1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving gt3 cars from PC2 to AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Mike Cervantes, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Thunderflash

Thunderflash New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone, sorry for causing so many questions. By sharing my mods I just wanted to share with you the pleasure of driving new cars in AMS2. from now on my mods will remain private.
    Cordially
    Thunderflash aka Didouc

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You dont have to apologize, your work just created a rather informative thread, some people are just more sensitive to this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't think the developer and original publisher of those cars from their game would be to happy if they knew it was being done. It is their IP. Might be value added by a modder but with someone else's work to start with.

4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Because there is a moral aspect to this. Those who's living depends on creating digital content tend to see the value in other creators work and are disinclined to de-value it by allowing it to being ripped, shared and reused without permission.

Just because you can probably get away with doing something does not mean you should do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. F1Aussie

The venues they perform at do need to pay to have a licence for them to perform other people's music. I also used to run an entertainment venue and we needed to have to pay a yearly fee just to have background music playing when our venue was open to the public. From memory that included cds our venue bought but may have played publicly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is nobody whose living depends on people not being able to convert PC2 cars to AMS2. PC2 is not even on sale any more. We are not talking about cars being stolen from one mod maker and resold a la Sim Dream Development.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well don't use mods guys. Know that it is tolerated, so if it raises a matter of conscience for you, don't do it.
    And @F1Aussie , they know it, but they don't really care. If it was really a problem for them, there would have already been lots of lawsuits against many modders, especially on AC or GTA which has thousands of mods from ripped models. And to my knowledge there has never been anything. So for mods on AMS2, a game which, let's be honest, isn't the most known, there's very little risk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mansell

mansell Active Member

i respect all modders (im kind of a modder myself, lol)
    i dont know what mods you make and never used mods in AMS2 but i was not talking about mods here mate. there are threads about mods in this forum and i could post there my concerns and my arguments, if i had any.
    i was talking about moving content (copy-paste it) from PC2 to AMS2 as the OP asked. i hope that not includes you. please dont stop to share the mods YOU (or others) create. i think reiza promised to make modding more easy in the last developers update and im glad they did. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  9. F1Aussie

I think a few years ago some modders on other platforms got cease and desist letters for mods they were working on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this SimDream story, with SimRacing604 who brought it to light. It's totally different, it was a modding studio, which sold mods for AC and who saw their mods stolen to be sold by another "studio". So there, it's a real copy paste with loss of profit for the original creators because their mods had the same purpose

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. mansell

mansell Active Member

@F1Aussie
    venues (restaurants, bars, clubs) in my country (EU) also paying a montly music fee. they even pay a fee to have a TV open. not sure about live performances but i know if you want to cover any song to record it and release it then you need to have the permission from the copyright owner.
    i guess street musicians are excluded, but then, street musicians here are excluded from taxes too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The only clear message I see here is that the subject of "Modding" is a slippery slope. Just how slippery depends on many factors (varying degree of slipperyness).

Kinda reminds me of tire-modeling & physics discussions . . .

:p:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That's the business of being an entertainment venue... Much like the alcohol licence, or a drivers licence... It's more of a tax than a payment as the artists don't see a dime...

So in reality they are no different to a torrent site... It's just "legal" sharing...

If every time a song was played an artist was given royalties, then there's something to talk about... As the artists never see a dime then they have as much legal recourse as the model builders of a defunct game that isn't on sale (sadly it's EA who have the rights not the model builders, so again the artists will miss out regardless...)...

But there's very little reason to go the legal route unless you are making major profits over that background music...

• Like Like x 1
  14. mansell

mansell Active Member

@Scar666
    in germany (your country i guess) bars from 200 m2 to 300 m2 which are open 6 days per week, paying 380 euros per month to GEMA (2023 tarif). i know because i use to pay them LOL.
    GEMA gives most (if not all) this money to the artists.
    https://www.gema.de/documents/20121...726d-431d621f452a?version=2.0&t=1673979313183
    there are different prices for any kind of event you can imagine (even for funerals and telephone aswering machines...) that has any kind of music, tv or video content
    GEMA | For composers, lyricists and music publishers - gema.de
    there are copyright collection societies like GEMA all over the world. actually GEMA is one of three artist's royalties collection societies in germany. see here. List of copyright collection societies - Wikipedia
    all these societies collecting money from bars, restaurants, fairs, hotels, malls and from any other event you can imagine that plays music. in germany they charge even if you have a television open for people to watch the news or sports or whatever.
    any tax each country may have, is on top of that

sorry for the off topic, guys

15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's been a few years since I lived on that side of the world, good to see Deutschland continues to have some well thought out laws...

However I didn't read anywhere that the profits go directly to the artists... There's administration costs, cultural and promotional events and then payments to "rights holders"... Although the music industry has moved on since the 90s and a lot more artists are their own labels and therefore own the rights, but that's not always the case... There's decades of music that still fits under the 70 year copyright law that the rights owners are not the artists, but the label or someone else who now owns them but had absolutely nothing to do with the creation or promotion of the music...

There's also how the label deals work, which can give as little as 5% to the artist on any sales or royalties, some artists have even worse deals and have to make their living from touring... This is a large issue with streaming services as bands want more from labels because their deals were signed when these services weren't seen as a big profit area and as such get a terrible deal out of it... So in a majority of cases there's very little money going directly to the musicians or song writers as the labels have had a stranglehold over the industry because of their ability to share the music, so the majority of money for recorded music goes to the promotors... This is a big reason why tape sharing and other forms of sharing are more accepted within the music industry than others... A fan at a show buying merch feeds the artists more than the sale of many albums... So any promotion is good promotion...

I also didn't read anywhere in the public broadcasting section that describes how royalties are shared or that pubs and clubs are required to give GEMA a list of how many times each song is played so that the artist can get their fair share of that 380 euros... No mention of a requirement for Spotify or iTunes to track them... For all I could tell they pay registered members, which could just be Motor Music, Universal, BMG and other rights holders with memberships... After they pay for admin and events...

If they are hidden away somewhere I couldn't find then it's a different case, but I did do what I thought was a thorough search of the website, but all I could find is reasons to pay GEMA and not the artists directly and why music is good to have in a business... Unfortunately a lot of these copyright collection agencies are more focused on the top dogs and not the majority due to the very nature of how the industry is set up...

16. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

it's too bad. There are quite a few cars that I would have liked to see in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please don’t…

your mods are amazing

18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please don't do that just because of some salty people, who tend to see the glass half empty.

Your mods are of great quality, and most of us are happy to be able to drive all those awesome cars in whats for most of us the best sim available out there.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You guys realize the post you're quoting is from two months ago? @Thunderflash since reopened his blog (which I won't link to) where you get both his mods and updates on their progress :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha yeah, now i do....lol

• Agree Agree x 1