1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer: Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GuiltySpark704, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Sounds painful :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC was much worse. Tire model was bad, it was throwing you out of the track any time you would go on a kerb. The game under rain was not playable at all. MP for the first months was almost zero as well. It took 6-7 months for that sim to have someone playing it.
    Now, everyone has a different opinion on whether it was a good choice to go out of EA at that given point for AMS2 but my point is that now everyone has forgotten and forgiven how bad ACC was but back then the conversations were almost the same as the ones we are having on AMS2.
    Regarding certain streamers it is enough to watch them and participate in their chats and discords. It is obvious that there is an undeclared "affiliation" which is a win-win situation for both Kunos and the streamers who get exclusive previews and invitation to events which make them gaining a lot of viewers. I'm just saying the mechanism must be considered by Reiza to look for their affiliated streamers because that has indeed an influence, whether we like it or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. vortex

vortex Member

That just simply isn't true! Look back at the Steam stats (Assetto Corsa Competizione ยท AppID: 805550 or Assetto Corsa Competizione - Steam Charts). There was never a time after release that ACC had less than 500 players. There were very few times even during EA that it had less than 250 players. I had really hoped that AMS2 would be more popular than this now.

There was a very vocal minority who constantly criticised ACC but that didn't have much of an effect on the number of people playing the game because most people didn't think ACC was bad.