1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving gt3 cars from PC2 to AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike Cervantes, Feb 4, 2023.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You might not see that as stealing but I am pretty sure that the law sees it differently.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Mike Cervantes

Mike Cervantes New Member

How about the fact that the files for these cars are ALREADY in automobilista 2!!
    Illegal?? That’s stupid. First I bought project cars 2 and automobilista 2. Reiza didn’t bother to take the files for the cars that I’m discussing out of their game. Go ahead and look, they’re in there. They’re just not activated. So how can you steal what came with what you purchased.
    That’s how you debate.

3. Mike Cervantes

That’s dumb. You can’t steal something you’ve paid for. Look in your automobilista 2 folders in vehicles and youlle see the Acura nsx gt3 for example. So it came with it when you bought it. Just not activated.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mike Cervantes

The assets from project cars 2 are all in automobilista 2. If assets aren’t removed then how can they blame us for using them.

5. mansell

mansell Member

IMO those "assets" shouldn't be there from the first place.
    its a very good question why reiza dont remove them. i dont know the answer.
    even so, you know you dont have the right to use them. dont you?
    maybe that guy in the vid found the way to do it (MAYBE a pirated hacked version of the game allows that? i dont know) but the fact is thats illegal.
    just be careful trying to "unlock" those assets because (in many cases in other games and maybe in case of AMS2) this may cause a steam ban.

6. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The PC2 assets present in AMS2 are not enough to have the car in game. This is a big conversion job though, but as said earlier, links for such conversions are not allowed on the forum.
    No risk at all, you can even play online with all the existing mods if everybody has the mods installed. Steam causes no issue

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Like I said, nobody will blame you for simply using them, even if you tell everybody. Issues may arise if you start sharing them, but that's another story.

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

You haven't paid for those other cars just because there are some old files in there. I think reiza have said previously there are old PC2 files in there.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. mansell

mansell Member

did reiza explained why those files are (still) there?

10. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly, these are files whose deletion can possibly cause more problems than keeping them, given their very small size.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mike Cervantes

If you read my comments you’d see that you are incorrect when saying I didn’t pay for those old files because I did! When I said I bought project cars 2 and automobilista 2. That means I paid for them.

12. Mike Cervantes

That would make sense why they would leave them in there then.
    I know who you are!! Thank you so much for all the work you do, your mods are truly amazing!! I will donate as soon as I can. Been out of work dealing with some health issues. But asap will donate to you and I buy all the dlc even if it’s not my thing, just to support reiza and sms before they sold out. I don’t even play online. Was just hoping to be able to have a full grid like the guy in the video when I’m playing the championship mode.
    I knew there would be a fe of those people that would cry illegal activity when in reality I’ve purchased the files twice already.
    They must be super fun to hang out with. Better not try to cross the street without being in a cross walk

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Mike Cervantes

so do you play automobilista 2? Cause if so you probably shouldn’t play it anymore. Practice what you preach buddy! isn’t not obtaining licenses for tracks and putting them in the game anyways and just naming them Kansai instead of Suzuka, or caiscais instead of estoril the exact same thing? That’s rhetorical….you don’t need to answer.
    Now let’s talk about skin mods… you don’t use any of those do you? I mean, if there’s company logos on there that you haven’t paid for then that’s stealing according to you too right? Again rhetorical.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. F1Aussie

I didn't say you did not pay for those other files, I said you did not pay for those other cars as they are not in there in a working state. Robillard even confirmed that

15. F1Aussie

Don't know what you have been drinking but you make absolutely no sense.
    You did actually get one thing right though no I have no skins installed. I will at some stage though.
    Just because you have cars in PC2 gives you no right to expect that you have paid for them in AMS2, you have not paid for those cars twice, no idea why you would think that. It has been confirmed they are deprecated folders in AMS2.
    I am all for mods, the only thing I said about them is that in the eyes of the law they are probably illegal, there is IP and copyright, I ain't the law.
    Bizarre

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. mansell

mansell Member

mike,
    if you purchased aston, audi, lambo, ferrari, bentley, BMW Z4, cadillac and renault GT3s from reiza to drive them in AMS2 and you didn't got them, lawsuit them buddy.
    i paid for base game (no DLCs, no season pass) and i got all things i paid for (in terms of quantity) and many gifts from reiza.
    in fact i got A LOT of content that others paid but i didnt and reiza allows me to legally use it in a P2P lobbies if the hosts had paid for it. so no complains here.

