1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual Transmission not needing clutch

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Ayrton, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Ayrton

Ayrton New Member Reiza Backer

I've posted this before in other places, but it just dawned on me that I should go straight to the source and ask here. So my problem is that modded cars often don't require the clutch. Even with auto clutch/blip/lift disabled, they still act like they're semi-auto. I know I have my shifter and pedals set up correctly, the stock content like F-Vintage works great and grinds if I don't use the clutch. But with some mods, like a can am mod and the F1 1967 legends mod, I have it selected as full manual but it clearly has auto lift enabled. I've searched all throughout the mod files and can't find anything that would alter this. Is there some line in the mod's physics that overrides the need for clutch?

Note: the Historix mod is probably the best example since so many people use it. It's a fantastic mod, but the cars always seem to have auto clutch enabled, which just kills the immersion.

2. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Member

You're going to have to contact the makers of the mods to get that problem fixed.

While we're on the subject, can you recommend any historic sports or pony car mods that have the fully-modeled transmission and tire flatspotting?

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Well-Known Member Reiza Backer

And, half the mods that do use clutch are poorly programmed and result in a clutch with a much too small take-up rate or have too weak a clutch "strength," etc. It takes work to program it all in an authentic manner (as Reiza does).