Is it possible to restore a replay .tmp file to a valid .vcr?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Luciano Santos Filho, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Luciano Santos Filho

Luciano Santos Filho Active Member

Hi,

Ok, so I was simulating SUZUKA 1000km offline, combining 2 mods, a GT500 and a set of GT300 skins for EEC mod. 40 cars, 2 classes. Not perfect, but fun enough. Having a great time, almost 6 hours trough, the sun was setting as the race was near over, cars had their headlights on, AMS doing a nice job, everything so beautiful, now the checkered flag is out… and then BANG! Game crashed.

I would like to review some parts of the race, but all I have is a _vcr3942386840.tmp file in the replay directory. Tried to google, checked some rfactor resources, but did not find a way to restore this thing. Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance.

2. Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde MotherDawg

Reviving an old thread... SORRY!

To answer the question, on a huge piece of work, rF1 had CTDed on me an the .TMP is the only thing I had left. a .VCR is compressed. A .TMP is not but it is a valid file. I remember making a copy of it first... I had to find a solution, hours of unsaved work... dumb! I just renamed the copy to .VCR and it did open... in rF. I properly resaved it right away.

It would be nice if someone could relate succeeding at... well... just tested it, Work well in AMS too.

rFactor 1 - YouTube

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1