1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by hoss2852, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Thanks for hosting @Maser V6 the first race was very fun.

I think that multiplayer's success is based in constancy. I mean, if a class or kind of races is hosted every week, players will invite others to race the kind of cars they like.

Some dedicated servers are configured in a very odd way, they put the name of the league or website, but not the class that's hosted. Other servers have rain set with the same intensity at the same time, that makes you feel on the groundhog's day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

See. I knew it was the Caterham 620r AI. AI is supergrippy and fast with them. Hacksorz!!!

3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for joining Damian, and all the others also, after feeling disappointed with 1st session (Ginetta) and only 1 player from portugal (who left 3rd way through) I posted
    I thought and he also asked why so few players?.

So to hell with it lets have some fun in the Mad Cat, and hey ho people turned up, turned out great, for the 2 x10 laps races at the good imo track. My error was too many ai, and yes they are fast there in the Cat, 96/66 seems a pretty good ratio for them at that track but does depend on track. "Ramaysg" chappy is super quick but only got to top 5 i think. I had some fun chasing then falling off track and chasing again, some good racing all round I think most enjoyed it.
    Marious in 1st race had good start and I think though the AI were fast in Q its possible to get a few of them on lap 1and have a dabble. Going to try and steer clear of the retro and vintage for a while as spent too long on them and a change is good, and turned out more fun.
    Cat may be good at Hocky Historic to see it on fast straights and the chichanes may be interesting. Not sure why the tyre temps are so low for so long. If like in pc2 we could set seasons ie summer it could be better allround for game? apart from car setup. camber and pressure changes did not help me.
    Had some familiar names join and that was good.
    I will run 2-3 tonight and see how we go and maybe a rematch with at same track/car with no or few ai. (gt3 there was boring) p2 not bad. V8 interesting!
    Back to work pm for me today after long furlough.

4. Maser V6

Yes, though if set lower than 60/66 aggression their too slow on corner entry. maybe 90/60 at this track?
    could be better

5. Maser V6

Have not gotten around to dedicated , I think an open gives more people a chance to have a look, if they have a bit of fun they tend to rejoin at later sessions

6. Maser V6

Ha lol maybe Cats in the :eek:wet tonight:D

7. Maser V6

Edit
    changed to Beta

8. Marius H

Its getting a it out of the hand. Someone just slighty bumped my rear at Cadwell to make me spin out so he can pass, lol. that was really nasty. On the straight...

oops wrong topic

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  9. Maser V6

Thanks all good test of ai and tracks tonight. bumpy at Interlagos H :) front wheels off ground on start straight! mmm

10. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

There are two main factors, very bad netcode acutally and many boring cars.
    In the forum every men get wild if he see the 10000th 1950 F1 car and start ********** 24/7.

Back to old GSC and AMS1 there was a large Stock Car Fan Base, and exactly that would fit in same way as earlier. The main group of player want actual Series on modern tracks.
    Good news that some great content things are underway.

But when I see how many bad server configurations are the lobby, I don't wonder why nb plays it.
    Imagine who wants to drive a F1 1970 car around a no mens lands track in Chile?
    Or who wants to drive a 50 hp historic Cup car on Interlagos with 2m30s per lap?
    Tbh, speaking for myself, I'm not.

As conclusion or result I would wish that many people host better server car/track combos but you can tell me what you want the main base is for sure the Stock Cars and these cars are fantastic!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  11. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

You misspelled "Respect" :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

*Rant warning*
    Had a morning with a lot of populated lobbies.
    First one was wet Imola, everyone but me quit by the end of the first lap.
    Second was mostly good. I was P2 and on the bumper of P1, great clean battle. Until I got punted from behind by the P3 driver. He did it twice that race. In the chat he claimed I changed my line. I tried to explain that battling on the limit doesn't leave enough grip to dart across the track to block him. He then changed to say I turned in on him despite already admitting he was completely behind me.
    Next lobby had the same guy, who surprise, surprise, had a collision and blamed it on the other person. I had a clean race to P2, although the guy originally battling for P2 was taken out on purpose by a backmarker and fell down the field.

Positives: No time penalties or slow down warnings.
    Negatives: Lobbies with rammers who hopefully will be caught out by the upcoming safety system.

13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

if you got no penalties and slow down warnings, maybe the admin disabled it.
    The new announced penalty system is not implemented in the current build

14. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am aware of that. It was more I didn't run off track to trigger them in the first place. Quite often they can ruin a session but in this case they didn't come into play.

15. mrravioli

mrravioli New Member

is there any league racing for ams2? or small group holding races from time to time? like the game a lot and would like to play more online

16. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Here are some but you have to create a account and then verify your identity before you can signup for a race
    Sim Racing System

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marius H

Might just sign up for the GT4, cause 23.30 GMT F-Trainer is way too late. I am a bit fed up with all the crashes, divebombs, people who do not brake, rejoiners who do not look its safe.

Wanna surround me with people who can make me a better racer. Not only speed, but also all the other factors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vitor Arbex

Vitor Arbex Member AMS2 Club Member

Sign up for SRS its got some really good people. I´l probably race on both series.

19. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's exactly why I could care less about Public online Racing and will always stick with Racing Leagues.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Are fixes and more features to the multiplayer expected on this week update, anyone knows?