1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Rf2 trying to be like AMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is Rf2 aiming to be more like AMS?

Anyone who’s anyone in SIMRACING, must of tried the new USF2000 in rf2. As others have noticed and myself, how bloody close it is too AMS f3 car. Is this pure coincidence or is S397 bar - to beat is, AMS physics?

If thats the case well done Reiza you have set the new sim benchmark. On the other hand if they can make all RF2 cars similar to AMS quality polish and physics, rf2 could be king again!?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I will go back when they get DX11 up and running. rF2 physics and FFB was always exceptional... rF2 just needed a group that wanted to take the time to create a great car feel and not just rely on the numbers.

Perhaps Niels is working with them too?

:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're not the first person to notice the similarity between the rF2 USF2000 and the AMS F3. S397 have done a great job on it. For once the tyres on an rF2 car actually have some bloody mechanical grip, combined with a really nice default setup which I think gives it the similarity in feel to the F3.

I really hope this is the direction forward for their content (compared to some truly woeful rF2 vehicles and their undriveable defaults) , and given the almost universal acclaim the USF2000 is gaining, maybe it will be.

To be honest, I spent a week swapping between rF2 and AMS and when in AMS the only things I really miss from rF2 are the sublime AI and the HDR lighting. AMS just seems to hang together better as a consistent and enjoyable package despite rF2's under the bonnet technical superiority.

Hopefully there are great things ahead for both AMS and rF2 in 2017.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Msportdan

again tpw that would of been my words exactly! Put rf2 ai into AMS or AMS physics and polish into Rf2, and you have two of the best sims we will probably see in our lifetime!

Yet on another point I'm surprised we haven't seen some sort of collaboration between Reiza, ISI and S397.. actually thinking about it I'm really surprised.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe the cars in real life are just close.....? :rolleyes:

6. Msportdan

dont need no caster fix for that new car or any in ams.. just saying? :)

7. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

Love the USF2000, hope we see the entire road to indy eventually. It's been a while since I took the F3's for a spin since I've been enjoying the Caterhams so much in AMS lately but I remember it as more planted/more downforce? Will have to take it for a spin.

8. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think 397 will be raising the bar when their up an running , if only Reiza would join forces with them that would be a killer sim !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

This!

But we know will never happen...and this is ok for me, if they can add some pepper on future of simracing market is a good thing for us...

If rF2 team wants to reach Reiza products quality as main score, well it is ok for me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Msportdan

I wonder the reason behind using the rf1 tyre model still (in rf2), is down to the success of AMS and the fact its still can be a good model under the right people?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Studios competing at this level of Simulation could be a great thing; then again, so can working together. Both ways can improve quality, the other tends to improve price. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. David Dominguez

David Dominguez Member AMS2 Club Member

I think some of you guys should start to think if maybe it's not that rF2 changed, but just the way the car is irl...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Oh sure - take the obvious path. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I tend to agree to that, although the USF2000 is the first rF2 stock content car that feels great to me on my G25 without ever needing to adjust anything. On most car I cannot feel the rear at all, even after tinkering with the FFB settings, so I'm thinking maybe there is some magic happening behind the scenes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with @Gringo when DX11 is available I will give it another go.

I think it is going to be hard though for 397 to make a success of this. A lot of the things that need improving (user interface, graphics, inconsistent car/track quality) are things that people already think they paid for in the core game. Unless 397 can find some super compelling content that we will all pay for I don't see where they will get the money from.

16. David Dominguez

David Dominguez Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it's just that it has only 170hp and slicks... that helps a lot to get the perception of having better mechanical grip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rodent

Rodent Member AMS2 Club Member

That, and it has a very drive-able default setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Meh some lifetime owners are a pain, they are the ones that will complain when S397 adds paid content to sustain the system and bring improvements, these guys want all future stuff to appear like magic lol
    I hope S397 won't be intimidated by those guys at all, I also own a lifetime license, but I think they should drop this system and whatever they do now be the same for everyone as the game is under a new ownership

19. Msportdan

I think they have alot of work to do. How much I think they can change I dunno. Maybe were expecting too much.

don't think they can do miracles.

20. Msportdan

nah the whole ffb feels different. Unlike all the other cars this one feels miles better on low down wheels like my cheap ass t300 get lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1