1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've created an advanced random combo generator to help some of us to enjoy AMS2 more

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Manohy, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, they couldn't. It's actually laughable that someone doesn't even realise the design and analysis requirements for what on the surface appears to be "simple", but actually isn't.
    Why don't you do it and prove how good you are instead of invoking "someone". oh, that's right, you couldn't because you can't.

The app is a great idea. It's been on my todo list to make one, but other projects take priority so great to see someone did it.

Ignore the hater/cheapo replies on this thread. That old meme "the customer is always right" is actually total bull**** - more especially so when someone isn't even a customer.

I'd raise the price to $15 and add more features to make it more useable for people that see the value in it. That way you automatically filter out the low-end who are not worth supporting (or even talking to tbh) and focus on people that resonate with the product and find value in it. Price is the perfect filter to do this. You can always go down if you need to, difficult to go up unless you add significant real value beyond what the current offering is.

It's a small market, but at least you are helping people make more productive use of their limited time and thereby have a better play experience.

If in the end it doesn't seem viable you can always go open source, and try the github supporter route.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Anyone could. All it is is applying values to a random number generator. It's not an accomplishment. I'm not the kind of person who thinks it's a worthwhile endeavor to charge big shekels for something that can be cobbled together in minutes, and that has no useful purpose. I can't say it surprises me that that sort of thing is right up your alley, though.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Paul Cohen

Do it 5 minutes bright boy. You seem a little bitter and twisted someone else would though. I guess you are the kind of dweeb who thinks all software should be free.

I'm not a fan of the apps design, and it has some UX issues in addition to being a little limited, but to design and develop something like that does take some effort. I might just do it as my next project, but unlike you I have a pretty good idea of what it would take to produce a nice app that could do the job. In fact I've already specified what I'd like in an app like that and it's a far bigger job than 5 minutes in python with a RNGod.

So clueless.

It's dweebs like you who post client jobs with a dismissive little "it's a simple job, should only take you 5 minutes" with a **** budget and have no idea of what's involved. You are literally the "client from hell" defined.

But someone of your skill and intelligence could no doubt do it in 5 minutes.
    *rolling my eyes*

Clock is now running, waiting for the download link. Thanks!

4. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

No. I'm not your dancing monkey. To anyone who's interested, this link showcases how all anyone has to do is copy and paste values into Python's RNG. That's literally all there is to it.

Random Number Generator in Python | Examples of Random Number

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Paul Cohen

All talk no action. Typical loudmouth.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

That's not what yo' momma said.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Paul Cohen

Come on big boy, give us a clone of the app that replicates its current functionality.
    You have 5 minutes.

8. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Yo' momma keepin' me too busy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Paul Cohen

Can't do it. Thought so. FOS.

Lame jokes too. Stupid yoma jokes don't translate out of the US fyi.

10. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

Again, not what yo' momma said.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Paul Cohen

My mothers dead, but thanks anyway for the "joke".
    haha. ur real funny guy.

I'll be waiting for your app, genius.

12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Uh...i can do this in 2 hours in Ms access or en php, but I do not want to ;)
    There is a price, buy or leave. Without biting the jugular

;) It would be nice to be able to call the game with switch /MODE /CAR /TRACK that would be useful with this program

AMS2.exe /TT /SPRINTRACE /ADELAIDE

13. Paul Cohen

Oh god, another one.

Do it then, quite talking about it.
    Remember, it has to be a functionally equivalent downloadable app.

Waiting.

If I had a $1 for every lameass developer who said "I could do X in Y" I really would be a ****ing millionaire. With another million for the lame excuses of "I could do it but don't want to because blah blah blah".

The difference between you lame ass devs (script kiddies is probably more accurate) and the OP is they got of their ass and actually made something and deployed it - whether it's good or bad is irrelevant tbh.
    All you can do is big talk about it. Huuuuuuuuge difference.

Pro Tip: Development includes a lot more than what you see.

14. Beccobunsen

Uh...you are to agressive for my taste..., I develop boring invoice system in Msaccess (yes I now kill me, if boss say jump, you jump) and web app (laravel,django), im not c++ or assembler developer, and yes random list from a db is not nuclear reaction. If your read the post instead of go beast mode, I was just saying that he is free to sell the app at the price he likes.
    Case closed mister nice man.

15. Paul Cohen

Excuse me?

I didn't say "Uh...i can do this in 2 hours in Ms access or en php, but I do not want to "

A working app is far more than just the surface impression of a random list selector.
    Even you should know that. I don't even like the app in its current form, but hats off to the dev for doing something that can be developed from. Little jealous bitchy statements about how it can developed in 5 minutes or 2 hours just make you look small, because they are completely unrealistic assessments when you take into consideration all the investigation, analysis, design, development, test, deployment, license, and payment aspects of making a sellable product.

So yeah, call me aggressive for calling out bs.

16. Beccobunsen

Is a pyhton relative joke for languages that are not commonly used for desktop apps.
    This days people are too serius, too hangry, too springy.

I feel like the guy stabbed in the back to separate two people fighting. I'm out

17. Paul Cohen

If you were joking I sincerely apologise. It's hard to tell when I've seen so many devs claim things like that.

If you weren't joking, then I don't apologise for anything:whistle:

18. Manohy

Manohy Member

Hello guys.
    I hope you're doing well. I would like to apologize for not coming to this thread frequently. I was busy doing some stuffs ( job and working on this app). For people saying that it's a 2 hours job, i respect your way of thinking and i will not argue with that. I've learn many things in life and not spending energy where it doesn't deserve it is a big part of them. For those who understand the amount of work involved behind it like programming, design, data collection,data analysis, data processing, hundreds of manual calculations, hours of testing, etc . I wish to say "Thank you".

Anyway , I've learn to listen also so...good news!!!!.... For those who would like to use the app that find it expensive, I've readjusted the price by separating it to 3 apps for 3 sims AMS2,RRRE and ACC. For those who have some difficulty to figure out what is it for, I've updated the description to make it more straightforward.

For the skepticals, let me assure you that since the release the app got a bunch of support from the community :) ya know what i mean....Waiting for the day i will be able to create such app in 2 hours...I would not waste my time with it if it doesn't have utility or interest from the community and some market value to sustain itself.

Link to the app Improve you simracing experience with Racecombo for AMS2,ACC and RRRE
    Best regards.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1