Modding help for a newbie

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Zuffenhausen Weiss, May 30, 2018.

1. Zuffenhausen Weiss

Zuffenhausen Weiss New Member AMS2 Club Member

For somebody who had no experience with modding or converting rF1 mods except for conversion via rFactortools, how do you "update" them to make use of all the features AMS has to offer such as automatic steering rotation, flat spotting, and missed shifts. Also how do you optimize skins as they appear too bright.

Also, how do you also deal with "phantom" cars, cars not showing up on the selection and if you don't like how they shift, how do you Frankenstein parts

I'll be grateful for any answers and thanks in advance

2. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The easiest way to get your head around what does what is to find a mod or loose file from a car that has that feature implemented.

Adjusting the alpha layer of the skins may help with the brightness, which you can do in photo editing software.

Car selection issues tend to stem from the format of .veh files, in my experience.

Long story short, there's no one easy big fix. You need a little bit of understanding of what each file does what and where to find it. I'd recommend focusing in on one issue at a time.