1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 13, 2020.

1. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Haven't watched the entire video yet, but I agree with his complaints about the AI... the more I drive it the more frustrated I get. They are incredibly slow and very erratic on corners making it very difficult to make a corner side by side with the AI without fearing that something will go wrong.

The AI will often try to go for the inside line on a corner no matter if you're already there or not, and either bump you from the side or force you to almost go off track to avoid them. You can see them doing this with each other as well when AIs will sometimes bump and bang against each other during corners. Doesn't look good.

At 9:27 on that video you can see the AI doing one of the most frustrating things that I've experienced twice today on a GT3 race at Oulton Park, where they will very suddenly swerve in front of you right before a corner just before they brake hard... both times this happened to me I had no time to brake and could not avoid a collision.

Also, the GT3 race at Oulton Park that I mentioned was a 30 min race and the AI cars remained pretty much bunched up together from beginning to end.

I'm otherwide loving the game but all the AI problems are still forcing me to use other sims if I want a decent AI race :(

EDIT: Watched the full video now... yeah, that seems just as bad as I had it racing the GT3s on the Nords a couple days ago. The weird "rubber-banding" AI thing where AI cars behing you can sometimes gain some magical speed but then go back to being slow once they pass you is that I suspected to be a thing as well, but in that video it seems more apparent than it did on my own AI races. And that kamikaze AI mode at 25:32... wow

Hope someone from Reiza watches that video as it is a "nice" compilation of several AI issues in a single race.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, that video just looks like he put way way way way too many AI into the race. I barely ever see that kind of craziness in my own races (max 20 AI at any time), on the contrary I find quite easy to race them side-by-side through multiple corners and rarely ever get side-swiped etc.

3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is no mention of a "safe" number of AI in the UI. If there are no restrictions, a player should expect the AI to work correctly whatever the amount of cars (except perhaps on a karting track).

4. Scraper

• Like Like x 1
  5. Norman K.

Norman K. Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Group A ,using h box

7. Scraper

8. Veemaster

Veemaster New Member

If you like this video please subscribe my channel
    Thanks so much ^_^

9. Veemaster

Veemaster New Member

If you like this video please subscribe my channel
    Thanks so much ^_^

10. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

A 20-lap race, with one mandatory pit stop. Raising the difficulty *just* beyond my limit(after a free practice session), proved to be tough, but much more fun than previous races. The strategy needs some fine-tuning though… o_O

11. Scraper

Timo has fun recreating the nearly underwater 2020 IMSA Daytona race. Check out the thumbnail - the track surface looks superb.

12. Scraper

Sean Seebran, who is new to AMS2, takes his butt-kickers to his favourite track, the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

13. Scraper

14. GregzVR

A 20-lap race, with one mandatory pit stop. Also trying out FULL damage… :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well after testing the sim after the new update today I am so happy! There has been some real progress and quite a few important fix'es to some long standing issues. Think I've figured out whats been done with traction control aswell!

Was very happy to make this video.

BRAVO REIZA!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Let’s crash at the beach.
    My view from Sunday’s 1st round of the All Nations Sim League’s GTE Championship. A night race at Long Beach with a mandatory pit stop. I’m VR using a HP Reverb G2 and on a DOF Reality H3 motion rig.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This ones kind of a responce to a disscussion on the Reiza forums about A.I. slipstreaming (just to put it in context).
    Ok guys as promised I got straight on this (seeing as work F'd up the rota so im not on it this week, so got the time), ran a little test and found some (hopefully) conclusive evidence of A.I. on A.I. slipstreaming, its not all good news, nothing majorly terrible, but if you watch the whole thing, I did discover (having previously not run alot of race's with these cars and A.I.) something else that could do with looking at.
    Anyway, hope its useful!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Scraper

In his latest video, Billy mentions in passing that he temporarily took down a previous AMS2 video to cut out some erroneous information. That's one of the reasons why he deserves more viewers IMHO.

19. GregzVR

20. Boomer Studios

Boomer Studios New Member

I'm fairly new to Automobilista 2, but I am loving it. I've got a couple of Formula Vee videos posted and more variety to come soon. Be sure to like, comment, subscribe, and click the bell to get notifications of my new videos.
    Thanks for watching!
    Boomer