1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing audio in many cars from cockpit view?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief AMS2 Club Member

hello,

Apologies if this was posted and resolved elsewhere - I've checked and not found anything so far.

I'm getting no cockpit engine audio on a number of vehicles (Trucks and Lotus F Retro as examples). Note, can hear wind, floor scraping, curbs etc but not engine. Only applies to cockpit camera, and engine can be heard if looking left or right.

Anyone else getting this, any solutions anyone know about please?

For reference I've done both integrity check and fresh install.

Many thanks

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Hey Paul, engine audio works well here in the cars you mentioned, at least in the F-Retro Lotus, I drove that just a few hours ago. Shot in the dark, are you using some kind of surround sound setup?

• Like Like x 1
  3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Yes, "surround" is probably the key word of your problem. For example if in Windows you're set as a 5.1 surround system and finally you're using a stéreo output (monitor, headset, etc.) you'll have this problem : you're loosing all center sounds. So be sure you're Audio setting, from the game, the soundcard to the real audio ouput, is correctly set.

4. Paul Jeffrey

Thanks for the info guys. I'm using logitech 5.1 surround speakers, need to check how that corresponds to game settings.

Really strange thing is, in some cars it works absolutely fine! (2020 StockCar for example). Wierd. Need to check headphones too see how they react.

Can definitely confirm its set to 5.1 on the speakers, just need to check the pc settings.

Strange problem I've never come across before- will report back my findings here.

Thanks for the reply gents, appreciate it.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be curious to know the outcome, as I had similar issues a while back and when I uninstalled equaliser APO it fixed it for me

6. Paul Jeffrey

Right solution I used was change the setting on the logitech speakers (not sure which one of 5 it was now tbh) until sound reappears.

Bizarre issue tbh, but at least its working again now! Obviously it doesn't like the standard 5 point surround option and needs one of the alternative ones to function .

Hope this helps, and thank you everyone for the advice - much appreciated.

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad you got it sorted.

8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had the same problem... Windows apparently doesn't shift automatically from headphones to speakers or monitor and such... :mad: