1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new patch game "changer" or just "easier" ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoMd, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

You wont convince us (me at least) that your opinion is right, we wont convince you otherwise, so whats even the point of this thread, its your opinion and you are in your right to have it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

I’m not forcing or obliging anyone, I’m just expressing my opinion and I wanted to compare it. In fact, at the beginning of the post, I asked if anyone could help me understand where I was wrong and where I didn’t understand the feelings since it is said to be a game changer and I haven’t felt this improvement. Forums exist for this, to ask and get answers, at least in the past. I have to admit that I’m always scared to write because I’ve received insults even for my incorrect English, that’s why you’re talking to AI now…I hope it doesn’t turn into an aggressive conversation because as you’ve seen some people think like me and I’m sure there are others who don’t comment so as not to be bothered.”
    Please let’s take it lightly, we’re just talking and as I said several times I’ve never driven a Formula 1 car so I could be wrong, I’m just basing myself on the fact that now I’m doing things that I consider incredible and absurd in Formula 1, I posted a video of Nigel Mansel doing something impossible but I can do it easily in the game :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Turbo Granny

Dont get me wrong, it wasnt agressive in anyway toward you, but I just think its kindda pointless. So I have some toughts, is wildly oversteering and doing 360º the fastest way to drive now a F-Ultimate 2? I agree what Mansell and Max did was impressive, but well I do that in any sim if I have to... it's kind of a instinctive save. For me the Ultimate Gen 2 before this patch would snap oversteer at the first chance, do you see how current F1 driver will bitch at the slightest bit of oversteer and understeer they have? Also at quali if they oversteer a bit they will lose time at a turn, its not the fastest way to drive a high downforce car, you want it to be neutral, isnt the Ultimate Gen 2 more neutral now? Specially if you try to remove the oversteer, that now is a manejable ovesteer. If you would preffer the car to be snaping at you every turn I dont know what to say. Maybe you really should try sending your curriculum to some team, if mazepin and others got there :D.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

no no, i will send my Cv directly to Ferrari !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This patch has actually made some track/car combos even harder. For some reason, bumps feel even more visceral through the ffb with the same ffb settings. Try the not-indycars at long beach and see what i mean.

The game is easier in the sense that the cars drive more consistent. The skittish feeling is removed. The biggest improvement is in hairpin corners. I cant wait for the GT1 and Group C classes to have their updates.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Turbo Granny

Have you tried the Retro Gen 2s? Its glorious, I never cared much for the retro F1 classes in general but now its what I've been driving the most. Cant wait to see it in GT1 and Group C also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

If... the setup share function would be enabled again.

8. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From my admittedly limited experience with open wheelers after the patch, I can definitely say that it hasn't become easier. People are absolutely correct that the handling is just more consistent now, but still quite punishing if you go over the limit, and therefore imo AMS2 has become a lot more realistic. I honestly don't want my car to mysteriously fall apart mid-corner for no reason, because that does not happen IRL.

I don't know what you expect, the issue is probably the simple outdated assumption that the harder the more realistic. Especially F1 are insane, absolutely bonkers. Here's another video of a Hamilton pole lap. Look how late he braked into Les Combes (at the end of the long straight) and the bus stop chicane. Eau Rouge is flat out in slower disciplines as well, but Pouhon? It blows my mind every time I watch this. These cars are incredible.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe the engineer from PC2 decides to move house and come over

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hehe after you teased me by your friendly call for duel I couldnt help trying to beat your time in the vacuum cleaner on Monza.
    And trying to be overly fair I also had to use the default setup :mad:
    This is the fastest I can do - if Im not allowed to cook a setup myself.
    Im so slightly faster that we in danish would laugh and say: You are only a flies pubeshair faster :p

TT-Monza.png

Later: After watching the replay of our 2 cars Im actually 5 pubeshair faster until the last corner.
    Where I cowardly brakes too much to not sell it all.:rolleyes: Pretty exciting IMO:D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

upload_2023-6-17_0-54-31.png

Definetly is easier :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

You will be quicker if you spend time doing setups

13. BrunoB

Hopefully not :p:p

14. Racinglegend1234

@MarcoMd how do your times look like with the default setup around Barcelona in the Formula Ultimate gen 2?

15. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

i donno, i actually maybe never did Barcellona.. i'll try and i'll let u know.. i need to learn this track.. i know few tracks

16. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

20230617183433_1.jpg

Just for reference, the above is a safe lap without actually trying too hard and without changing anything about the setup (which is set up to be very safe to drive). Your lap wasn't particularly clean as well.

Get back to complaining about this game being too easy when you're on pace for mid 34's with default setup, before you're not at all on the limit.

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

Ok man.
    Anyone know if I can erase this post.
    I was just making fun with Bruno that I did the first position just In 5 min becuase now I had the wrong feeling that the game is easier.
    Sorry for my mistake.
    The game is definitely not easier

18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

19. BrunoB

Ofcourse you can - just edit post>delete text.
    But you could also buy a game pad and realise that on certain tracks(!) you get a huge advantage more or less for free.
    With your talent I guess that on these tracks you could top most TT LBs using such a controller.
    But probably only on those certain tracks.;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

So you suggest to buy a pad ?