1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Refunds?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Nigel Franklin, Aug 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Would you like to inform us of what league you are from? Also, EU has a minimum of 2 weeks to refund a product and I would assume that 95% of companies have it that way so don’t understand what the big issue is

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably just trolling tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nigel Franklin

Nigel Franklin BANNED BANNED

You sound like something out of 1984. I exceeded the allowed time? Do steam make the law do they?
    After 14 days it is discretionary whether something is refunded, Thats the discretion of Reiza. Does this meet the threshold for that? Of course it does! Its clear!

They can decide to not refund as they have. However if you do that in this very small world then your reputation will be damaged. I like to support devs, never had a problem with one. I wish them all success.
    You do this kind of thing though, you will make enemies. Its like that in all small communities. Most devs in this space know better than do things like this!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

1. I wasn’t alive in the 1900s
    2. The EU makes the law as said above
    3. They did nothing wrong and welcome tom my ignored list (you might not care, but I don’t either)

5. Nigel Franklin

No. I would not like to inform you. My group is private, mainly made up of personal friends of mine.

2 weeks is an arbitrary figure, it is not set in stone. For 2 weeks the refund is automatic. After that it is discretionary. please dont make me have to type that again. Easier for you to read that once than for me to type it 3 times!

Reiza and steam have turned down the refund. Would like someone from Reiza to tell me that this is what they think is right. Thats all!

6. Nigel Franklin

1 No surprise there
    2 The EU makes the law lol. Brazil developer sells game through US site to non EU citizen. Please put me on your ignore list.
    3 I do care, to be on your ignored list is an honour and I am sure I am in good company!

7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

8. Nigel Franklin

The solution from what I can gather is to get a custom resolution available through nvidia control panel. Tried many ways of forcing the right custom resolution but its not happening, Some can though.

TBH after what has happened, I am not sure I could enjoy this sim now. Think it has really improved and was looking forward to driving it but have a very nasty taste in my mouth now. Not helped by one or two people above who simply have either forgotten right from wrong or never learned it!

My plan was to refund, when they fix the quad monitor thing I would have bought again. Now that good will is not there.

Reiza have no doubt seen this and said and done nothing. That has told me all I needed to know.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Man, where you are living? Writing such a post and hoping that one of the developers is reading this (yeah, they have noting else to do) and apologize for the insolence they have done?
    Have you ever thought about shooting a PM @Renato Simioni or @CrimsonEminence about it?
    I can remember a few cases where the team has been gracious in helping then.
    I'm sure the community will cope with this heavy loss!:D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nigel Franklin

Is it too much to ask, for a company to be monitoring their own forum?

Insolence? What are you talking about? Look up what that means, where did you get that from?

Did I say anywhere that I wanted an apology? To be absolutely clear, I don't want an apology. An explanation would be nice but I don't even expect that. I have asked for 1 simple thing, do Reiza stand by the decision not to refund?

Now for all the words that you would like to be put in my mouth, let that be very clear for you! I have made it clear previously!

Simply, in this case, do they stand by that decision? Yes or No

And silence means that they would like my money but know that it is wrong. And we have had silence, so there is your answer!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

well, you posted your initial post about 7 hours ago, you at least could give them 24 or 48 hours to respond, there are a lot of companies who don't reply in a couple hours, even companies that are a lot bigger then Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Nigel Franklin

Yes. Give them 48 hours, After the weekend maybe Tuesday?

This is gone into obscurity by then. 7 hours is enough to be pretty sure they know!

Its a really simple question. Its one of morality isnt it. Doesn't take any consideration. We can see that the wrong thing has been done. Will Reiza put that right?

Are they going to do the wrong thing for short term profit? With every passing hour it looks that way!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Roy Niessink

How old are you? because your acting like a kid who doesnt get what he wants quickly enough

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Can't configure triples when you have 4 screens

15. Nigel Franklin

"Quickly enough"? are you kidding? 7 hours, the leading post in forum on a Friday when you are maybe leaving for the weekend. Full workday and not one person from Reiza has looked at it despite the @. lol cmon. Also been number 1 post in steam all day too.

But yes, they just didn't know and I am expecting too much! Cmon mate, I got a nice oceanside mansion in oklahoma to sell to you!

They know!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

real issue is he can’t get it working with 4th monitor, but I race a few guys that have it working , there’s is a solution.
    Maybe Op should start a thread asking for assistance on that instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone confiscate the kid's tablet?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Steam refund policy is not a matter for the studios or publishers selling games at steam - you have been sent suggestions how to workaround the issue for quad screen setups - coming onto this platform all guns blazing on a friday while the studio is currently on a break after a 2 months crunch will not help a solution to be found more quickly.

Solution for the core topic of the thread is a matter of steam (refund below 2h mark of playtime), if that playtime has been exceeded the possibility has passed to refund unless you may be lucky by goodwill of the support.

A general reminder folks, that if you don't have to add anything helpful, you may better off just leaving it be btw.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This basically is the right thing to do (if steam denies a refund), this community has multi screen setup users and other special cases of hardware that are happy to share solutions for sure - and with that we leave it here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.