1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Rf2 trying to be like AMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

I love how the car being driven in the video goes from the far left hand side of the track (right hand corner) all the way to almost the inner apex while the driver is barely turning the wheel...I'm being sarcastic.

Cars still want to keep turning and turning, sharper and sharper seemingly on their own, while rear rotation doesn't make the rear of the car rotate relative to the direction of travel so much as it simply makes the car turn-in more and more sharply. It's sad, and also frustrating for a die-hard racing and simracing fan that this 15-20 year old ISI engine anomaly, as well as others, are still present to this day all throughout any game based on the ISI engine including ISI's newest iteration (RF2 engine). It's drastically different than reality and honestly painful to watch.

Nevermind DX11, more cars, more tracks, etc. We need to go back to the Live For Speed, Netkar Pro, Richard Burns Rally/Drivers Republic etc. days when devs were obsessed with physics engine work.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

is this down to ffb, and poor self aligning forces?

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I think you raise a valid point; many suggest that physics and FFB are very separate things when in fact, each is greatly influenced by the other.

4. Bkim

Bkim Member AMS2 Club Member

"Is rF2 trying to be like AMS"
    Personally i do not think they can and their focus is totally different from Reiza's focus. Example: Marcel is going for DX11 (i do not care about the DX9 or DX 11), Reiza is going for a new turbo model which upgrades the turbo model from being linear model to a dynamic model. Difference between Studio whatever and Reiza: Reiza does no draw attention of the young graphics junkies playing Pcars 2 / F1 2017 because it lookds so good. Marcel tries to draw their attention. Focus is on a different level.
    Since ISI is gone rF2 is gone for me. Reiza is the only dev i believe in. Why? They develop with their heart. Marcel is looking for money

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

The most stupid reply I can read on years I am on simracing forums...
    S397 are moving to DX11 in order to improve and save a product plagued by bad performance (graphic side) and unfinished features...moving to DX11 was the best move in order to have better performance (in the long run, we need to wait for more updates) and new features (like better rain, VR, etc).
    On the other side, Reiza is working hard to improve the main code adding new features but even Reiza will move to a better engine with their next title even if they will continue to improve the physics or the simulation overall...the same are doing S397 taking rF2 from ISI...so basically your point is stupid and with no respect for the others work...

You act like a troll in my opinion...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that's a lot of bull**** xD
    They updated the tire model to fix a issue with high speed grip (physics)
    DX11 is not for eye candy only, it is for performance in part due to removing graphic features from processor to graphic cards and also for VR (graphics and long requested feature). And what will you say when Reiza shift their focus to a new graphic engine in their next title? lol
    There is a modern F1 car licensed that will develop the hybrid systems (physics)
    If Marcell was looking purelly for money he'd not be developing a sim :D especially rF2 being the mess it is since ISI days. I mean seriously why someone that funded a company like Luminis would try to make money in simracing? He'd have higher chances of this by mining bitcoins LOL
    Please if you want to be a hater of something at least try to make sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nate

nate New Member AMS2 Club Member

Making the online portion of the game free for everyone instead of the heinous subscription model rF2 previously used just reeks of corporate greed, doesnt it? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spin

Spin Active Member

Well you can feel it with FFB but it's not due to FFB as it occurs regardless of wheel, or regardless of even if you use a wheel at all, it's a direct part of the physics engine.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it has something to do with mass/momentum/inertia. It's not just on entry either, but on exit during rear slip. It's something to do with how the mass of a vehicle rotates relative to the vehicle's direction of travel / trajectory (off-throttle and on-throttle oversteer) and, also, something regarding the slowing down and the speeding up of how the mass rotates, slows down and stops it's rotation, and begins rotating back the other direction (more-so on-throttle oversteer).

Reiza have made some slight improvements to this, as well as some throttle torque stuff - both of which I have been saying for years are quite off in the ISI physics engine (from at least F1 2002 to today) - so I thank them for at-least.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls people keep discussion civilised. Any personal arguments - there are private messages.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Please delete my posts, you are right no reason to start a fight here...:)

• Agree Agree x 1