SMS/bandai namco sold you those cars in PC2 (to me too). we both got what we paid for (in my case in terms of quantity) to drive them in PC2. not in other games. if you find a way to "move" them in other games (even from the same developer/publisher) is illegal. nothing grey about it.
    isn't that simple enough for you? (rhetorical question :D)

PS: for "kansai", "cascavais", "cote d'azur","circuit de sarth", "indian city", "circuit with a name that start with seb and ends in ing" and other names some games find to avoid licensing costs, its maybe bit of light grey area (im not sure about it) but i guess since some devs doing it in official releases without problem, probably there is some kind of a hole in lows that allows it. i personally dont like it, never asked for it (some do) from a dev and if i was a dev i wouldn't do it. i think kunos and iRacing don't do it, im not sure about raceroom.

PS2: as for the skins, i made skins for ACC for me, my friends and my leagues, i share some for free in racadepartment (well, RD asking from the users to buy me a coffee via paypal but no one did so far LOL). assuming from downloads number (about ~1000 for 6 skins so far) and the comments ratings im quite good at this.
    i'm maybe bit grey TBH because i do use motorsports sponsors stickers like shell, cannon, JPS, rothmans, liqui molly, acrapovic, boss, bilstein etc without asking their permission but i never got any problem with them i guess because im too small and they dont care or they dont mind to get some free advertisment, who knows. but i know im grey and i never said that i smoke camel, or i tank only shell ultimate so i can use them every way i want LOL

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is such a sensitive and polarizing topic, very interesting. So obviously by buying both PC2& AMS2, doesnt make moving cars or tracks or whatnot from one to another "legal". Still many people will not feel remorse or guilt because you bought both of them. I think calling it stealing is a bit much, because while the act of moving them from game to game is not legal, you paid for both games and lets be real, nobody is gonna sue you for doing that unless you go and try to make a profit. You might be doing something thats not "right" but you are not stealing. Now if you go and download a pirated game, or you take those cars and put them for sale as a mod to profit from them, then, that's both stealing and doing something thats not right to me.

Some companies are actually fine with it, Capcom being one of them, you see all sort of homebrew games using assets from other games and the most they get is a cease and desist letter. And mind you, we are not talking about 1 or 2 cars or tracks, they make whole games.

I for one dont see an issue in those conversions, so long as it's not for profit, but for personal use and as is the case with both PC1 and PC2, the assets are from very old games or games that are no longer available for sale.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Mike Cervantes

I see what you are saying now. And you are absolutely correct and I thank you for correcting me. I was partially being facetious, and It just sucks because it looks like the same exact files are in there and I really wish I could play with them. So basically I’m being a crybaby. That and my ocd is getting the best of me, cause now that I seen that video I know what I’m missing

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike Cervantes

I totally agree, and because this topic is so polarizing I try to joke around and keep it fun. The bottom line for me is I wouldn’t want to steal or use stolen assets. But at the same time don’t want to miss out on good cars and tracks. I think making sure we buy all the dlc from reiza and do whatever we can to support them is most important. If I was able to get these cars to work and next week reiza released a dlc package of these exact gt3 cars I would buy them because that’s the right thing to do.

20. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I disagree with you on one point. I don't feel obligated to buy all the DLCs to support Reiza. Why should I buy something I'm not interested in?
    Conversely, I am ready to pay more for the DLCs that interest me.
    I've never complained about the DLC prices but I have complained about the content.
    I find it strange the idea of buying something that doesn't interest me so that maybe, in the future, the studio releases a DLC that interests me. Sorry, I don't work like that.