1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Multiple inputs Detected] Problem when trying to assign controls

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by José Llamas, Feb 13, 2022.

1. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Testing concluded and nothing that I can do to fix it unless a complete reinstall would fix it. But I am not sure I am willing to go that far without assurances. It Used to work and the only thing that changed since last played was the game update.
    I have gotten the shifters and steering to work with the “custom wheel option” as was suggested from Rieza. However the ffb feels awful. Default + feels like a cheap spring loaded wheel and my custom ffb file which was perfect feels like I am driving on gravel all the time. Default provides no road feed back, only curbs.
    Whatever changes were made during the update for controllers need to be rolled back so that it works with what should be the correct wheel settings (fanatec csw 2.5) or it even worked with the csl dd settings initially.

2. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

So after modifying my Custom FFB file, settings and such, I have an acceptable level of feed back, both shifters working at the same time, and buttons reassigned using a "custom wheel" profile. Default FFB and Default+ are both terrible with the custom wheel profile

Question to Reiza: What are the differences between the Wheel profile presets that would make the FFB so much different? And where is support for the current line of Fanatec wheels and apparently Simucube?

3. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

I have same problem than TexasSpecial, gear change not work anymore.
    At last weekend updated Fanatec drivers and AMS2 to latest version.
    Either one broke it.
    Earlier worked like dream (I use paddles, sequental stick and H-plate depends of what car).

Fanatec DD1 + Fanatec Shifter

4. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

It was the AMS update. The only way I found around it was to redefine everything under a “custom wheel” profile. Then update the FFB settings as they reverted to default. You can copy the previous profile to get the button assignments over, but that was the only that actually worked. Everything else had to be redefined again. Very annoying as I have to set the brake limits on my pedal manually. I am still annoyed as its close, but its not quite right as my previous setup was tweaked perfectly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MJV_1973

Okay thanks, hope they fix it for next release.

I even deleted AMS2 folder from Documents but no help.
    So I will use Custom until it´s fixed.

6. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

I have found with my custom FFB file, that on some cars, the Road effects are more granular. I hate having to turn down FFB overall to reduce it, but its very grating, like riding on grooved pavement. :)

7. MJV_1973

Is that problem solved with latest release?

8. MJV_1973

No, it´s not fixed so have to use "Custom" profile.

9. CheseRS

CheseRS New Member

I am having a similar issues with a Fanatec v2.5 wheel. nothing can detect it in this game only after a firmware upgrade. Any thoughts other than reinstall?

10. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Have you tried the solution from the second post?

11. santiagofrisson

santiagofrisson New Member

Hola yo tambien estoy con un error similar o igual, no puedo configurar mi g29 al cual le cambie el volante que viene con otra entrada usb, y mi pedalera fanatec v3. Al parecer hay un error del juego. Ya que en la parte de Preajuste Control de usuario no me aparece "g29" de ninguna forma logro asignar los botones del volante ni la pedalera y menos calibrar...ojala me puedan ayudar ...saludos!

12. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

prueba la configuración personalizada y selecciona una entrada separada para los pedales
    upload_2022-9-10_10-6-5.png

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

fanatec csl elite ps4
    none of the solutions works

14. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

after many reboots and trying different usb ports and plug and unplug steering wheel usb cable and removing completely power cable worked all of a sudden like it used to worked
    no need those tricks but i never had that problem

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

i can asign Gear up and down but when pressing ingame to change gear nothing happens......isntgoing to 1st gear............what a buggy mess is this

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

it must be fanatec problem aswell cause happening now in rf2

17. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Same here I have a CSW2.5 and now since the update no steering wheel detection, errors for multiple inputs, tried custom and previous settings nothing works.

Tried Assetto, ACC, Beam , Euro and others all working as before, something with the update has created the issue.

If anyone has any other work arounds let me know.

18. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

Just to update, managed to get the wheel working again, it would seem something to do with the USB port detection, if the CSW2.5 has been in one USB port seems to make a difference.

So here what I did it may require both steps of one, my gut feeling is the second only.
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Devices and Printers
    3. Select Fanatec Clubsport base. ( Right Mouse Click.)
    4. Game Controller Settings
    5. Check Firmware is updated.
    6 Setting Tab ( Calibrate Wheel Centre.)
    7 . Check wheel operations in the function tab. ( is the wheel movement detected. ) if so move on.
    8. Check Fanalab to ensure all devices are shown in the panel

Part 2. _This may be the only bit we need.
    Now boot the game.
    Go to the control scheme You should see you the wheel if you try and calibrate you will probably getting the multiple input error.
    You should see reset to default. Press this and then recalibrate.
    Assuming you wheel is selected as CSW2.5. then this worked for me.

I think the game update has either bugged or the removal and connection of the usb has changed something the game cannot detect without reset default.

Also noticed if you calibrate as a new wheel i.e profile 5 this calibrated , but when I went back to the original profile 1 this would not calibrate unless reset to defaults. I played around and tried to cause the same error unplugging etc and could recreate the same issues, with the resolve and this time i only reset defaults. I would assume deleting the controller ini config would do the same thing, but would would have to map everying again.
    To add for me the reset only reset the calibration on that page and did not affect keybind or FFB setting.

I hope this helps or fixes someones issue.

19. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I love this game and want nothing but success for the devs.

With that out of the way. LONG standing issues like this don't seem to matter to the devs. At the end of the day, this is supposed to be a racing sim. Not very sim like if you can not use wheel and pedals along with other sim devices.

Proper wheel support should be a priority. If it comes down to lack of skill to be able to fix these things and even get proper trueforce implementation, then hire a outside source. One time payment for a project to fix these problems and get them out of the way.

Something really funky must be going on under the hood for these issues to not be solved yet.

I don't want this reply to seem like a hate on the game, more of a possible solution for the devs. If they can't / don't know how to do it then find someone who can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mesfigas

mesfigas Member

please add some Moza profiles
    its almost 2024