that you have overriden, you simply start a event in AMS2 with the desired opponent classes and select a number of AI opponents less or equal to the total number of AI drivers that you have overriden for those classes."

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t you also have to put the ai aggression to medium?

8. macbtz

macbtz Member

thank you so much! Now I have it clear.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marg

Marg Active Member

Small note - F-Classic Gen 1-3 should be F-Classic Gen 1-4 (I think Gen4 also was in this range...)

10. Coanda

Fixed & thanks for letting me know..

11. Fbicio

Fbicio New Member

Hi guys, i tried to install the ams2 real drivers names but in the game i see again ams2 names:(
    should i select them somewhere? i think i made things as in instructions
    i extracted the zip file in userdata folder..
    anyone had same problem?
    thx

• Like Like x 1
  12. Georg Flatscher

Georg Flatscher New Member

same here
    custom ai files I used a couple of weeks ago were fine back then and now they don't work anymore, neither the number of cars in class nor the overwritten names o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. vho

vho New Member

Hi guys, after I modded custom AI (without performances, only names) I have one little problem: there is only one driver that is winning, even though the gaps are pretty small. Any idea how to make other drivers more competitive, how to give them chance to win as well?

14. Marg

Marg Active Member

Consistency should be <0.60 (I have this value even for A.Senna just 0.55, worse drivers even 0.25)

15. eKlasik

eKlasik New Member

My first attempt at a custom driver list for LMDh season 23/24.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have multiple drivers per car? Currently names get repeated if you race with a larger grid size than there are names.

Attached Files:

16. maximumcuddles

maximumcuddles New Member

No, it does seem to be broken. The AI driver overrides work fine in single class, and in 'multiclass' mode with only one class selected, but then do not select those drivers only with multiple classes.

It would be great to simply be able to select individual car models within the desired class in single player when making a custom grid, as I believe is possible in hosting a multiplayer session. Even better would be the ability to specify individual car skins as is possible in RaceRoom for instance.

17. NathannW94

NathannW94 New Member

Hi All!

Been lurking here for the last week trying to absorb as much custom AI knowledge as possible. Thought I'd share my thoughts and ask some questions relating to the multiclasss LMDH/GT3mk2 Ai I'm working on.

Goal: I play AMS2 on Steam deck, and over the last week have been working on game settings to create a stable platform+controls for a handheld sim-cade endurance racing experience.

So far it's incredible - I've got the graphics settings dialled in for a stable 40fps in all circumstances (even in rain at night) and have the controls dialled in via the max input settings in steam controls to allow for full control of the car without it being mega twitchy. With some assists, it's a wicked driving experience where you can keep consistent but a lapse in concentration can still cause you big problems. on the Le Mans track I play on an AI level of 115% - currently the ai is setup for the player to drive the LMDH class only (GT3 ai is set up for the pack to spread out to assist in LMDH AI overtaking the GT3 ai.)

GT3 AI findings and questions:

This Ai is set to random settings within a .4 range, to make the pack spread out. as you aren't racing these cars, it's more about creating a wide spread across the track in a 2 or 4 hour race to get that real 'Le Mans' feeling.

The key here has been the blue flag settings - so far all the Ai are set to .15 blue flag conceding. This means the GT3s rarely give up the racing line, and never do that weird 'break in the middle of the corner theres a faster car behind me' behaviour. I've found the LMDH Ai do much better in getting around them with this setting, and as the player it's much easier to predict where the gt3s will be (as is the case in real life).

Question: has anyone else made ai for this purpose? and have they found the same as the above? I'm still testing settings, and it may be the case that a higher blue flag conceding rating may be beneficial in some way.

LMDH Settings Philosophy:

Racing skill: random between .4 and .6. (i.e, in game difficulty at 115 - Ai spread 114-116)
    This allows for a spread of driver quality, reducing the train and meaning there's almost always someone to battle with no matter if I'm having a quick or slow day. Consistency and mistake settings are the key to creating different battle packs throughout the race (I believe anyway!)

