1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest AMD driver 22.5.2 too dark

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by ZolaLegend, May 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Steam files just delivered and installed 1.3.7.1 update and the problem is gone so it was a Reiza problem.
    again, sorry but I really dont get this AMD emotional bashing with RADEON drivers supposedly continuous problems

2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

You are right... And I'm glad to hear it's resolved.
    Turns out the few problems I ran into were not driver related, but caused by Radeon Software the whole time. From it corrupting drivers(?!) Not "remembering" settings, fan curve constantly resetting, and the info overlay causing instability... As said before, I have long since binned this abomination of a UI, and I now install driver only via device manager.

Considering I got my Aorus 5700xt at an insanely low price, the value/performance is fantastic.
    I'm glad AMD exists, without them Intel and Nvidia would be even more insufferable than they already are...

3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Sure
    But I also don’t experience these UI issues

actually I quite enjoy the richness of features never had issues with it erasing settings on my rx480 then Vega 64 and now both 6600xt and 6700xt I own in my 2 rigs

only drivers crashed I have had is me pushing UVing or OCing to the extreme potential of my cards to be honest

I don’t know if it has anything to do with that and that might not be your case but I am on AMD CPU platforms on both with a b450 and 3500x on first rig and b550 and 3700x

I do always DDU old drivers before new full install and also ensure the AM4 chipsets are up to date

Honestly no trouble here

and when I look at NVIDIA UI so outdated from overall feature environment I don’t regret my choice

but again I appreciate other people mileage may vary

• Like Like x 1
  4. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

That seems to be the exact problem that has persisted with them... There's an enormous delta in what's getting reported, ranging from the PC going nuclear to zero issues ever.
    I've tried everything from Buddhist rituals, to trying to appease the sun-gods updating bios', re-installing windows the whole shebang.
    There is some conflict that persists somewhere, maybe I'll try again once I go Windows 11, might well solve it.
    What I really want is for Intel to take the best of both worlds, combine it in a product that sits just under the established flagships, for half the price.
    Should be happening this year, we'll see...
    Problem is even if they somehow manage to undercut in price, there's the supply chain issue. It'll sell out in the blink of an eye.

5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Just tried it. Nothing changed. The textures are still way too dark in the shadows, it is exactly the same. I installed previous build and reinstalled current build to be sure it updated.

Are you sure you have AMD 22.5.2 installed?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

you can guess I would not have participated to the discussion if I wasn't on latest AMD drivers:rolleyes:

anyway several screenshots of Kansai track at 4PM Clear weather. I reset my Reshade to Default for this, so it doesn't apply any shaders tweaks in order to match the Game stock

Attached Files:

7. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

ams2avx-2022-06-05-19-29-44-jpeg.20960 still shows black textures, I think if you installed the previous version of the amd driver it would look different.

I would be highly surprised this was fixed by an AMS2 update, since there was no mention whatsoever in the patchnotes.

8. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It must be the AMD driver because it is the same for me. If I use the 22.5.1 version again everything is ok again, but with the 22.5.2 version the shadows are much too black and the car is almost black on the shadow side. Even in the paint selection showroom this can already be seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

20220605133036_1.jpg 20220605133816_1.jpg

Top is AMD 25.5.1 Bottom 25.5.2

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend New Member

whos emotional and bashing AMD?

Seriously go to the starting grid at kansai at 16:00, sunny day, the stands put all of the cars in shadow and its really noticeable. Post that pic.

11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

on the pic you are mentioning, I was not able to see the FANTEC logo on the banners sitting in side of the pit alley. and the Leaderboard pole you see at the Pit exit was totally black until the AMS2 release was formally rolled out.
    that's my experience of AMD GPU User on 2 different systems.
    and sorry to insist but no issues to report in other Sims with this AMD driver

12. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

The concrete walls on your picture are completely black. Look at my pictures. They should not be black. Try for yourself, rollback to 22.5.1 it will look different.

Also: you can't read the numbers of the garages in your picture. You can in mine. Same time of day.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  13. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend New Member

Kansai 16:00 sunny, on the grid
    AMD driver 22.5.2
    kansai 1600.jpg

AMS2 build
    upload_2022-6-6_10-9-7.png

Thats way too black.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ZolaLegend

ZolaLegend New Member

Please post the picture like above, I am tired of reinstalling this driver back n forth.

15. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok so I updated my AMD driver (Not adrenaline) and it was indeed dark so I've just rolled back and all is fine again. The 22.5 is the adrenaline software number as the driver numbers are different to that but yes there is definitely a problem with the latest driver.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. theF1man

theF1man Member

Thank god i thought my new 6800 was on the brink of dying, I hope AMD can fix this issue or if please can someone at Reiza let AMD developers know there is a issue with the drivers with this sim

EDIT: Ive sent a report bug to AMD and a link to this forum, hopefully they see it, fingers crossed

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Living with the Adrenalin 22.5.2 darkness for 1 month now. Did early report, hope tomorrow will be a driver update. It also has problems in starting up VR in my Reverb G2s Mixed Reality Portal.
    • Like 5 of 10 times there is no picture at all (but displays are on)
    • 4 times its flickering like in 60 Hz mode (very strobo like effect, unusable for gaming - u must look away instantly)
    • 1 of 10 times the picture is normal at 90Hz. Known issue, many reported that.
    Reason for keeping that driver, noticable benefits while streaming in OBS, flying VR in DCS World (every fps counts there - thnx to OpenFSR its usable again) aswell as MSFS2020.
    No dark shadow issue on last mentioned games.

18. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested the "amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.2-minimalsetup-220617_web" but also the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Waiting for an amd update 22.5.3 ... meanwhile my fellow driver Alex Zaf. told me, he is not using adrenaline software, only installs the drivers and has no issues with dark display.
    Anybody else tested this? I'm shortly infront of a race, cannot mess with drivers now. ty

• Like Like x 1
  20. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I don't use the software but have the latest graphics driver and it's fine my end.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1