Logitech G29 centering issue.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by choi, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

Tomorrow I will share a trace file, thanks!

Honestly I am running G Hub ver 2020.9.3374 because that was the software to download through Logi G29 web page when I moved to the G29.

Is 9.02.65 the last version of LGS?

I mean, really if I have to "try" if it works it's just a pain in the **s. Seriously guys, call me a crybaby if you want, my main sim is iRacing, the 2021 Season 1 is starting tomorrow, and trust me it's frustrating to have to reinstall the wheel driver and redo all the calibration just because AMS is not working properly...

Is there an utiliy to clean completely the wheel driver and do a clean install? I saw something on this forum, but I'm missing it now

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  2. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

So... unistalled G Hub, deleted everithing with the Logitech name from Device manager and %App Data% and tried LGS 9.02.65.

After many tries and reboots the result was worse than ever. My FFB was gone, massive centre spring also in iRacing, all was broken.

Installed again G Hub, but this time v. 2020.11.9270 and I was again at the starting point, iRacing was ok again, AMS again centre spring with effects. Like yesterday I can feel the road textures, the kerbs, and something vague from under/oversteer but... the wheel wants to turn back to the centre, no way to do full lock countersteer.

I will no more waste time, 2 hours wasted on trying something that should work out of the box. As an ex backer I remember since the start there was something wrong with g29, as it was needed a separate build. Tomorrow I will generate a trace file, but honestly I have no hope.

3. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

So here is my trace.

Note, I reinstalled Logi LGS 510 plugged my old G25 and it works fine. Detached G25, and plugged my G29, when in game it loads again the centre spring.

I'm using with both wheels the G25 shifter through Leo Bodnar adapter, and G29 Pedals through Leo Bodnar cable adapter. G25 works, G29 doesn't work.

Attached Files:

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for efforts.

Separate build mentioned was merged in one build in some of latest patches.

Checked your trace files, they are different then what we did have when doing patches.
    I'll ask someone with G29 in the team to check it out.

I personally have only G25 & G923 available, will check how 923 behaves in ams1.

5. Domagoj Lovric

OK so one person in team that is using AMS1 alot and drives with G29 has given me back their config which works perfectly, and in fact i can see from @Smiggie 's trace and comparing it to one doen by team member where the difference is.
    Here goes, guess it's of little value, beacuse of iRacing issues.

upload_2020-12-16_19-30-50.png

upload_2020-12-16_19-32-42.png

upload_2020-12-16_19-32-58.png

upload_2020-12-16_19-33-15.png

He mentioned he cannot access the "AMS" profile visible on his screenshots, because that profile was created in (uninstalled) G-hub.

Attached Files:

6. Cenk Muduroglu

Cenk Muduroglu New Member

this is a old driver tho

7. Smiggie

Smiggie Member

Thanks for the effort!

So I should move from the latest G Hub to LGS v. 8.82.151 and set everything like in the screenshots, right?

There is nothing else that can be done to let AMS works with G29 and G Hub?

8. Domagoj Lovric

Hello, according to my colleague, that should work.
    I would advise not to delete all g hub data (profiles for example).

ATM without patching ams1 there is no other way.

We do have ams1 patch planned sometime, trouble with it is encryption / packaging is nowhere near as streamlined as for ams2, hence it's lengthy process, so even if this was just simple code fix, deployment for it is not.
    I don't have estimate when that might be, but soon we should have integration of G923 TrueForce support in AMS2, so we will definitely be smarter wrt new Logitech software.

• Like Like x 2
  9. choi

choi New Member

hope you get rid of the issue

10. simx98

simx98 New Member

Any updates to this? Owned AMS1 for closer to a year now and haven't been able to actually play it because of these G29 issues.
    Currently I got the automatic setting of wheel rotation working as well as force feedback, but with a constant, massive centering spring force making it very difficult to turn the wheel.

11. Domagoj Lovric

Logitech G29 centering issue.

Check message above (linked), install that old LGS.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. simx98

simx98 New Member

I would love to, but the issue is that I have other Logitech peripherals, and uninstalling and using old LGS just to play one game would more than likely screw with the rest of my setup, or at the very least not let me customize the settings for my newer peripherals. I don't really see this as a valid solution to a problem that fairly clearly is on the game end. I love AMS2 and I am sure I would love AMS1, but I think the solution to this problem ultimately is out of our hands (the users) and more in yours (the game developers).

13. simx98

simx98 New Member

For what it is worth to the devs hopefully patching AMS1: It appears that the v1.4.8_g29 build works correctly. I noticed that there are no Logitech DLL files under the Plugins folder so I assume that this version of the game handles FFB and communication with the Logitech driver differently, maybe?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Quote taken from our steam Group from member today. 1 of many conversations. over weeks. Own issues have been ongoing months.
    May help or not but had no issues with after, below and other measures taken. working for over a days now, after another window 10 update causes regular /problems inc putting usb ports to sleep issues!

again troubles with g29/g hub: if i use a usb3 port g hub see g29 but ams2 not
    i don't see u online..
    .AMS2

My reply, just 1 of the many measures I tried to eliminate a multitued of window 10/ logitec/lgs and logitec hub issues
    [10:59 AM]
    Maser V6:
    " yes wheel issues more pain this week for lots of logi users. had the usb thing a while back 3 wks . all sttled for last wk cant believe it really just cant nail down single cause . In steam controller settings in prefs I have at top guide button 'focuse steam' 2nd slot playstation config support , 5th slot generic gamepad config all these I have ticked and it may have made a difference, also on pc startup as soon as possible when desktop appears I open lgs panel this I think takes control before a windows driver or something related , if delayed opening had issues. its set to run at startup but seems not to, lgs that is"

15. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

LGS software should be version 9.02.65.
    That's the last version I'm aware of, before the move to G-Hub.
    You can find it here: Logitech Gaming Software

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stix_09

Stix_09 New Member

just be aware it has 32 and 64 bit versions for 9.02.65

LGS_9.02.65_x64_Logitech.exe <== This one is 64bit (works with windows 10)
    (NOT LGS_9.02.65_x86_Logitech.exe which is 32bit unless u have older windows)

I can confirm 64bit version works with a 2021 build of windows 10

see my post here (i don't recommend Hgub with a g29/g920 wheel. buggy and updates break support)

Lastest GHub Version Crash AMS2

17. Stix_09

Stix_09 New Member

18. TruongND

TruongND New Member

I have the same problem with G Hub. I decided to uninstall G Hub and install LGS instead.
    After installing LGS 9.02.65_x64, AMS1 cannot find my G29, rebinding keys also doesn't work. AC, AMS2 have no problem finding my wheel.
    Should I clear all G Hub profiles, temporary files and even driver before install LGS, and how should I do it?