1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy's latest AMS2 review

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by farcar, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I think he hits "AMS2 grass" there. Well not grass per se, but...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Laurie Howard

Laurie Howard New Member

Physics, car handling, feedback in the wheel all vary in real life from car to car, even using a different tyre manufacturer or being a cold day. This myth of predicable handling, or jump in and instantly feel confident in the car or and it does "what I expect" doesn't exist in real life. Just listen to post race interviews of any motorsport and you'll hear common phrases like "I didn't get any feel from my 2nd set of tyres", "my car came alive in the 3rd stint", "I didn't have grip all weekend" etc. etc.

And this is what I love and "hate" in AMS2. In any other racing sim game (expect iracing) I can set up the car do a long race and lap the same lap after lap after lap after lap. In Ams2 I might be lucky to get 3 laps before I feel a change or I run off line into the marbles and get dirty tyres for a corner or two, or think I can push a bit but the tyre grip isn't quite there any more and I spin, or start a stint in the day and have the same tyres as the track cools at night and have to change things on the fly etc.

For me that is racing, even trips to my local indoor kart track in the winter versus the summer makes a massive difference on how to drive, the grip, the feel and the confidence you have in the kart.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I've been saying this for months, ingame damper is broken.which wheel do you have? I'm on SC2 Sport. btw, Simracing604 also said that in today's video, here

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I think this topic has run its course - feedback on the game itself can be directed to the appropriate topics, and comments about an Youtube video is best left at the source moving forward if you are going to be bothered. My personal advice however is that you don’t be - life is too short to be concerned about what an youtuber has to say on a game.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.