I see a lot of people putting .9+ settings for racing skill - but this doesn't make sense to me, as all that means is that at 115 in game difficulty, all drivers will be around the 119/120 mark - am I misunderstanding the way this works?

Quali Skill: not used. Never qualify.

Aggression defending: randomised between .1 and .8. Drivers have clear personalities! you don't want to get on the wrong side of Derani that's for sure.

Stamina: this is set to 1.0 across the board as I was finding the drivers getting much slower as the race progressed on anything less.

Is this placebo? is there something else I'm not aware of slowing down the ai over time? In GTR2 for example the ai would slowly get worse due to unfixed aero damage.

Consistency: between .3 and .6 - this is mostly to change the running order a bit every so often and account for the fact that as I'm on gamepad my consistency is less that of a wheel and pedals.

Start reactions: left at .1 as it isn't hugely relevant for the longer races.

Wet Skill: Randomised between .3 and .6 - I think I saw somewhere that .6 is about the max you'd want for this setting before they get crazy good - is that true?

Tyre Management an fuel management: set between .9 and 1. I didn't want any driver at a huge disadvantage due to fuel and tire wear, as over a long multi pit stop race this would really hinder them.

Blue flag conceding: this is currently as .5, but only due to it not being hugely relevant over a 2 or 4 hour race yet - the LMDH class have never yet got into a position where they lap eachother.

Weather pit: completely random. this has lead to some bold strategy calls from the ai (that sometimes pay off!) - really adds to the excitement of using real weather when you and everyone pits, but the two guys in the lead stay out on slicks as the track gets damper.

both mistake avoidance settings: these are both random between .1 and .3 - I read somewhere that this is how low you need to go to really start seeing more mistakes creep in - and it also helps spread out/randomise the pack over a long race. I've seen drivers spin out from hefty 20+ second leads and end up finishing mid pack with these settings.

Vehicle reliability: standard.

A few more questions:

- AI pit stops - I get the sense that AI always pit for full fuel and tires - is this the case? I've had it before where a race requires one final splash in the last 20 minutes, and the ai seem to still be spending the full 30 or so seconds in the pits?

- your AI co-driver - I never thought I'd say this, but he's too quick! since changing to custom AI I've found my ai co-driver to be a second or so quicker (sometimes 2 seconds quicker) a lap than my custom AI - which is cool when I've made a mistake and want him to take over a stint and remedy my mistake, but has anyone else experience this? I understand that the ai co-driver is now set to the same pace as the ai difficulty you chose in game, so would increasing all the custom AI to .7-.8 remedy this? Dialling in the ai co-driver is key for me to run longer races over a day where I can pick up a few stints in between my ai driver.

Would love to hear anyones thoughts on the above! and thanks everyone for sharing so much knowledge in this forum.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. gian

Ai codriver has a race_skill of 0.9 and cant be overriden by user right now. To remedy you would need at least a few drivers with 0.9 or more race_skill so they can be faster than your aicodriver.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Coanda

gday guys with the new Formula Ultimate Gen2 model coming soon there will be some changes to the Ai roster.. enjoy :)

LIVERY NAME | DRIVER NAME | COUNTRY
    energyX Racing #1 | Marnix Vandusen | NLD
    energyX Racing #6 | Servando Cortez | MEX
    Team Virystone #2 | Pascal Gaston | FRA
    Team Virystone #15 | Ernesto Ochoa | FRA
    Bond G.P. #3 | Alejandro Fernandez | ESP
    Bond G.P. #5 | Lawrence Scott | CAN
    DNA-US #4 | Magnus Kruse | DNK
    DNA-US #7 | Nicolas Hubner | DEU
    Starward G.P. #9 | Lawrence Newton | GBR
    Starward G.P. #18 | Gregory Reynolds | GBR
    Zir-Win Motorsport #17 | Zhang Chiu | CHN