1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Thoughts on AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DaveC187, Nov 20, 2020.

1. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

A little about me. I have always loved sim racing games. I've played everything from Gran Turismo, Forza, to Project Cars2, all on console, using a controller. A few years ago, I built my own PC and started getting into PC games, and purchased Assetto Corsa, but have only played with controller. A few months ago, I purchased my first racing wheel (Fanatec CSL) and discovered what I was missing with sim racing games. The FFB wheel completely changed my experience. I played many hours on Assetto Corsa with content manager, graphic mods, etc. and its been a blast to play. I also purchased Race Room 3 and am having a lot of fun with that game as well.
    I also purchased AMS2, and hands down, this is my most favorite sim racer of all time. The way the cars feel when racing is unmatched by any other racing game I have played. I have never had a bigger smile of my face racing in any other game. The graphics are great and the car and track selection is unique and a totally new experience. I cannot wait for what's ahead for AMS2. I will be along for the journey.
    Great job Reiza! And happy racing to all!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

I also love AMS2! I have been playing racing games since Grand prix circuit on DOS back in the early 90s. And since then ive played them all. Every car racing game, and as you mentioned, getting a wheel set up is definitely game changing!

But, AMS2 does have a long way to go, there is no sugar coating it. It's got everything going for it now since the last update (graphics, sound, ffb, physics, etc) but the cars are a hit and miss. Some cars are absolutely fantastic, and some are not.
    But I still love this game because the stuff it has done right, oh my, is VERY right.

The one other thing that is keeping me following and playing AMS2 is that they are working on a full on Career mode, and that's what I've been thirsty for since GTR2 days.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Your next step could be VR, which was, at least for me, the next big game changer after the force feedback wheels. The feeling of sitting in the real cars is indescribable...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd agree....if you're in a cool place. My experience was the opposite, and my enjoyment w/ VR was short-lived, as it was inconvenient and warm to wear for a while (at least in our humid/tropical environment). So I just upgraded (slightly) my triples. :)

5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I dont want to sound mean but in this case you have not experienced good (physics driven) FFB yet. Glad this makes you happy :) but ams2 still has a long way to go.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

What games would you say have good physics driven ffb?

7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here we go ...

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Because of leg problems I use a fully handcontrolled wheel without FFB(SRW-S1).
    But before Reiza does filter the mighty over-exaggered bouncing of the cars away I have to say that if they could keep the instant and no lagging bouncing in the car physics intact - but maybe just make a complete(?) rewrite :whistle: of the camera implementation of World Movement in relation to Car Movement - then they will have a world/car behavioring none other racing sim can match.;)

Because it has allways irritated me that even rF2 with their rather reasonable car physics and tire model have too much damping/filtering and slightly delayed/lagging car movements.
    Thats the reason AMS2 has become my no. 1 goto racing game.:p
    Eventhough the mentioned over-exaggered bouncing often makes my eyes (and head) hurt.:eek:

ByTheWay: Im not mentioning Raceroom and ACC because their filtering of car movement is slightly worse than rF2. And iRacing is COMPLETELY left out because of their lousy tire model - and because I want to stay polite. ;)